FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
nicarlitos

Disc Priest Help

Ok....heres some logs from tonight. 

Sha to Nazgrim only I'm afraid.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/Lmd1HqrJtpG4kTAF

Looks like its made quite a difference.

She says mana is ok, but has taken a bit of getting used too. I would imagine that helps the spell selection/rotation any way.

Thanks for the tips....and any further feedback welcome.

Cheers,

Nic

Three things.

1) ReforgeLite addon will do all your reforging for you instantly, and do it optimally.  This is the most conveniant addon EVER CREATED.

2) Remember that having mana issues is not bad.  Going OOM is bad.  If you go OOM in the last seconds of the fight, you have managed your mana perfectly.

3) Remember to recast Inner Fire after you take a brez.

GL, glad to see she's making improvements. 

Sorry I haven't responded back yet, I went on vacation for a few days only to discover that my raid group has well... fallen apart. <sigh>  Not like I haven't seen this a few times in the past 10 years.  But... it did rid me of that Shamman teehee.

My hopes is that I can reforge like crazy tonight and regem everything, I downloaded Weak Auras2 Ingelas Rapture and Reforge lite, I'm not generally a big addon person just a bag mod and healbot have stuck over the years so I'm excited to test those out.

Gwen, is there a reason you're suggesting Binding over flash? i tend not to keep it on my bars so its a bit of a shock that its now the better spell.  I did notice that I was really doing poorly regarding my procs so that should be fun to relearn mana management.  Also Brutal suggested Desperate Prayer... I don't tend to take a ton of damage so all the save yourself spells are a shocker.

So with all that said, I'm gonna give it a go and let loose on an OQ pug or two tonight... god help them.  Thank you so so much and I'm excited for anything else you wish to pass my way 

Sorry I haven't responded back yet, I went on vacation for a few days only to discover that my raid group has well... fallen apart. <sigh>  Not like I haven't seen this a few times in the past 10 years.  But... it did rid me of that Shamman teehee.

My hopes is that I can reforge like crazy tonight and regem everything, I downloaded Weak Auras2 Ingelas Rapture and Reforge lite, I'm not generally a big addon person just a bag mod and healbot have stuck over the years so I'm excited to test those out.

Gwen, is there a reason you're suggesting Binding over flash? i tend not to keep it on my bars so its a bit of a shock that its now the better spell.  I did notice that I was really doing poorly regarding my procs so that should be fun to relearn mana management.  Also Brutal suggested Desperate Prayer... I don't tend to take a ton of damage so all the save yourself spells are a shocker.

So with all that said, I'm gonna give it a go and let loose on an OQ pug or two tonight... god help them.  Thank you so so much and I'm excited for anything else you wish to pass my way 

Sorry to hear about the team falling apart.  Goodluck on your search though!  Great to hear you're going to forward w/ the addons.  The hardest part is giving them a try for those who normally dont run many outside of boss mods and epeen meters.  

Personally I dont think you should be using either but if there are instances where you are defaulting to muscle memory and Flash Heal is your go to spell, for the extra ~4k mana get a the extra heal/DA on yourself w/ Binding.  If you were a heavy Flash Heal user, I definitely recommend changing to Binding Heal glyph if you cant kick the Flash Heal habit.  Long story short, Flash heal/Binding Heal should be a last resort.

Again, I agree w/ Brutal here on DP.  Especially after Void Swap, DP is a great way to get yourself out of danger.  It also has a 2min CD so you can use it multiple times during a fight, not just the o sh!t moment.  Any time your Lock Cookies are on CD, pop DP when youre not above 65%

No not bad.  I read it as Flash Heal was part of his rotation.  I Glyph Binding Heal on more than half the fights but it should be few and far between when it is used.  Maybe 10 or less a fight.  I just prefer Binding Glyph even in limited uses over.. lets say more range on Holy Fire

Edited by Gwenymph

I wouldn't say that flash heal is on my rotation as I generally attone and my direct heals come from greater or penance on a tank.  I use flash mostly on dps when they are being stupid and my attention should really be on someone else.  I will switch it to binding and see how I like it, I can always switch back right?  I hand't thought about desperate prayer as a no lock rock spell... I love that idea because I do prefer cookies over casting on myself.  

As for raid group I have 3 solid offers to go to heroic groups so it looks like a realm xfer is in my future... <sigh>

Ty for all of this I will keep you posted on how it goes

• Like 1

Hi guys me again.  I'm playing around with AMR and I've adjusted my weights but I'm not sure if they are correct. I looked at a ton of forum posts on customizing them but there was a ton more complaining than there was helpful insight, or maybe my brain just doesn't want to grasp what people are saying.  I attempted to see your custom weights but, apparently thats linked to your account and not just out there for the rest of us to 'steal.'  Do any of you use AMR? Could I possibly see your weights?

Regem in process but the AH on my server is so crappy I may have to wait for my server xfer to buy all of them.

TY all so much again, so far the changes are just massive but its hard to really tell in a flex.

Happy Friday!

Katt