FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Demonology Opener

Chequer remember that the cooldowns we dont use by skipping T2 get used on that empowered whirling just after.

We took a few goes at it but with a bit of practice on positioning it went well. Was good to learn it so we knew what to do in p3.

that happened to me SO many times.  Out of the 8, 6 of them were delays in the game with the Engineer dying, going through the death animation, and then him releasing the Iron Star.  I was mocked with me saying 'no no no no no' in mumble by a couple of raid members imitating XT-002's Tantrum voiceover.  I was less than pleased.

2 were COMPLETELY my fault where I tried to get one more cast off on Garrosh while moving over.  Last night, my Engineer wipe count hit 9 on our last pull because someone died early and I decided to hearth out and let my raid team eat one for the road.  From what I heard, some Warlocks out there have to double pot or be assisted by others to get it done or take 30-40 wipes before they figure it out.  I have that shit down pat.

• Like 2

Personal fav was the three of you sitting there trying to figure out how your chaos bolt base damage managed to change mid-fight. Although XT-002 impressions were a close second.

At least I know we're entertaining.

"Screw progression! At this point, we're doing it for shits and giggles!"

-Zagam, 2014.

Just don't quote anything I really said on here.  People might not look at me the same...

• Like 1

I'm the one killing engineers...I only caused 6 wipes the first time learning the fight with the Engineer.  From what I understand, that's pretty damn good.

What to do it's delaying all my cds until adds spawn and use it when left 5sec to eng spawns, so i burn adds down doing around 1.3kk dps and then gateway to eng with pre-pot + Dark Soul + hopefully with some trinkets.

Since I'm doing this only 1 eng. passed in last 80 tries.

Edited by JvChequer

I just cast cast 3 chaos bolts if nothing procs and it always kills it nowadays.

Keeps your Bindings lined up with DS and lets you save your second pot for p3.

Here's my exact Phase 1 ritual that is becoming mind-numbingly mundane as my group fails to execute the mechanics of FIXATE AND IRON STAR...

Before fight, set up teleport to be in striking range of Engineer.  Set Gateway just to the side of this to go back to the center of the back of the room.

Pre-pot and pull the boss with Immolate (Bear taunts off me).  Cast Incinerate as I'm running to the bottom of the stairs of Garrosh's throne.  Reapply Immolate and cast ONE conflagrate.  Spam Incinerate until Desecrated Weapon is thrown on me.  As I'm moving out of Desecrate, flip on Fire and Brimstone and cast Incinerate 5 times.  Teleport to the engineer and react to current procs. 

1. If PBI was delayed and it's up for this, I'll need to Conflagrate and Chaos Bolt twice then hit the Gateway. 

2. If KTT and PBI are up, I skip the Conflag, CB twice, and hit the Gateway.

3. If no trinkets are live, I double Conflag, double CB, Incinerate, and Shadowburn.  This is where my butthole clenches because that Shadowburn goes off when Iron Star has 0.1 left to cast.  I'd say 9/10 times, it registers - but every now and then, he dies and the Iron Star happens anyways.  This has happened a grand total of 7 times in 90+ attempts.

After I Gateway, I start hammering on Garrosh.  If I got trinket procs and the engineer melted in 2 CBs, when I land, I Shadowfury the adds on the group.  Otherwise, it's ok.  I then apply Havoc to Garrosh, pop Unending Resolve for the Iron Star hit, and move against the back wall for the 2nd Desecrated Weapon.  Weapon comes out, I move towards engineer while spamming Garrosh with Incinerate to build my Embers back up.  When I teleport to the Engineer, I assess my procs...

I use Dark Soul as he is coming out regardless of other procs.  Then I make a decision...

1. If Tempus Repit is up, Chaos Bolt, Conflag, Chaos Bolt, Incinerate, spam Shadowburn

2. If TR is not up, Conflag, CB, Conflag, CB, Incinerate, Shadowburn

The Shadowburn is super important so I replenish on Embers.  At this point, I flip on Burning Rush and make my way back to my group as the 2nd Iron Star is peeling across the room.  I pop Sacrificial Pact, Healthstone, and start Shadowburning Garrosh until I'm down to 1 Burning Ember.  He transitions and I build up my Embers while sitting on Conflag charges.  When he has 3 seconds to transition, I Conflag twice to get my 6 Backdraft stacks then go into transition.  The reason I sit on those is because in the transition, I Havoc one of the adds and double CB another.  This brings both down into Shadowburn range where I execute both, Spell Lock the third during its cast, and finish that one off.  I have one Blood Elf (class/role not important) Arcane Torrent the first cast. 

Overall, it was fun to learn for me, but now it's boring as fuck and I just wait for my group to not make a mistake.  We're having some SERIOUS issues where people move out from the Iron Star too early, thus dragging adds out of the damage and knockback.  This and someone pre-emptively moving triggering a shitty Desecrated Weapon are our two biggest issues.  I'm hoping they put their game faces on for Monday.  There's no reason we can't down this boss next week in our 15 hours of pushing him.  For a group that pulled H Paragons in about 80 attempts (discluding Skeer early blood wipes), I'm amazed at their ability to not manage Phase 1 in Garrosh.

Wiped at 10% last night in P4.

Ppl screw up in Second bombardment.

Btw Zagam, since I'm Eng I prefer use gateway to go to Iron Star and them nitro boots to run until boss.

400+ wipes and counting...yes, we sucks.

now zag, imagine how boring it is for you, and take out doing anything remotely interesting. sometimes i wish i was on engineer duty just so i would have something to do. then i remember how lazy i am and let the rogues handle it

How - do you wipe at 10% in P4?  P4 looks SO incredibly derping easy.  How do you screw up Bombardment?  Not an insult to you or your guild - I just don't get it.  Then again, I don't get how after 95 attempts, my guild can't quit screwing around in P1.  From what I hear, 80% of your wipes will be in P1 and T1.  What irks me is that we had P1 down on Wednesday then shit the bed on Thursday. 

I'm not an Engineer, so I must do what I laid out.  Honestly, it's enjoyable.  Ever watch the "cool guys don't look at explosions" video on Youtube?  When I send that 2nd Chaos Bolt at the Engineer and walk away without seeing him explode but knowing he died, I feel like a boss - until someone dies because they didn't use a cooldown with Fixate on them and I go into super XT-002 mode yelling NO NO NO NO NO NO NO. 

Video for reference:

• Like 1

Random, pretty much entirely off-topic question, but I noticed it. You're rocking SacPac even w/ GoSac? IK it's still a net hp increase, and all, but I found my healers getting annoyed with me suddenly losing 1/4th my hp prior to a high-damage moment, when they felt the need to top me off.

but I found my healers getting annoyed with me suddenly losing 1/4th my hp prior to a high-damage moment, when they felt the need to top me off.

Tell them to nut the fuck up and learn basic math. 

Lose 180,000-ish HP to gain a 750,000-ish shield. WHY THE FUCK NOT?!

I had a healer "order" me to stop using it. I told him to find a hole and jump in it. 

If your healers don't understand that absorbs are always better than heals, then they better reroll in WoD when healing actually requires skill. 

Sacrificial Pact takes 1/4 of your demon's HP and converts it into 400% of that for a shield.  With no pet, you are considered the demon.  My HP without Soul Link sits at 800k.  This means I sacrifice 200k HP for an 800k HP shield.  For something like Heroic Garrosh, consider that I get hit for about 550k unmitigated from the Iron Star Explosion.  Would your healers rather see:

1) My HP go down to 75% and then not move at all and leave 300k from Sac Pact to move out of the Desecrated Weapon and take 0 additional damage?  One simple HoT from a Shaman, Druid, Paladin, Monk, or Priest could top me off in a matter of 3-4 seconds.  Otherwise, I'll just heal myself.

2) My HP go down from 100% to 35% causing them to react with a large mana heal.

One of these situations is CLEARLY optimal.  It's not even close.  Sacrificial Pact is the most overpowered defensive ability in the game.  Second is Soul Leech.  I don't take damage - ever. 

I can't wait for healers to actually require talent and skill.  No more smart heals.  Overhealing will be bad.  Healers will finally understand how valuable raiders are that prevent damage.  It's too easy for healers to top everyone off right now.  When people spend more time between 0 and 100% and players like me and Locky prevent nearly 90% of the damage done to ourselves, we'll be more appreciated.

Tell them to nut the fuck up and learn basic math. 

Lose 180,000-ish HP to gain a 750,000-ish shield. WHY THE FUCK NOT?!

I had a healer "order" me to stop using it. I told him to find a hole and jump in it. 

Locky.... I love you sometimes.... ROFL.

If your healers don't understand that absorbs are always better than heals, then they better reroll in WoD when healing actually requires skill. 

Sacrificial Pact takes 1/4 of your demon's HP and converts it into 400% of that for a shield.  With no pet, you are considered the demon.  My HP without Soul Link sits at 800k.  This means I sacrifice 200k HP for an 800k HP shield.  For something like Heroic Garrosh, consider that I get hit for about 550k unmitigated from the Iron Star Explosion.  Would your healers rather see:

1) My HP go down to 75% and then not move at all and leave 300k from Sac Pact to move out of the Desecrated Weapon and take 0 additional damage?  One simple HoT from a Shaman, Druid, Paladin, Monk, or Priest could top me off in a matter of 3-4 seconds.  Otherwise, I'll just heal myself.

2) My HP go down from 100% to 35% causing them to react with a large mana heal.

One of these situations is CLEARLY optimal.  It's not even close.  Sacrificial Pact is the most overpowered defensive ability in the game.  Second is Soul Leech.  I don't take damage - ever. 

I can't wait for healers to actually require talent and skill.  No more smart heals.  Overhealing will be bad.  Healers will finally understand how valuable raiders are that prevent damage.  It's too easy for healers to top everyone off right now.  When people spend more time between 0 and 100% and players like me and Locky prevent nearly 90% of the damage done to ourselves, we'll be more appreciated.

I get that it's optimal, probably just the healers I'm running with, or was, rather. They would use mana-inefficient heals, (Regrowth) to get me to 100%, rather than be smart with it, and it was causing a lot of mana strain, so I switched to DB, and I guess it just habit now. I still pref SacPac, but a longshot. I just don't run it for fear of healer stupidity.

And zag.... don't scare me too badly. =P I'm not sure I know any "good" healers. =P

Never.  Ever.  Compensate for others' mistakes and bad gameplay with your own.  You only compound the issue.  Attack incompetency at its roots - do not let it grow into a tree and become the water that helps it grow.

• Like 3

How - do you wipe at 10% in P4?  P4 looks SO incredibly derping easy.  How do you screw up Bombardment?  Not an insult to you or your guild - I just don't get it.

One of our tank just got completely lost when and where move to the boss.

Wiped because of him, also, some ppl STILL don't know how P4 works, I almost passed away last night telling ppl what to do and how it works after every single wipe in P4...

PS: DB is useful for soaking 4th Malice but since rogues, pally and hunter - also off tank - can soak WAY better than us, why an warlock should do this? Sac.Pact this fight it's HANDS DOWN our best choice.

Edited by JvChequer

Sac Pact is the bees knees. I switched to it during garrosh progress in December and went from dipping in hp during empowered whirling to not having my health bar move an inch.

Almost 800k shield on a 60 second cooldown that lasts 20 seconds so can be used preemptively before damage occurs? Yes please. An extra 20k to my soul leech shield is negligible compared to this bad boy.