FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Joxxer

Conveyor belt woes =(

We overcharge Mines any chance we get.  Mind you, 5 of our 10 have beaten Heroic Siege before...just being in a new guild with new assignments, we're ok.  15 attempts and we got him to 35% which isn't bad considering both healers had never done it, neither tank had done it, and our melee hadn't done it. 

We NEVER see overcharged Missile until Wave 11.  Mines are very easy to handle with 5 ranged DPS.

We've got 4 ranged dps and 2 melee dps. Our hunter is always on the belt though, with one of the melee alternating. So that leaves us with 3 constant ranged and one melee on the platform (ele shaman, frost mage, destro lock). We could probably handle the mines fairly easily. With our current strat, we're getting the boss to about 45% by wave 5. I'll suggest dealing with some overcharged mines on some attempts on Sunday and see how that goes. Thanks for the feedback.

So thankful for being in a 25 man for blackfuse progress, that fight sounds like aids on 10 man (though I have plans to do 10 man with some old friends at some point between now and WoD).

Tons of AoE for mines, and the boss died before a single missile (overcharged or otherwise) had a chance to touch the platform.

Dunno if it's been mentioned but demo locks can cheese the belt in the same way hunters can. I know demo isn't exactly the best burst and I imagine the belt screws with pets, but if you're able to do the required damage (I am but probably overgear the fight a little at 574) then it makes things a lot simpler given nobody has to rotate for the belts at all. 

Also only relevant if your raid is completely fine without you on the main platform, but something to consider if you have people struggling on belts.

Edited by Oldtrout

We've got 4 ranged dps and 2 melee dps. Our hunter is always on the belt though, with one of the melee alternating. So that leaves us with 3 constant ranged and one melee on the platform (ele shaman, frost mage, destro lock). We could probably handle the mines fairly easily. With our current strat, we're getting the boss to about 45% by wave 5. I'll suggest dealing with some overcharged mines on some attempts on Sunday and see how that goes. Thanks for the feedback.

Yeah you are fine for mines, Ele Sham/Destro Rape adds, Ring of Frost and Sham Knockback keeps them night and slow.

one warning about the levitate trick: if you are given levitate before you jump into the pipe, sometimes when you drop onto the belt you slowly float one way uncontrollably. that usually means you float off the belt or into a laser. to be safe, get levitated after you land on the belt.