FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

Gargantuan Witch Doctor (Patch 2.6.4)

Guest WD Helltooth

I’m seeing all the top WD’s using Belt of Transcendence. What are your thoughts on this? I can’t make up my mind.

Guest Kishi Hato
On 2/4/2019 at 2:01 PM, Guest WD Helltooth said:

I’m seeing all the top WD’s using Belt of Transcendence. What are your thoughts on this? I can’t make up my mind.

Honestly, Its been working out fine for me.. The most I've had out at once is 6.. Though I feel like this belt would see more use out of the Zuni set, seeing as how often they die and get replaced..

On 2/4/2019 at 9:01 PM, Guest WD Helltooth said:

Unless you're having trouble surviving I'd still roll with The Witching HourThe Witching Hour but you can run Belt of TranscendenceBelt of Transcendence until you feel that your damage is dropping off. Problem with swapping things then is that you might not be used to the extra dangers not being soaked.

Edited by Arkpit

Some minor notes and typos, as usual:

1) According to the Introduction page and the text on the Gear page, in the table Tasker and Theo should be marked as "best in slot" and Helltooth Gauntlets as "alternative", or not?

2) In the speed farm variation page, another passive should be suggested for the Hellfire Amulet, since the two that are suggested are both already taken as regular passives by the build...

3) In the table of the speed farm variation page, at least two more preferred stats should be mentioned for the belt, since Goldwrap and Krelm's Buff Belt cannot roll Attack speed nor Critical Damage...

4) In the skill page, when talking about Grave Injustice, it is written: "Take notice of the pickup radius synergy and try to obtain that stat in the secondaries of your gear". However, this secondary attribute is never mentioned nor suggested in the Gear page and in the stat priority tables...

5) Which are the best Follower and Potion for this build?

6) In the Gear page it is written that "the optimal stats remain [...] Intelligence, both Crit stats and Increased Attack Speed for the gloves", but in the table Attack Speed is not mentioned (for the gloves nor any other item, except The Witching Hour), so maybe is it a typo?

7) In the Gear page it is written: "As previously mentioned, Uhkapian Serpent is a viable soloing alternative offhand." But I didn't see any mention of Uhkapian Serpent before that point...

8] Another typo: in the speed farm variation page, it is written "When doing regular Rifts, you can swap this slot out for Goldwrap", but the word "this" refers to nothing...

Guest SRA

Thanks for the guide. Why aren't you using Echoing Fury in the cube and wear unity and Flavor of Time? Wouldn't this be a damage increase while maintaining toughness?

Also, I was reading let speed was capped at 40 or 50% (accomplished by Tasker & Theo) and any other attack speed just increases let damage. Is this correct?

Guest Cruorin

Helltooth greaves have movement speed suggested. Since you can hit the move cap with paragons, wouldn't resist all or a skill be better?

I know that probably no one is even paying attention to gargs in season 20 because of spirit barrage, but I think this guide should now include ring of emptiness, removing zombie dogs for either haunt - poisoned spirit or locust swarm - pestilence. 

Guest Hello
23 hours ago, gardethk said:

I know that probably no one is even paying attention to gargs in season 20 because of spirit barrage, but I think this guide should now include ring of emptiness, removing zombie dogs for either haunt - poisoned spirit or locust swarm - pestilence. 

Ring of Emptiness doesn't work with pets.

On 3/21/2020 at 10:41 AM, Guest Hello said:

Ring of Emptiness doesn't work with pets.

Thanks, I was hopping to find some improvement to gargs ?

Guest SweeToxin

I saw items say crit and crit multiplier, and also some items with attack speed. 
do pets inherit attack speed and crit modifiers? 

On 4/9/2021 at 4:02 AM, Guest SweeToxin said:

I saw items say crit and crit multiplier, and also some items with attack speed. 
do pets inherit attack speed and crit modifiers? 

Pets do indeed scale with the character's critical hit and attack speed stats! Do not neglect them across gear 🙂