FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
jc2ntice

Resto shaman 10m

I think if I chose one not to 2-heal with, it would be Disc. I just feel that when 2-healing, it's possible to be a bit too absorb heavy. Personal opinion, though. TBH pick someone who has experience and knows their class inside out smile.png

Ah, thanks for the oportunity for an old resto shaman to rant about discipline priests, I really need to get this of my chest... I cannot stand them in 10 player raids. To put it simply: shields are not heals (sorry for the terrible terrible rhyme), and most discipline priests have a hard time giving real HP back to players. Even worse, first the damage is absorbed, which is fine I quess, but then people start dropping, and they drop bad... and as a shaman, or druid, or mistweaver, or holy-something, you are almost entirely on your own in healing players up, since disc usually opt for crit and do 50-70% absorbs through their damage fueled smart heals, which feels like a somewhat half a healer.

Today most disc prefer to just penance-holy fire-smite-smite-smite-penance-etc... the whole mechanic makes a lot of disc priests just plain lazy. And they lack a good raid-wide cooldown, that will save a spread out raid from dying. Maybe they could do well, but almost all priests I've been raiding together with were just badly disguised dps thinking they were heal. And then comes the whining: Oh, shaman is so OP, you have it so easy with HR and HTT and with your gazillion hps... -Well, we don't have much of a choice, don't we?!

*Sigh* I'm sorry... all this is not very productive. Or friendly. This thread just triggered something... I just wished the priests I raid with would play holy, I like holy priests. Or druids. With two healers in a 10 player raid I think I would chose one of those two...

Oh, I just reminded myself of something worse than a discipline priest: another restoration shaman! Always overwriting my ES, and using CDs at the wrong time. I just... I think I better leave now...

if other resto's are clipping your ES just remind them that either ES buffs your healing now, so you can each just pick a tank.

and please try to not hate all disc priests, just hate the ones that you know. the bad ones. that are bad. 

• Like 1

Well yes, bads are bad no matter what spec they use, and when they're playing Disc they are no different.

My comment was more geared towards experience 2-healing Heroic progress. The absorbs are lovely, but the recovery time from a really big hit is gimped (as you accurately described), so it's less easy to compensate for mistakes. That makes all the difference in my opinion, though if I had to pick an ideal team I would have Shaman, Monk or Druid, and Disc Priest. When you 3+ heal it, Disc starts to really make sense :)