FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

LoN Singularity Necromancer

On 5/18/2019 at 1:20 PM, Guest Kalyissa said:

Why are you using 

when you are not using command skel?

Direct quote from the guide:

We list Bone Ringer Bone Ringer as a base recommendation simply due to its base Crit Chance roll, making the item easier to perfect.

Any offhand with good stats will do.

Some notes:

1) In the Skill page it is written: "Your main damage-dealing skill is Skeletal Mage, greatly empowered by synergistic items such as Scythe of the Cycle, Circle of Nailuj's Evol and Razeth's Volition". However, Circle of Nailuj's Evol is used only for S17 Seasonal character, since wearing the LoN set leaves no room for it. Maybe this should be stated explicitly in the guide, or not?

2) In the Gear page it is written: "In the stats of the rings, try to obtain a combination of high Intelligence, Increased Attack Speed, Cooldown Reduction and—ideally—Thorns damage in the secondary stats". This is probably a refuse of a cut&paste process, since in the table the recommended stats for the rings are different (and, of course, without thorns!).

3) Tasker and Theo shoul have Intelligence among its stat priorities (which should be at least better than the recommended Vitality...).

4) The Witching Hour cannot roll Critical Hit Chance: maybe that stat priority should be replaced by IAS?

Guest speed run build

replace blood is power /w orb speed passive and cube in-geom. boom done

Guest speed run build

**also replace simulacrum with something. probably blood spikes just for convenience.

On 5/28/2019 at 9:01 PM, Guest speed run build said:

replace blood is power /w orb speed passive and cube in-geom. boom done

I dunno about that.  Cube In-geom, yes.  I'd prolly swap CoE/Zei's/Witching Hour for Avarice/Hoarder/Goldwrap because the damage is still total overkill and it's a very squishy build.  With that added tankiness you can drop Final Service for Fueled by Death passive.  Swap rune on Bone Armor to Harvester, and Lost Time becomes BiS offhand for run speed.  Blood Rush rune to metabolism for any downtime on In-geom.  Perfect T16 speed build.

Edited by DeadOfKnight

Guest BobMajob

Wondering why the push for Shadowhook in the cube over just doubling down and cubing a second Scythe of the Cycle? Still fairly new and this is my first true pushing character and figuring I'm missing something in the math.

15 hours ago, Guest BobMajob said:

Wondering why the push for Shadowhook in the cube over just doubling down and cubing a second Scythe of the Cycle? Still fairly new and this is my first true pushing character and figuring I'm missing something in the math.

You cannot have the same legendary power in the cube and in your equipment. If you equip the same item that is cubed, the cubed one simply stops working. 

Guest splurge
On 5/28/2019 at 7:03 PM, Guest speed run build said:

**also replace simulacrum with something. probably blood spikes just for convenience.

awful advice, i bet u never get past gr 70s 

Guest BadFeungShui

Simulacrum with Reservoir while the Shadowhook is either equipped or in the cube functionally doubles the Essence bonus, and it has you dropping four Skeleton Mages with Singularity at max damage bonus in a single button press.
The only change I'd make is to swap Bone Armor and the associated gear out for Siphon Blood with the Blood Sucker rune, for gathering up those health orbs faster and without the potential risk of running through lethal damage zones to reach them.

Guest nasticanasta

This build is the worst.... absolute crap... can't do anything...fact is every one of the builds here I have tried and they all suck.

Guest nasticanasta
On 2/8/2020 at 1:10 PM, Guest Burgu67 said:

I tried this build but its way too easy to die. Do not recomend it

I agree...I tried all these necro builds..they are awful.

Guest sherm71tank

The build isn't easy to play for some but give it some time and learn it and it's super fun.  I'm weating the circle and sentence rings and cubed squirts, shadowhook and reaver.  I'm running 110 gr's in well under 5 minutes.  It's a great build for leveling gems once you figure it out.

On 8/16/2020 at 6:47 PM, ZombieFrog said:

Why is Simulacrum listed as a primary skill when only Bone Spikes, Grim Scythe and Siphon Blood are valid options???

Turn on "Elective Mode" in the options, and you'll be able to plug any skill into any slot.

Guest Pegasuazle

Haunted Visions does not function the same way anymore, and is much less useful. With Haunted Visions new effect Simulacrums will not cast Skeletal Mage, so you're only the maximum essence boost for a 1%/s life drain.

But then, it doesn't look like any of the Necromancer builds on here have been updated for season 21....

On 8/22/2020 at 1:14 AM, Guest Pegasuazle said:

Haunted Visions does not function the same way anymore, and is much less useful. With Haunted Visions new effect Simulacrums will not cast Skeletal Mage, so you're only the maximum essence boost for a 1%/s life drain.

But then, it doesn't look like any of the Necromancer builds on here have been updated for season 21....

They very much are updated for S21 ? You will notice Haunted Visions can cast Grim Scythe instead of Skeletal Mage, but that is entirely decided by your build. It was added as an option by the developers in this patch to enhance the capabilities of generator Necromancer builds. It still works for Skeletal Mage duplication from the Simulacrums.

This build IS moderately squishy... even by high-end caster build standards... I'm still 3 Ancients/Primals from full on it but... it's hard to think that 6% additional DR is going to make a monumental difference.

*EDIT* It is worth noting, this is very much a "sit back and let your minions do the killing" kind of build. You simply do not have the toughness to be in close with enemies at higher GRs with this. I tend to start high GRs with a Land of the Dead cast, to freeze everything in place and allow free build up of my Bone Armor, plus get a full stack of maxed archers blasting away.

Once you have that, it's a simple matter of moving forward through each area of the Rift, triggering the next dozen to 2 dozen bad guys, re-upping your Mage Archers, and getting back behind them. Avoid incoming missile/magic fire, then scoot forward, munch up the corpses and health globes that drop, rinse, lather, repeat.

Doing this, and keeping your gems/Caldeann's up to level, and you get 5-6 minute walkthroughs on 90s rifts, scaling longer as you go up from there.*END EDIT*

I find the curse to be a bit of a time waster, especially as I don't use Dayntee's Binding (nothing stays alive long enough while cursed for the belt's DR to even figure - my belt is Cord of the Sherma, as the blinding field renders anything in it 100% damage reduction - they don't attack at all). Replaced the curse with Bone Spirit/Unfinished Business, as the AOE cold burst scales with the various cold skills/buffs in the build (I have a Primal Andariel's Visage for the helmet, so auto +20% cold damage). Given that Bone Spirit's recharge time is reduced by 1 sec for each corpse consumed, and this build literally Hoovers up corpses like MegaMaid from Spaceballs... you essentially have instant Bone Spirits.

The overwhelming <boop>hurt of this build is trying to NOT be at full Essence to get the DR from the shoulders... I have literally stood there and spammed Mage over and over in a room, and with so many corpses, spawning health globes, add'l essence from Reaper's Wraps from globes... it really makes me wish I could have more than 10 mages!!!

As for the aforementioned Reaper's Wraps... I do wonder if their essence generation from health globes is overkill, given that Requiem (if well rolled) doubles your essence gain already. Given this build's global cold effects (increased by my swapping to Bone Spirit), I wonder if Ancient Parthan Defenders would be a more viable bracer to use - as the freeze from Frostburn would trigger the 'stun' defense proc on APD.

*EDIT* - In further playtesting... too much essence > not enough essence. Keep the Reaper's, but I switched off of the Life From Death passive to Dark Reaping - 2% essence per kill is more manageable than a battlefield full of 25-30% essence health globes.

Switching to Bone Spirit also opens up the use of Defiler Cuisses instead of the WD specific pants.

Edited by Sableflame
Added play style notes

On 1/23/2020 at 12:07 AM, Guest BadFeungShui said:

The only change I'd make is to swap Bone Armor

... um, you realize Scythe of the Cycle's damage boost only triggers when you have Bone Armor up, right?

Taking that off rather epicly nerfs your damage dealing capability.

I seem to have missed a comment here, but Sable made the point for me. Scythe of the Cycle is indeed dependent on an actively running Bone Armor, which it depletes.

On 9/24/2020 at 4:38 AM, Deadset said:

but Sable made the point for me.

My replies do tend to be more "Barbarian cudgel to the skull with subtext written in blood on a human skin scroll" rather than your more elegant manner of repartee...

But we work with the tools the RNG Gods drop for us, right? ?

• Like 1

Guest Katrina

Question swamp pants vs hexing pants and would swapping out convention of element and equip krisbin to slot squirts necklace in cube

Basically asking squirts vs convention and swamp pants vs hexing pants

2 hours ago, Guest Katrina said:

Question swamp pants vs hexing pants and would swapping out convention of element and equip krisbin to slot squirts necklace in cube

Basically asking squirts vs convention and swamp pants vs hexing pants

I'm sure the mods will weigh in on this one, but here's the layman's go:

Pants - if you're someone like me who uses the devour aura rune, you're basically always moving, which makes the damage bonus of Yan's pants look intriguing. This build already has hilarious resource generation (to the point where I'm looking for an Ancient Aquila Cuirass to test out if that is viable in place of the Requiem Cereplate). The flat damage increase may seem more tentatively useful than the rolled percentage on the Waders, but - it is wholly contingent on your continued motion... which, if you can play ADHD like that, good on you. The Waders may have a slightly lower effect, but it is constant. A untimely 45% drop in damage from accidentally standing still when you cast your next batch of Archer Mages could be catastrophic.

CoE/Squirt's/etc - Point blank, no. This (as most caster builds) is simply too squishy to even consider eating a 50% damage taken increase. At higher GRs, even the most mundane hit will one shot you with this active. The locals know my feelings on CoE (I find it too attention intensive to manage whilst dodging the world of things thrown at you), so my current setup uses Evol/Krysbin's in hand and Unity in the cube and on an immortal follower for the extra 50% DR.