FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Astynax

A question for Kazi and Zagam::

Hey, What would be a good class to play on Mal'Ganis? Am considering trying to get into Normal and Heroic raiding in WoD, as I have more time free. I perform well with a hunter, and really enjoy the class, but I am trying to avoid the negative stereotype of huntards in raids. 

Also, in regards to 550+ ilvl requirements and the like for flex/normal, when i was doing a flex run a week or so ago ( didn't manage to down the boss ) with my hunter ( ilvl 522 i think ) there was a player who was alive for most of the fights pre-wipes ( Malkorok ) and who had If i remember correctly 540 something ilvl gear, and was pulling under 50k dps. When I look at the Recount for some of those players who are like that, i see things like auto-shot damage for hunters being 50% (arcane taking up most of the rest ) and the pet doing the other bit as they are BM, or a rogue with 60% melee damage, and one time i saw a mage who was sitting there, spamming ONLY frostbolt, and the water elemental, as well as occasionally putting their bomb on the boss. They didn't even use their ice lance or frostfire. They did 35k. 

It leaves me wondering how it is that if they play like that they managed to get that level of gear. Or, it could of course me a friend trying the class out, or they could be on the phone, so there are of course potential reasons for this, but it still surprises me when I see such things.

So, Hunter, or a Druid? ( lvling one now, and really enjoy it ) (( thinking of maybe boosting the character from 60--> 90 on the server, and I'll get them to 90 pre-expac.

Thanks guys :)

Hey, What would be a good class to play on Mal'Ganis? Am considering trying to get into Normal and Heroic raiding in WoD, as I have more time free. I perform well with a hunter, and really enjoy the class, but I am trying to avoid the negative stereotype of huntards in raids. 

Also, in regards to 550+ ilvl requirements and the like for flex/normal, when i was doing a flex run a week or so ago ( didn't manage to down the boss ) with my hunter ( ilvl 522 i think ) there was a player who was alive for most of the fights pre-wipes ( Malkorok ) and who had If i remember correctly 540 something ilvl gear, and was pulling under 50k dps. When I look at the Recount for some of those players who are like that, i see things like auto-shot damage for hunters being 50% (arcane taking up most of the rest ) and the pet doing the other bit as they are BM, or a rogue with 60% melee damage, and one time i saw a mage who was sitting there, spamming ONLY frostbolt, and the water elemental, as well as occasionally putting their bomb on the boss. They didn't even use their ice lance or frostfire. They did 35k. 

It leaves me wondering how it is that if they play like that they managed to get that level of gear. Or, it could of course me a friend trying the class out, or they could be on the phone, so there are of course potential reasons for this, but it still surprises me when I see such things.

1.) Play what you want. It, essentially, doesn't matter. MG is so ridiculously active, that you'll have no issues. ESP if you combine it w/ OQ.

2.) As for the AFK DPS, it's sad, but it does happen. Quite a bit. That being said, in lots of runs, you have people like me who need absolutely nothing from the raid, and are doing it for valor/helping guildies/spare change. I know I can put 2-3 of these dps on my back, and carry them through the fights, usually. As long as you're not causing us to wipe, I really don't care. It's just a flex. Now, that being said, the minute your inability to perform starts costing me repair bills, I get unhappy. In short, these guys can get away with this lots of times, because the content is easy enough that it doesn't matter, and it's not worth the drama of kicking them and finding a new DPS, so they just get to stay around.

So, Hunter, or a Druid? ( lvling one now, and really enjoy it ) (( thinking of maybe boosting the character from 60--> 90 on the server, and I'll get them to 90 pre-expac.

Thanks guys smile.png

I will say the same thing that I tell people when they're talking about "well this spec does this much more" or "this talent is better by x%": what's most important is your comfort and ability. Absolute optimal feral druid is playing using Dream of Cenarius talent, but that complicates an already complicated spec even more. Unless you're very good at it, you're better off not taking that talent. 

If you're already comfortable with your hunter and can put out respectable numbers, then I'd say give your hunter a go. You can avoid the negative stereotype of huntards by not being one and not doing things like turning on Aspect mid-fight, letting your pet taunt all the adds, right-click pulling bosses, etc. Having good DPS will help, too.

Since you're trying to make the transition into normal raiding, hunters are also good just due to their relative simplicity. If you have or can get your 4-piece and go survival, 60% of your DPS will be auto-shot, pet auto-attack, and Explosive Shot. Not having to spend a lot of thought and focus (no pun intended) on your rotation makes it easier to pay attention to mechanics. This is one area where druids aren't great for the less-experienced. Feral is the hardest rotation in the game. Boomkin is just weird (optimal play involves healing mid-rotation). Tanking (IMO) is something that should never not require your attention. Healing is just the same. Healing is a terrible idea for someone not used to really raiding. 

Just my thoughts.

Often, I find the word "elitist" is simply used to describe "anyone better than me that causes me to feel like I'm not very good". LFR heroes are quick to call anyone and everyone elitist, even if all you do is get to the boss and ask if anyone doesn't know it so you can explain it to them.

Ha! That happened to me, even though I am pretty clearly not a world-class player.  Somebody called me "elitist" for explaining how Thok worked in LFR and that the dude picking up the keys who didn't know what to do with them shouldn't. LOL.

To me elitism is knocking people just because they're not playing at your level. I mean, I get being annoyed with players who aren't even trying, or who think that one-button macros for playing are the right way to go, but looking down on people because finishing Flex is as far as they want to go, but they still want to do it with some pride/integrity? That's elitism.