FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Pandacho

Resto Shaman vs Sha Heroic

OK, my string for Sha Heroic's debuff:

dKd4caGEvrAxujBtvXmLizUiA2s4MsIBJq7eO2Ry3QSFIIFQkzyOQFJ0Lj9yQYGjknCP4GurhgQJbY5KKwOQqTuvLwmr1YLQhkrQNszzOYZHmrvrmvqnzctxP)cWvvfYZuW1jYgvL60OSzfTDeyAk0xLO(Su67QIAKseNKkmAvvJxvqxsvGBHGUgv15Psnoj13aYRb0bkWXyXCCR2NypL0Hh9qKy5Sc26gWYw8bu1gTdO5hJyxBmumox8UgIrmMiMiWXM0Bn2t1aMJpMGHAkWUTf7bef7bnX8Of0EGd4X82VUMRMBaAeeOAoOXXmj0FiBmS3YOhkWXqlUVbogIkDcaE)470IyvWOv7XquPteZXTAFI9usNcXRdrwwXaDk1XiYkQGHjnQ0jqKoz9sO9ZfXMHyckaev6erE2yt2Xq)boMGcGOIq4wnYJHOsNiMJB1(e7PKofIxhISSIb6uQJrKvubdtAuPtGiln95kuk7ADrSziMGcarLorEC2SX6AlJEWUB0ymp6fB7S2wTh4ycvU0Cc7UrJvIZVvE)Osf7WevuGdyOyLvmq9uHmY(vr0cc0aMlwzfdupviJSFveTGanB2yNer4oRTv7OagkgteZ(XLODkZ7jQCP5m2ZmX(hWqG4DbvLRgeeF1bq(XE4R5ePBaZ7INN)de)GpK)ho)y)kR9FZB)Q11qqFgHQ95aXnWLjHJ(XC)Aor6M3GGQRYdQEOQp)hEoo)mjCCmwbflcCSoTqdCmIsfllWzZMnBmCGJvwXa1tfYi7xfrliqJ54wTpXEkPdp6HiXYzfS1nGLT4dOQnAhqZpgXU2SXiiGHgH4ZMa

And I made a quick and dirty aura which flashes up for one second when your HST is off coodlown:

dSsnbaGlrYCPQA2qDBPStPAVODty)IOrrvXWGWVPYGfHHRkNIQWXiLZjkTqQswkvPwojpuu8uLLrvPNRstuKAQumzjMUWZGKRtKTsv0MvrTDvyAIQVtuzKev9zv1LbNKO8yi6AQiNhsDAk9xs1HL0uJgolNmraQZvKGFziDIRFzDp13dQkDe5CxoFtHifkUgxHRqdNc(wNWG(bCwKobh2vl0WPCyGgUMeoS0WGbdoBHt(z0ZKwpn0CCsIqz)Fqrd39byCV2a2pHkBodUqz)FqrdxG(bCWbicUIKQgwNGtJdoarWLX5WfNCIKj8gQf0jt4ZEag7bN0f0VpaJ71gqV4KeWbicUW2Gc39byCV2a2pHkBodoHuZOS)pOUSRXG7GDTCnemib

The trick is to select the trigger type "Event" and select the Event type "Cooldown Ready (Spell)". You can set the duration and spell name below that.

I personally prefer auras which show permanently when I have them off cooldown, and show a timer when they are on cooldown. You can see the kind I use in this picture. Here's a string for my version of a HST aura:

dOdseaGEss1UaiBtk1mLc1CHunBHUja8nGYTPu7eK9I2nv2VKKFkjAysr)MuNMQgQKudwky4qCqaQtjj4yuY5GQwij1NvyXav1Yf8qa0tvTma1Zv61avzQumzPA6IUijP8xi5zKW1LyJqLghOAZGY2bKtkj0xjjX0GY3jjgjqLltmAs04HkUejjDliLRjPoVuYJbYHv0OKczArd)KgM8lpWaQjGuWBZ3570WJtLWGTssCBJvBvBbwBl84BBbVUnHHgggFRkHbBLK4Ig86My4HJHPqb8AGXSAtyOHvZhKHx7mTqe(rqxq4xjcRAT3L8QR0yQeanw1W1Wl4GmDDPtWN3vSnb)yiHLqw8(op4UHpQNDA4d6OqdVDjMEAyYKjtEq0qilA4dYWRDMwicVhK2X7k2MGFmKWsil(jO0RDln8Bodjn8RU46OaPC6CsKhaZnLa)QlUoFfDPeGnbjOd4Ex7w0vfzcEaUeMl6vRvrcaUeMlaKUFI(1fxFrhrP2jaspg8DnQvxCDQMjtEFNhC3urqAhFg8JHeOHpBHi8BoZYYxwbL3bKewHQ5fGexYdqTo21Q4QQHQd6rq2TQgA0rKySc8lIeJqtBHq1kWJXxwb1IiXi00wOA(YkOkoFs18fNaK4s(zj18GkBQTrP03f(0BlDM8Q47PscbVMxP4hktcbVMV4YGFmKan8lIeJqtBHq1kWJXKpQNDA4d6OqdVDjMEAyYKVScQfrar18lIaIg(17grHqkyYKpfCsaQJ6anecJqnzYKqatdpmTlVx1fczbNV7xK4SLrWj5vve(Ild(Xqc0WVismcnTfcvRapgt(Gm8ANPfIWNcojFg8JHeOHpBHi8BoZYYlajUKhGADSRvXvvdvh0JGSBvn0OJiXyf4lRGArKyeAAlunFXjajUKFwsnFzfufNpPA(frIrOPTqOAf4X4bv2uBJsPVl8P3w6m5vX3tLexS2G1ubE81wywyWH3gJWqddmExX2e8JHewczXRu8dLjXTUjynbdyGTWSQTWdhmGjm0WGZh1Zon8bDuOH3UetpnmzYxwb1IiGOA(frard)6DJOqifmzY778G7gJ3wcmzYdeHSWSAYKe

It's a group of two auras: one is the HST icon when the spell is ready, and the other is a timer triggered by the cooldown but with "Invert" ticked so it shows when the spell is on cooldown.

Does that help? smile.png

EDIT:

Also, here is a picture of my current UI in action. I took it because I was proud of doing 300k HPS on Norushen Heroic, hoping I ranked! :D But it shows the timers in action. The left hand side timers are for cooldowns like Ascendance, etc.

WoWScrnShot_010914_211324.jpg

• Like 1

It's just amazing. I'll try this now in LFR and tomorrow on Sha HM

The trick is to select the trigger type "Event" and select the Event type "Cooldown Ready (Spell)". You can set the duration and spell name below that.

I did exactly this. It worked at first and then something messed up. Good to know i did it right.

Edited by Trollsha

It's just amazing. I'll try this now in LFR and tomorrow on Sha HM

I did exactly this. It worked at first and then something messed up. Good to know i did it right.

Odd. Are you using Weak Auras 2?

Just killed it using the same basic tactic as before, just with more skill. I'll post a breakdown of my healing on it later if you like :)

Hi Trollsha,

Sha in heroic doesn't cater Resto Shamans' specialties in particular, which is why we have to work twice as hard on this fight.

I would encourage you to choose a strategy of loosely stack behind the boss instead of all spread out like in 25m because it will be easier for you to heal.

Consider using Glyph of Riptide to make sure everyone has a tick on them, and re apply it in times of movement.

Consider Glyph of Spiritwalker's Grace if it works for you to give you extra movement options, and glyph of Chain Heal to allow you to cover more ground with your heals.

I would suggest separating the  Healing Tide Totem from Spirit Link Totem, it provides better hps, spread the cds even further and gives me two cds instead of one, especially since on Sha SLT is less effective. 

Another tip would be to dispel before swelling pride even if you don't have Gift of the Titans (if your pride allows it) because the double hit is harsh.

We killed it yesterday. Finally.

After i took a log from our 18 wipes and wrote one by one the causes of early deaths.

So we improved the focusing on Corrupted Fragment (5 deaths), forced people to learn what to do with Projection on Swelling Pride (5 deaths) and decided to dispell every Mark of Arrogance 2-3 sec. before Prison or Swelling Pride incoming (6 dearth when they come along with the Mark).

Log from kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-91yxhphbqxr70fz3/dashboard/?s=7242&e=7708

Stoove, we tried to stay together in the first try to benefit form my Healing Rain, but it did not work for us. HPS was higher (a little), but the damage too (a lot). So we allowed people "to wander", but to come back for Prison and Self-Reflections. And we changed the position from standart (near the axe, the prison from left side) to another, where the prison is from right, so you need only 1 sec. to reach the both of its buttons. The healers closed first two Rifts, and everybody tried to close the Rifts after Self-Reflections or Swelling Pride, when you have 10-20 sec. without damage spikes. And i dispelled aggressively as you can see in logs.

It worked for us smile.png No Healing Rain smile.png

P.S. and i reforged back to haste from crit. Crit is definitely not my style of healing...

Edited by Trollsha

bit late to the party, but I'll dump this here. A resto shaman guide to Sha heroic I made a few months ago.

// Zetian

We killed it yesterday. Finally.

After i took a log from our 18 wipes and wrote one by one the causes of early deaths.

So we improved the focusing on Corrupted Fragment (5 deaths), forced people to learn what to do with Projection on Swelling Pride (5 deaths) and decided to dispell every Mark of Arrogance 2-3 sec. before Prison or Swelling Pride incoming (6 dearth when they come along with the Mark).

Log from kill: http://www.worldoflogs.com/reports/rt-91yxhphbqxr70fz3/dashboard/?s=7242&e=7708

Congratulations! I think that this will have made all the difference :)

P.S. and i reforged back to haste from crit. Crit is definitely not my style of healing...

Yeah, it's not for everyone and especially for your tactic on Sha I imagine Haste would be better. I still think it's strange that you didn't find the grouping tactic helpful, but I suppose different guilds do different things well. :)