FORUMS
Valks

Poison Dart Witch Doctor

Guest Aquatic Sloth

I've been pushing rifts with this build but a few comments:

-Grasp of the dead is annoying to use compared to locust swarm-pestilence. Its much easier to spread so your fetishes can actually do their increased damage.

-I haven't been finding much use for Big Bad Voodoo even at 50s-60s, hopefully it comes to use later with higher level guardians.

-Since I don't need to use voodoo a lot, I put a furnace in my weapon slot instead and its been great.

A couple of minor notes:

1) In the tables of the Gear and Speed farm pages the suggested pauldrons are Corruption: this should be changed to Pauldrons of the Skeleton King, as suggested in the text and in the Introduction page.

2) In the table of the speed farm variation page, at least two more preferred stats should be mentioned for the Goldwrap belt, since it cannot roll Attack speed nor Critical Damage...

3) Which are the best Potion and Follower for this build?

4) In the skill page, when talking about Soul Harvest and Sacred Harvester, there ia a parenthesys that is opened but not closed.

5) With the inclusion of Grave Injustice, should incresed pickup radius be suggested in the table of stat priorities?

6) In the Gear section it is written: "At the full 5 stacks of a non-Sacred Harvester setup, Lakumba's Ornament will..."; but Sacred Harvester has been included in this setup now!

7) In the table of Gear page, the references to "alternative for speedfarm" shoul be removed from jewelry since there is already a dedicated page for the speed farming variation...

Guest Nino

In what world do we not use StarMetal Kukri? Reduces BBV to instant and keeps fetishes up non stop if you die somehow. Way better than current cube option.

3 hours ago, Guest Nino said:

In what world do we not use StarMetal Kukri? Reduces BBV to instant and keeps fetishes up non stop if you die somehow. Way better than current cube option.

In late game (120GR+) you'll want to stay alive at all costs and Sacred HarvesterSacred Harvester is a % multiplier and will give a massive boost over 1200 paragon to both damage and resists as well as the extra Lakumba's OrnamentLakumba's Ornament stacks.

Before 800 paragon however the Starmetal KukriStarmetal Kukri is a perfectly good alternative, even better in same cases in early to mid season. I wouldn't try much higher than 110 though with it though.

Most builds on here is meant for late game season and assumes 1-1.2k paragon so some things can be explained through the extra chunk of main stat points.

Edited by Arkpit

Hello guys. I followed the guide to a T, have all items, legendary gems, decent stats etc yet on T15 I get one shot all the time. Damage is fine but toughness sucks, which I don't get. I've seen videos of this build on GR100 in the middle of mobs doing fine. Am I missing something or is the build very squishy ? Thanks a lot for your help

Edited by JotaEquis

Guest caoth
On 5/26/2019 at 6:35 AM, JotaEquis said:

Hello guys. I followed the guide to a T, have all items, legendary gems, decent stats etc yet on T15 I get one shot all the time. Damage is fine but toughness sucks, which I don't get. I've seen videos of this build on GR100 in the middle of mobs doing fine. Am I missing something or is the build very squishy ? Thanks a lot for your help

Same problem here. I must use Aquila chest & gems that reduce non-physic as well as melee dmg to survive GR above 60

Guest Loimko

I play HC Seasonal and I’m definitely skipping RORG and taking zuni shoulders for the 6 piece set bonus. Obviously cubing Unity to share dmg with immortal follower. That will make a big difference in squishiness!

2 hours ago, Guest Loimko said:

I play HC Seasonal and I’m definitely skipping RORG and taking zuni shoulders for the 6 piece set bonus. Obviously cubing Unity to share dmg with immortal follower. That will make a big difference in squishiness!

It'd be a great idea if there were Zuni shoulders ?

Guest Loimko
22 minutes ago, JotaEquis said:

It'd be a great idea if there were Zuni shoulders ?

Haha wow. Epic failure here >.<

Guest Hello

I've seen many top of the leaderboard players use Horrify: Frightening Aspect in place of Haunt: Poisoned Spirit. Haunt just doesn't really make sense to include into the build because any time spent casting Haunt is time not spent shooting Poison Darts, whereas Horrify's armor buff can be made permanent with a Flawless Royal Diamond in the helm.

On 6/2/2019 at 4:02 AM, Guest Hello said:

I've seen many top of the leaderboard players use Horrify: Frightening Aspect in place of Haunt: Poisoned Spirit. Haunt just doesn't really make sense to include into the build because any time spent casting Haunt is time not spent shooting Poison Darts, whereas Horrify's armor buff can be made permanent with a Flawless Royal Diamond in the helm.

Many builds on here assume you don't care about dying a few times and to maximize damage potential for a longer bossfight so it's why the 20% dmg alternative is in there instead of survivability.

On Hardcore everyone runs Horrify instead, you pick and choose what works best for you.

Guest spudgun182

depth diggers won't work because poison darts don't generate resource, right?

Guest Hello
6 hours ago, Guest spudgun182 said:

depth diggers won't work because poison darts don't generate resource, right?

They do work, but only with the Spined Dart rune

5 hours ago, Guest BladerLucker said:

Why not using Travelers Pledge and Compass Rose?

Because the convention of the elements ring, combined with a speed or damage pylon at 2*duration is better in damage than said items. You can still play EW, with good efficiency, especially at lower gear/paragon levels. 

• Like 1

Guest Mushomancer

Hi Deadset. Thanks for updating the guide for S18. One clarification - On skills page there is still a mention of Sacred Harvester in contrast to the gear page that uses dagger of darts as weapon of choice and echoing fury in the cubed weapon. Which one is correct? Thank you.

Guest Puncto

Just a quick question about the Zuni Carnevil Poison Dart build in patch 2.6.6: you suggest the Aughild Authority 3 piece bonus so as to get 15% DR and 30% ID as well as 30% of both vs elites. However, I can only see 2% of each. Was this patched recently? I am playing on switch. Do you have recommended alternatives? Cheers

The Skills, Runes, and Passives section needs to be updated as it is still mentioning the use of Sacred Harvester (as pointed out above by another user) and Lakumba's Bracers instead of the newly added Aughild's Power.

Guest Achilles57
On 9/6/2019 at 7:09 AM, Kuarinofu said:

It's weird that this build focuses so much on damage completely ignoring the fact that any ranged portal mob past t13 oneshots you.

Wearing the Eye of Etlitch neck and Uhkapian Serpent in the cube helps a lot. Also for this spec, Horrify is much better than Soul Harvest as it's so easy, quickly cooled, and so much less risky and tedious tbh. Higher GRs will require rubies in gear too. Squishy but super fun build imo. glhf

Guest Chalk6ix_NZ

The point of using the Flavour of Time? As far as I'm aware the Pylon effect doesnt work in Greater Rifts.....

So, the guide says that Simplicity's Strength 

...[Affects] both yours and your Fetish attacks, and upgrading with a steady pace of half a percent per gem level...

However, the Diablo 3 Wiki (https://diablo.fandom.com/wiki/Simplicity's_Strength) says

This gem has no effect on pets and minions: i.e. Poison Darts cast with Carnevil will not be affected neither by the damage boost nor healing.

So, which is it?  Because if the Wiki is correct, then that gem is nearly useless in this build.  If that's the case, I'd recommend replacing Simplicity's Strength with Moratorium for better survivability at higher tier rifts, or Pain Enhancer for a nice damage buff.

Edited by bgm