FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Bralanlen

Thunder Forge Help (Please!!!)

I don't mean this offensively, but I recall doing this while half asleep in ToT gear without any troubles at all. I used mirror images and my water elemental, put Nether Tempest on things, and used cold snap when I took damage. I'd hit blazing speed when I wanted to run away from the amalgamation.

What could possibly be making your heart race? Always be calm in WoW, always. That's what I tell people when we're going for heroic kills, too. A state of panic is horrible for concentration. Cleanse yourself of any emotion or reactionary thinking.

Or is it a gear thing? Or is it because you're trying to do it as arcane? 540 arcane with no tier pieces doing a solo scenario sounds like a very bad idea to me. I heard it was a challenge for arcane mages, but the frost mages I know knocked it out like first try.

I have as I have listed above serious health issues diabetes high blood pressure poor kidney function leading to angina and I have tried it in frost spec over 20 times

You obviously are a considerably better player, I have attempted it only once as arcane.

I don't see how I could be better, I didn't use any "skill" to accomplish it. I've had to use a lot of skill and thought for certain solo bossfights in old content.

Also I just realized you're not the OP, sorry about that I made some assumptions based off the armory of the OP. I need to read full names rather than stop at the first letter, hehe.

I'm sorry to hear about your health issues, but that makes me think even more strongly that you need to be calm while you do it. Panic and stress are triggering all sorts of misfires in your brain, causing apprehension, self-doubt, and bad stuff. Try breathing deeply, sitting relaxed, in comfortable clothes. None of your health issues should have any bearing on the success of this. You're only a worse player than I am if you believe that to be true. Don't believe it. Convince yourself that you're just as good, because there's no reason in the world why some random dude can push a button faster than you do.

Be confident, feel empowered. If your heart beats faster than normal then that's a slippery slope to your mind thinking it's already lost. You can't recover if you don't control yourself.

Panic is failure.

You misunderstood me by saying you were better, I meant more intuitive, know the mechanics of what to do and when, I am slow of thought slow to act, again possibly die to health issues, and panic, is what happens when your brain locks up , and you try everything.

My account expires 27 April, if I cannot beat this I will not be back even in the next expansion, thats why I describe this as a game breaker, no matter which tactic I follow I cannot do it, but I will keep trying until game time runs out.

Edited by Beldurnik

So you'll just let yourself get defeated?

You came to a forum to ask for help, and you clearly care about this. Don't give up.

I know it sounds silly but try what I suggest... there must be a reason. None of your health issues cause reduced motor function and the encounter doesn't require advanced motor function, either.

There must just be something simple you're not quite doing, or it's your own mental block. My bet is still firmly placed on panic. I've raid led for years and have seen this happen more than anything.

-Take cold snap, save it for when you accidentally stood in something

-Take temporal shield and bind it to frostbolt for maximum uptime and healing

-Take nether tempest and make it your priority (hit the letter 'v' for health frames to show up on enemies) to put NT on all enemies you see

-Take blazing speed, and when a column of green light appears, hit blazing speed and run over to the green light

-Stand in the green light until full HP

-Don't forget NT!

-Whenever you're not running away, casting NT, and feel you have things under control, pop Time Warp, use a potion, and nuke down the amalgamation

Save iceblock for when you're being melee'd

Save mirror images for when you're being melee'd

After mirror images, your WE will have aggro- so glyph it to increase it's HP. Target and heal it if it gets low, it can tank for you.

I am sorry I do not understand much of what you posted, above I really don't.

Yes I want to beat this but the fact is trying and trying no matter what I do is not working.

I am not intuitive enough to know what to do, and yes you are right the mental block is actually growing every time I go i n to do do it, 

Frustration growing and anxiety every attempt get bigger and bigger.

I am sitting here now reading your comment, and thinking that what you say makes sense to you, but I do not understand any of the cooment, bind what to what.

Maybe time to quit and just un-install, and admit game has me beaten completely.

Literally sitting here after yet another attempt, with my head in my hands in sheer mental exhaustion and frustration.

Edited by Beldurnik

Stop doing attempts. I know it sounds harsh but if you don't understand what this stuff is, we need to help you understand or there honestly is no point in you playing:

-Take cold snap, save it for when you accidentally stood in something

-Take temporal shield and bind it to frostbolt for maximum uptime and healing

-Take nether tempest and make it your priority (hit the letter 'v' for health frames to show up on enemies) to put NT on all enemies you see

-Take blazing speed, and when a column of green light appears, hit blazing speed and run over to the green light

-Stand in the green light until full HP

-Don't forget NT!

-Whenever you're not running away, casting NT, and feel you have things under control, pop Time Warp, use a potion, and nuke down the amalgamation

Save iceblock for when you're being melee'd

Save mirror images for when you're being melee'd

After mirror images, your WE will have aggro- so glyph it to increase it's HP. Target and heal it if it gets low, it can tank for you.

Ok so cut off the emotions and tell me what you don't understand in that list. I will explain it as best I can and we'll go from there.

I want to help you.

I appreciate the attempt to help, but I do not understand any of what you posted, I give up, literally give up. I will close my account here so I do not trouble you any further, this will only get done if I get someone else to do it for me.

Not something I want to do, but I have to put my health first.

Edited by Beldurnik

You're posting here, which means you want to succeed. You want to understand.

However, why do you resist? I've listed bullet points. Pick one.

How familiar are you with our talent trees?

How familiar are you with glyphs?

Would you say you are comfortable with casting frostbolt? When do you use ice lance?

Please don't give up dude!!!!!  It took me ages to do this (and now I'm struggling with the Yu'lon DPS Challenge!!!) but the key is to understand the mechanics of the fight then it's much easier.  A good add-on like TMW, Glyph of Momentum, Blazing Speed, Cold Snap and your own spacial awareness are your best friends in this extremely difficult solo scenario.  I'd recommend really learning to use & master Blazing Speed & blinking while moving sideways or backwards.  When the Sha starts to cast Insanity, get to an Anvil using Blazing Speed - you need to always be aware of the closest charged anvil to you and click it asap.  Engage him from maximum rage, when he starts to cast Shadow Crash, blink away backwards then run back and re-engage.  when he casts Meteor Storm, just move - run around him if you can but you can actually run through the circles AS THEY FORM ON THE FLOOR - you have about two seconds before the damage lands.  While moving during Meteor Storm, cast your NT/LB and ice lance or any procs that you can cast while moving.  As as say, it's really difficult and took me ages, but please don't give up!!!  And remember - it's just a game, not worth your health!!!!  

Edited by Bralanlen

Or is it a gear thing? Or is it because you're trying to do it as arcane? 540 arcane with no tier pieces doing a solo scenario sounds like a very bad idea to me. 

Yes - it's a very bad idea!!!!  Why it took me so long until I learned to play Frost :)