FORUMS
positiv2

Deathwing

Guest VKyras

After reading the page on Deathwing talents, I noticed some errors.

For the talents at level 1, Dragon Soul doesn't work with Molten Flame, it works with Incinerate and Lava Burst, but not with Molten Flame.

For the talents at level 7, Skyfall doesn't lower the cooldown of Dragonflight, it lower the cooldown of your landing, that is the 8 seconds cooldown for landing when you use Dragonflight. You could also mention the fact that you can delay an objective while in flight with this talent.

For the talents at level 20, Stood in the fire doesn't reduce the cooldown of Cataclysm by 50%, it increase the duration of the scorched ground by 50%.

Dragon Soul Icon Dragon Soul's Protected status is too short to make it relevant. Furthermore, due to the fact that Deathwing cannot manually choose when the effect activates, the talent becomes quite unpredictable.

I think you guys meant Draconic MightDraconic Might here. On his Level 1 Talent descriptions.

Kendric did you replace Oxygen as the lead HotS guide writer for Icy Veins? While I loved his guides, I find your writing to be just as in depth and there is almost a seamless transition from writer to writer, so great job!

On 12/5/2019 at 6:19 AM, TyZone said:

Kendric did you replace Oxygen as the lead HotS guide writer for Icy Veins? While I loved his guides, I find your writing to be just as in depth and there is almost a seamless transition from writer to writer, so great job!

Hey TyZone! 

Thanks for the flowers, first of all. Means a lot to us! We don't have a "lead writer" per se, we usually communicate internally as to which guide wants to be taken by which writer. 🙂

• Like 1

3 hours ago, KendricSwissh said:

Hey TyZone! 

Thanks for the flowers, first of all. Means a lot to us! We don't have a "lead writer" per se, we usually communicate internally as to which guide wants to be taken by which writer. 🙂

I absolutely loved this line by the way: "As a Deathwing player, it is important to remember that you are the architect of your own fortune."

Edited by Valhalen
  • Like 1

I am using 3 build so far on Deathwing, depending on the map and the opposing team. AA build against multiple frontliners and not much burst on the enemy yeam; Q build if I am scared of going in, my team has good CC and small choke points; and a balanced E&W build otherwise, because its the most versatile and allows me to contribute either at range or dropping in the very middle of a team fight.

Guest Wolfheart

I would like to point out that Stood in the FireStood in the Fire's description within talent section still mentiones cooldown reduction of CataclysmCataclysm instead of adding Slow and increasing it's duration.

On 12/12/2019 at 9:38 AM, Guest Wolfheart said:

I would like to point out that Stood in the FireStood in the Fire's description within talent section still mentiones cooldown reduction of CataclysmCataclysm instead of adding Slow and increasing it's duration.

Fixed, thanks for highlighting this. 

I would recommend taking a look at this Destroyer Build, it has ludicrous self sustain and teamfighting ability. I've finished multiple games in under 15 minutes with 75k+ hero damage. I expect it to get nerfed and his worldbreaker abilities buffed. 

Guest Whiteghost

I think heatwave is a viable talent because of the constant dmg you deal around you and your huge hitbox also helps while you wreck the enemy's backline. Also very good against a melee comp

Guest LethalMagic

Gul’Dan might be another good counter for Deathwing. 

Using Corrupt build, given DW’s size, it’s very easy to stack corruption like crazy on DW and late game can take majority of his health with 1 good positioned Corruption. 

5 hours ago, Guest LethalMagic said:

Gul’Dan might be another good counter for Deathwing. 

Using Corrupt build, given DW’s size, it’s very easy to stack corruption like crazy on DW and late game can take majority of his health with 1 good positioned Corruption. 

Certainly! I've been running compositions to counter Deathwing on Quick Match, and they always include Gul'dan.

Our most succesful one is Imperius, Blaze/ETC, Greymane, Gul'dan and Ana.

Guest WK-HotS
On 12/19/2019 at 12:16 PM, Guest Whiteghost said:

I think heatwave is a viable talent because of the constant dmg you deal around you and your huge hitbox also helps while you wreck the enemy's backline. Also very good against a melee comp

I would in general not recommend picking Infernus unless the rest of the team was going for a AoE CC + Nuke setup. The damage from the Heat Wave aura you get in Destroyer form will in general outperform what you get from Infernus even against ranged comps, and Heat Wave will also make you a less desirable target to engage for opposing melee.

On the other hand, Infernus requires constant energy management and you will often not be able to get it to trigger multiple times in a team fight unless you restrict yourself to AAs or pick Wicked Inferno.

Heat Wave also helps with lane clear in a far more energy efficient manner if enemy heroes are present.

My recommendation for Level 4 talents after 100 or so DW games would be:

Infernus - Do not pick unless the rest of the team supports a Molten Breath build.

Heat Wave - Default pick.

Dragon's Ire - Solid alternative to Heat Wave if you don't think you can reliably hit with Incinerate or if you expect to spend most of your time in World Breaker form.

Overall, the talent guide feels like it was written by someone enamoured with the idea of Molten Breath and little practical gameplay experience with the dragon himself. But Molten Breath only really works (as a damage ability) if the enemy team is locked down or can't figure out "Fire=pain. Lots of fire=lots of pain". Picking your talents in the hope that your opponents are stupid is not a winning move.

That being said, the only other talent recommendations I really disagree with are Skyfall and Ruination both of which I would downgrade to a question mark. They're not bad talents and they have situations where they are the best pick, but in my experience they're just not as good as the others of their respective tiers for the majority of games.

For level 7, Firestorm means higher global mobility along with having Dragonflight ready whenever you need it while Death Drop + Heat Wave can help set up a team wipe if your own team is on point. Skyfall on the third claw reduces the delay before you can land and lets you interrupt visible channeled objectives, which is not what you need in most games (not even on ToD or CH).

For level 13, Wicked Inferno makes Molten Breath usable, even if you didn't pick Infernus. You'll often need to start and stop to either retarget or to reposition, so the energy discount + return helps out a lot. Fire and Fury is more damage that synergizes extremely well with Draconic Might and Gaze Onto Destruction. Ruination is mostly useful for it's effect on Earth Shatter, which means you needed to go a more zoning/CC route than damage because the rest of your team didn't bring any CC.

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan
      Wonder Billie and Lucky Red Envelope remain on sale this week with a new set of Heroes available for 375 Gems each.
      Hero Sales
      Heroes Old Price New Price Garrosh 750 Gems 375 Gems The Lost Vikings 750 Gems 375 Gems Zul'jin 750 Gems 375 Gems Mounts
      Wonder Billie costs 12,000 Gold.

Lucky Red Envelope is available for 10,000 Gold.

Latest Heroes of the Storm News
      Balance Update Patch Notes: January 22nd Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: January 28th The Listening Game Podcast Interview with Senior Designer Kyle Dates Weekly Brawl: Lost Cavern - January 24th 2019 Year in Review
    • By Stan
      The free Hero rotation has been updated for the week of January 28.
      Free-to-Play Hero Rotation (Week of January 28)
      Abathur Anub'arak Artanis ETC Gul'dan Hanzo Kael'thas Kel'Thuzad Kharazim Li Li Ragnaros The Butcher Tyrande Zagara Latest Heroes of the Storm News
      Balance Update Patch Notes: January 22nd The Listening Game Podcast Interview with Senior Designer Kyle Dates Weekly Brawl: Lost Cavern - January 24th Heroic Deals: Week of January 21st 2019 Year in Review
    • By Stan
      Kevin "Cloaken" Johnson is back with a brand new episode of the Listening Game Podcast and this time, he talked to Senior Designer Kyle Dates who is responsible for many innovative Hero designs on the roster (Kel'thuzad, Deathwing, Orphea).
      They talk about Kyle's career from his start as a Warcraft/StarCraft modder, to raiding in vanilla WoW, design on StarCraft II, and Heroes of the Storm.
      In the first episode of the podcast, Kevin sat down with Senior Animator Lana Bachynski who now works at Riot.
    • By Stan
      This week's brawl is Lost Cavern and comes with the shuffle pick, standard play, and no Hearthstones at spawn. You can win the game by destroying the enemy Core. Play three games to earn a New Toy Chest.
      Blizzard (Source)
      This week’s brawl is Lost Cavern! It’s all-out mayhem on our single-lane battleground – Lost Cavern. Queue up, choose your Hero, and try to best to bring down the enemy Core!

Rules:
      Shuffle pick - Choose from one of three Heroes before entering the battle. Standard play - no talent or level restrictions. The first team to destroy the enemy Core wins! Rewards:
      Complete three matches of Lost Cavern to earn a New Toy Chest! Find out more about the Heroes Brawl game mode on our Heroes Brawl site; and as always, you can find more information on this week’s Brawl by clicking the Brawl Info button at the bottom of the play screen when preparing to queue for the Brawl game mode.
      Balance Update Patch Notes: January 22nd Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: Week of January 21st Heroic Deals: Week of January 21st 2019 Year in Review
    • By Stan
      2019 brought four Hero releases, four Seasonal events, and various improvements to the game, including Hero role expansion, Mastery Rings, Nexus Anomalies, and XP Globes. Join the Heroes team as they look back at 2019 in retrospect!
      Blizzard (Source)
      2019 was a year full of radical new approaches in Heroes—we experimented with our biggest Hero ever, Deathwing, a new slice of the Nexus’ lore in Qhira, and our very first Nexus Anomaly, Experience Globes, among others. We added game-changing Heroes to the roster—including Imperius and Anduin—and seasonal events offered quests and skins that allowed us to pummel our enemies in style. To top it off, we added both innovative and quality-of-life features to the game, including more accurate roles and descriptions, mastery rings, and the very first multi-hero mount.
      Here’s a deeper look at some of our favorite moments from the year.
      Hero Releases
      Imperius
      Starting the year off with a power move, the leader of the Angiris Council and Aspect of Valor Imperius arrived to purge darkness from the Nexus. Imperius valiantly led armies of the High Heavens against the forces of hell, and as a Bruiser, there’s no shaking his resolve nor his constitution. This Archangel was one of the most highly requested Heroes, and his entrance was a beacon of hope to all.

Anduin
      The High King of the Alliance, Anduin, made his royal Heroes debut in early 2019. After his father fell to the Burning Legion, he learned that peace must be fought for wherever it is challenged—even in the Nexus.

Qhira
      “Justice didn’t come for you—I did.” The Iresian Bounty Hunter Qhira, a Melee Assassin, came for her enemies in the Nexus in summer 2019. Qhira is the second Hero, after Orphea, who is exclusive to Heroes of the Storm. After the Iresian people tore their realm apart in a struggle for power, Qhira escaped with a Chainblade and began her search for survivors. However, if she finds an enemy Hero instead, she’s sure to make quick work of them before escaping with her Grappling Hook.

Deathwing
      Announced just before BlizzCon, the dragon of many names shocked the world when he staked his claim on the Nexus at the tail end of 2019. By far the most requested Hero, Deathwing is the first on the roster to be permanently unstoppable and immune to both Crowd Control and allied abilities. He has two forms, Destroyer and World Breaker, which give him access to different abilities—whichever he uses, he rains terror on his foes.

Events
      Caldeum Complex
      The Heroes 2019 spring event took place in Caldeum Acropolis, a city where all struggle to find their place in a cyberpunk dystopia. In this event, the Azure Dragons and Onyx Turtles gangs, led by Chromie and Kharazim respectively, clash against the Jigoku Cybernetics Corporation and their elite agents over systemic oppression. Caldeum Complex featured a quest chain loaded with rewards, and players had the chance to earn unique skins such as Street Cyborg Kharazim and Techno Vandal Chromie.

Mechastorm II
      The evil forces of Xenotech returned in summer 2019 with new skins like Mecha Yrel and Mecha Valla, special event quests, and bundles. This year Xenotech Malthael was at the head of the invasion, but a new generation of young pilots stood valiantly against the mecha Archangel of Death’s chaos and destruction.

The Scarlet Heist
      2019’s fall event took place in New Tirisfal City, where the largest criminal empire in the city, headed by Whitemane, was finally set to receive some payback. Players had the chance to go through with Baby-Face Orphea’s, Wiseguy Junkrat’s, and Bama “The Hammer’s” plan to infiltrate Whitemane’s Scarlet Mafia and abscond with their biggest haul yet. With all the drops during this event, it was practically a steal.

Toys Event
      2019 reminded us to appreciate the smaller things in life—like fun-sized Heroes, for example. The Toys event returned in the winter with an array of themed collectibles, such as the new skins Tickle Mephisto, Cosmonaut Qhira, Galactic Force Valeera, and more. The event also included Heroes of the Storm’s very first multi-hero mount, the Toy Train.

Features
      Hero Role Expansion
      As the roster and breadth of mechanics steadily increased, new roles and descriptions were created in the first quarter of 2019 to more closely represent Heroes currently in and coming to the Nexus. The new Hero Roles were: Tank, Bruiser, Support, Healer, Melee Assassin, and Ranged Assassin. (Tag yourself.)

Mastery Rings
      As of 2019, reaching level 15 with a Hero means you can unlock the ability to use a Mastery Ring! Mastery Rings came to the game late in the year as a bit of extra flair that displays on a Hero in-game. They are purchasable with gold and upgradable with additional purchases, so the humble-brag progression is ever-present.

Nexus Anomalies and Experience Globes
      At the end of 2019 we introduced Experience Globes, our first Nexus Anomaly. Nexus Anomalies are seasonal, major game updates intended to put a spin on the way you play Heroes. Experience Globes are a drop that grant in-game experience. Collecting experience has never been so intuitive and fun!

Toy Train Multi-Hero Mount
      The little engine that almost didn’t, really did! The Nexus’ very first multi-hero mount made its arrival at the end of 2019 along with the Toys event. All aboard!

Thank you for being part of another great year of Heroes of the Storm. See you in the Nexus for another year of fun!
      Balance Update Patch Notes: January 22nd Free-to-Play Hero Rotation: Week of January 21st Heroic Deals: Week of January 21st