FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Valks

LoN Blessed Shield Crusader

On 5/28/2019 at 7:12 AM, Bigfoot said:

The build lists a Witch Doctor Pant: Swamp Land WadersSwamp Land Waders .. What is a more appropriate one?

Since Blessed Shield is not a primary skill, Depth Diggers is not an option. Other Pants give close to Nothing in terms of damage. These pants however, have the unique property of being able to roll Elemental damage % in its primaries, making it superior to any Pants. 

TL;DR Nothing. 

Guest Cheve

Just wondering, would be zodiac ring + blessed hammer instead of provoke a way to have faster akarath?

Guest Raw Stone

It looks like the 2nd gem slot in the guide: "Pain Enhancer", should be "Gogok of Swiftness" based on the description after it and the general efficiency of the attack speed since you have no resource usage.

Guest changes

I did some changes. Since the build uses towering shield anyways I go with Shield Glare - Divine Verdict. I can basically spam it and it affects bigger group of enemies than the taunt, the downside is it is casted in a cone, as an opposite to taunt which is casted in all directions around you.

I also dropped indesctrutible and go with vigilant or hold your ground, depending if I have the justice lantern equipped. Indesctrutible is somewhat useless imho if you play sf, you already have akkarat's champion, I think it's better to invest in more toughness.

I like LoN builds, they offer so much space to adapt them to your gameplay.

Heyo all, I created an account just to comment on this.. I have LOD with 11 pieces ancient or better.. It isn't 100% optimal as I don't have mage fist , pauldrons or the pants ancient yet so I'm using standins that are primals/other ancients..

I'm having issues with being ultra squishy.. I have Akkahns + Crimson captain set as my main build and it feels WAY tankier. I'm able to run up to GR 100 at the moment with the build.

but I'm trying to figure out the damage reduction and it should be same or better on an LOD build right? Unity 50%, Cruirass 50%, Lantern 20%, LOD 44% - that is how much damage reduction I have,  so 69million idle toughness, and 137mill with Akarats champion active.. (lots of hidden stats not be represented right? missing unity and LOD)

However Akkans set + crimson - idle toughness 49mill - and when Akarats champ is active 409million! I know LOD doesn't get represented on the paper doll but that would still only mean a toughness of roughly half my Akk+crim set.. and it shows big time in combat. Also note this build doesn't have unity! 

and of course not to mention that the cooldown on the set build is insanely superior.. What else is interesting is the LOD setup is only slightly better in damage... maybe I'm missing something here? I know i'm out 40% damage (mage fist and pants) so maybe thats it?

Guest finglor
On 9/23/2019 at 2:50 AM, Mazgazine said:

Heyo all, I created an account just to comment on this.. I have LOD with 11 pieces ancient or better.. It isn't 100% optimal as I don't have mage fist , pauldrons or the pants ancient yet so I'm using standins that are primals/other ancients..

I'm having issues with being ultra squishy.. I have Akkahns + Crimson captain set as my main build and it feels WAY tankier. I'm able to run up to GR 100 at the moment with the build.

but I'm trying to figure out the damage reduction and it should be same or better on an LOD build right? Unity 50%, Cruirass 50%, Lantern 20%, LOD 44% - that is how much damage reduction I have,  so 69million idle toughness, and 137mill with Akarats champion active.. (lots of hidden stats not be represented right? missing unity and LOD)

However Akkans set + crimson - idle toughness 49mill - and when Akarats champ is active 409million! I know LOD doesn't get represented on the paper doll but that would still only mean a toughness of roughly half my Akk+crim set.. and it shows big time in combat. Also note this build doesn't have unity! 

and of course not to mention that the cooldown on the set build is insanely superior.. What else is interesting is the LOD setup is only slightly better in damage... maybe I'm missing something here? I know i'm out 40% damage (mage fist and pants) so maybe thats it?

Yeah I noticed this too, I was playing condemn akhhan so 100% uptime. I think one source of damage mitigation you forgot is from crimson resource cost reduction. You have around 28% but when you pop laws of valor unstoppable you get  another 50%+. Still lod blessed shield feels squisher than akkhans which is weird.

Akkhan

+150% armor all times.

50% reduction from 6 piece akkhan

78% from crimson resource cost reduction (28% + 50% when laws of valor is active)

Lod Blessed Shield

+150% armor up time only ~50%
50% unity

50% aquilla

52% all ancient from lod gem

50% x5 armor from stone gauntlets, only starts working after you get hit.

Guest Ray141

Many thanks for this LoD blessed shield build Deadset. I've used your build but with some significant changes:

1) I use holy, not fire - I have tried fire but found that I can get through higher rifts using holy. Plus, with Holy Cause, I rarely die.

2) The Stone Gauntlets/Ice Climbers combination makes Iron Skin, Indestructible and Prophet redundant - as long as you include St Archew's Gage to give you protection until the 5 stacks of Gauntlets kick in. The downside is that Illusory Boots can't be used, but I've never found this to be a problem.

3) I use Steed Charge/Endurance, instead of Iron Skin, to escape dead-ends and quickly move through rifts. It's also a substitute for Illusory Boots and, on rare occasions when I'm unable to escape from a crowd, I use the Bottomless Potion of Chaos.

4) I also use BoT instead of PE. BoT was the original recommendation from Deadset but this was changed to PE recently. I tried PE but found that BoT still works better - perhaps it is because I use holy instead of fire?

5) Instead of the Prophet rune, I use Hasteful for the extra attack speed.

6) As Deadset has mentioned, the Hellfire Amulet is a viable alternative to Flavor of Time and this is particularly true for my holy build as all the passives Finery, Holy Cause, Towering Shield, Hold Your Ground and Fervor can be used. 

My build is https://www.d3planner.com/504738094 and I'd be very grateful for any suggestions on improving on this.

I'm currently able to push GR115s using this build, but I replace the Stricken gem with Bane of the Powerful for GR110 and lower. Also, I've not come across a mention of Gloves of Worship - this is the best item to have in your Cube for everything else apart from GRs.

Guest Tehpoon

Hey.

I'm trying to male a grp setup og this build. But i am not sure what ring to cube, or in season 20 what item to use instead og unity, any ideas?

9 hours ago, Guest Tehpoon said:

Hey.

I'm trying to male a grp setup og this build. But i am not sure what ring to cube, or in season 20 what item to use instead og unity, any ideas?

Season 20:I think you can cube a furnace, a big damage boost against elite enemies. 

Non season: you can cube CoE and wear a fire rolled Stone of Jordan for big bonus damage. 

Guest Tehpoon
14 hours ago, Yolo said:

Season 20:I think you can cube a furnace, a big damage boost against elite enemies. 

Non season: you can cube CoE and wear a fire rolled Stone of Jordan for big bonus damage. 

Thanks for that, that was a great idea with the furnace??

Ive been trying this build in the current 21 season, i can get to gr 102 but i have a big big problem with gr bosses, i cant kill em fast enough, fights take forever, im using your gear recommendations to the letter with the proper attunements, i wonder why you recommend this build as high tier since i cant kill gr guardians at gr level 103 or higher without augments?, i only have one in my wrists, also i only need one more ancient (my coe ring is only legendary) to get the 13 ancients gear pieces, any idea how to take care of the problem with the gr bosses high hit point pool? im using the lod, bos and pe gems, they are at level 100 each. I play in the ps4 so i cant show you my build like the pc users, but really, its pretty much all the stuff you said to wear and skills to use.

18 hours ago, HeraclesFist said:

Ive been trying this build in the current 21 season, i can get to gr 102 but i have a big big problem with gr bosses, i cant kill em fast enough, fights take forever, im using your gear recommendations to the letter with the proper attunements, i wonder why you recommend this build as high tier since i cant kill gr guardians at gr level 103 or higher without augments?, i only have one in my wrists, also i only need one more ancient (my coe ring is only legendary) to get the 13 ancients gear pieces, any idea how to take care of the problem with the gr bosses high hit point pool? im using the lod, bos and pe gems, they are at level 100 each. I play in the ps4 so i cant show you my build like the pc users, but really, its pretty much all the stuff you said to wear and skills to use.

Can you try take a picture of your setup or something like that? We can't really help without seeing what you have/don't have.

On 7/21/2020 at 8:21 PM, HeraclesFist said:

I play on PS4 too. I find this to be one of nicest builds to play. I can easily clear grift 103 solo without augments. (Currently lvl 960 paragon)

I don't have optimal gear, using hammer jammers, cord of sherma and death watch mantle.  My FoT is not ancient. 

Biggest help for me is my follower, I use a enchantress equiped with ess of johan. She creates compact groups which are easy to kill. Also I use stead charge to go from large pack to large pack. 

Edited by EindBaas
Described wrong gear

Any other recommendations regarding group play? I usually play with a friend and I changed the following, bane of the trapped instead of bane of the stricken.

Cord of the sherma and flavor of time in Cube. That way you have extra crowd control and you are free to wear any other necklace with any desired effect or with standard elemental dmg.

And for season 22 added mage fist to the cube an other 20% fire boost.

Any other ideas or recommendations? 

10 hours ago, EindBaas said:

Any other recommendations regarding group play? I usually play with a friend and I changed the following, bane of the trapped instead of bane of the stricken.

Cord of the sherma and flavor of time in Cube. That way you have extra crowd control and you are free to wear any other necklace with any desired effect or with standard elemental dmg.

And for season 22 added mage fist to the cube an other 20% fire boost.

Any other ideas or recommendations? 

What character is your friend playing? That's also an important factor to figure when you're deciding synergies. 

You could, for example, easily alter Laws of Valor - Critical to Laws of Hope - Wings of Angels to grant a very valuable speed buff and freedom of movement to the entire party. This will allow you to alter Illusory Boots from the setup, potentially getting another valuable cube power in the Armor slot.

Make sure one of you keeps Stricken for higher end pushes, if you end up doing those.

We usually play around a bit with several builds/characters. However we try to stick to 1 trash killer and 1 rgk (+elites). This season we run with lod blessed shield and frenzy barb. Or frenzy barb with god dh.

A single target-oriented Barb would do great with a mobility buff like Wings of Angels in that case. Your friend's build is laser-focused on mowing down Elites and Champions, and you could facilitate that by jumping from one pack to the next. Maybe have him run Nemesis Bracers as well, so you get the priority targets more reliably - then you Condemn - Vacuum in some trash in the pull to maximize the damage from your build as well!