FORUMS
Damien

Dragonflight DPS Rankings

3 hours ago, Guest Kosh said:

No it's not solely on them, it will massively affect people who might want to log on for an hour or so to try and do an M+ or something of that ilk. These people who don't play 25 hours a day do exist; well at least 1 of them does! 

The fact that you've shaped a meta even before the expansion has dropped has made community perception worse. Maybe it shouldn't; I totally agree, however I left WOW before because of the utter toxicity and meta - slaving and it seems nothing has changed in that regards.

Obviously, you have the absolute right to publish what you want re WoW, however I respectfully suggest that if you think it won't negatively impact a sizeable chunk of non top end players I think you're deluding yourself. Now my experience is only anecdotal and only 1 person but a sizeable chunk of newer players I encounter in FF14 are WOW exiles sick of the same kind of things I've just mentioned; and I totally fail to see how this guide improves things one iota - sorry.

I think we have a different perception of the community and what is the norm then. You're right, people adhere much more to the meta now than they ever have, but that's not because of me and that's not unique to retail wow. Just look at Classic - you absolutely can play whatever you want and do not have to follow the meta in any way, but the majority of players still do. Some of the best players that I've ever played with are people who have taken "non-meta" specs and played them to an insane potential, because player skill has been and always will be much more important for 99.9% of content. 

• Like 1

Guest TTz

When would we expect updates to this based on latest buffs/nerfs and testing? I know SL is still a while away and lots to change before then, but just curious how frequently this would be maintained

16 hours ago, Guest TTz said:

When would we expect updates to this based on latest buffs/nerfs and testing? I know SL is still a while away and lots to change before then, but just curious how frequently this would be maintained

If there are ever major changes I'll update it within a couple of days always. However, for the last 2 tuning passes there have been mostly only minor changes for DPS specs since they were mainly focused on tank balance. For more minor changes where specs won't be jumping full tiers, I might wait a bit longer to either get more input or aggregate all the changes.

The only exception to above would be for Destruction and Subtlety, but I was spending some time figuring out exactly how they'll be affected since there were some bug fixes mixed in the complicated things.

I'm going to be committing a couple of changes today, but not really related to the tuning, more just reevaluating a couple of specs with a bit more info now.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Asyana said:

Do you think any of the recent changes to Elemental shaman changes anything on it's ranking?

Definitely. Ele has been bugged with it's infinite lava burst multi-target procs, which has made it hard to test. There have been a ton of changes yesterday and today, so I'll be looking over how everything gets shifted this week.

Guest Vinygunz
On 9/17/2020 at 2:08 AM, Guest Kosh said:

So publishing this tier list even before the expansion drops...

and people who don't have time/inclination to raid 4 hours a day 3 nights a week like me now can't get into any groups unless we play a meta spec we may not want to..

I was seriously debating returning to WoW after a year or so away; this list has made my mind up for me - to not bother.

Icy Veins - please pull this garbage down asap; I'm sure it was done with the best intentions but achieves the rear end of squat; and is probably negative.

You're weak. 

Guest Ocho

Unfortunate that both warrior specs are so far down the list. Crazy how other classes not only out-dps them but has better utility as well. If anything, warrior should have a damage advantage over a majority of the other classes considering their utility is below average... 

Hoping Blizzard fixes them by launch but if anything, the change will be too small. 

45 minutes ago, Guest Ocho said:

Unfortunate that both warrior specs are so far down the list. Crazy how other classes not only out-dps them but has better utility as well. If anything, warrior should have a damage advantage over a majority of the other classes considering their utility is below average... 

Hoping Blizzard fixes them by launch but if anything, the change will be too small. 

Totally agree. Warriors have some real issues right now, so hopefully they get some much needed attention soon.

On 9/16/2020 at 11:08 PM, Guest Kosh said:

So publishing this tier list even before the expansion drops...

and people who don't have time/inclination to raid 4 hours a day 3 nights a week like me now can't get into any groups unless we play a meta spec we may not want to..

I was seriously debating returning to WoW after a year or so away; this list has made my mind up for me - to not bother.

Icy Veins - please pull this garbage down asap; I'm sure it was done with the best intentions but achieves the rear end of squat; and is probably negative.

There are plenty of guilds that go by the moto "bring the player not the class" Unless you're playing in a CE guild dps rankings really dont matter much.

The guide its very accurate, at the first weeks of testing shadowlands beta i tested some of the classes, and i agree with what he says about them, but they're some overpowered classes which dominates the others. 

I agree with what he says great guide.

On 10/15/2020 at 6:59 AM, Guest 7EH said:

Do you when the dps ranking will be updated ? thks!

I'll be submitting changes tonight. I purposefully was waiting to update after the nerfs last week since blizzard said the accompanying buffs were coming this week.

4 hours ago, Guest Original Rankster said:

Big changes recently. New ranking update?

Yup, going to wait to see tuning this week and will do both updates at once. There actually were surprisingly few shifts from the conduit changes. The biggest buffs were to frost mage, Destro saw some nerfs that'll drop it a few spots, but I don't think any builds jumped tiers.

Guest Oxy

On 10/27/2020 at 8:33 AM, Impakt said:

Yup, going to wait to see tuning this week and will do both updates at once. There actually were surprisingly few shifts from the conduit changes. The biggest buffs were to frost mage, Destro saw some nerfs that'll drop it a few spots, but I don't think any builds jumped tiers.

Hey what about Enh shamans? The wf buff seems good on paper right?

8 hours ago, Guest Oxy said:

Hey what about Enh shamans? The wf buff seems good on paper right?

Definitely. Enhance got a little bit of a nice buff, probably jumps a couple of spots, but not much more than that. As far as melee go, Enhance was already in a decent spot, but as a melee that doesn't bring required or significant raid utility it's extremely hard for them to get ranked A-tier or better.

1 hour ago, Guest Orton14 said:

You think Frost Mages are able to fight with shadows for Rank 1?

No. Frost Mages were not going to move up to S-tier, and especially after today will still be A-tier. They are a very strong class, don't get me wrong, but they lack the spread multi-target capabilities that Shadow Priest and Affliction Warlocks bring. It's just a fundamental strength that only those 2 specs bring, which is important in several encounters.

47 minutes ago, Guest Orton14 said:

OK so you don't see Changes in S Tier, right?

Nope. S-tier will stay the same for now. There is a chance they'll nerf Affliction and/or Shadow Priest more which might change it though.

Guest Comical

Do you still feel ret is b-tier with the changes to their conduits?  Yoda seemed to think they were sleepers going into SL

3 hours ago, Guest Comical said:

Do you still feel ret is b-tier with the changes to their conduits?  Yoda seemed to think they were sleepers going into SL

They'll move up a bit, definitely got some nice buffs. I don't think they'll be moved into the A-tier though. Ret is good, but it just has the same problem that it always has has - it has no 100% required buff/mechanic and is a melee. There are limited "optional" melee spots in mythic fights usually. Ret is a great option, but it's harder to make the choice than it is for a ranged class.

Guest Tier Listless

Post is a tier list but with no damage meters or pull numbers? Are we supposed to just go off faith here?