FORUMS
Damien

Dragonflight Healer Rankings

Guest Amani

"especially with the new increased chain jump radius to Chain Heal"
The author does not understand the classes he writes about, and does not understand their changes. It's a shame.

31 minutes ago, Guest Amani said:

"especially with the new increased chain jump radius to Chain Heal"
The author does not understand the classes he writes about, and does not understand their changes. It's a shame.

Yeah that's a bit off, the Chain Heal "range increase" was a bug fix to make it equal jump range as on BFA since it was bugged to be way smaller, should be fixed soon once Impakt comes around.

Recently joined the Raidline guild, they have now only killed 5 mythical bosses of the current raid, do you think it makes sense to hope that in Shadowlands they can close all 10 mythical bosses?

Guest Sarkli

I never feel these "expert" lists do any good for the game. Conjecture and opinion based lists only hurt the overall game. 

3 hours ago, Vukitch said:

Recently joined the Raidline guild, they have now only killed 5 mythical bosses of the current raid, do you think it makes sense to hope that in Shadowlands they can close all 10 mythical bosses?

Depends on the evolution of your roster going to Shadowlands, one would hope guilds are always improving and killing more and more bosses every raid tier, but ultimately it is down to you whether to do your best and wait or try to jump to other, higher progressed guild ?

3 hours ago, Guest Sarkli said:

I never feel these "expert" lists do any good for the game. Conjecture and opinion based lists only hurt the overall game. 

Impakt is a Warlock, officer of BDGG who finished Nya'lotha world #9 and he has a lot of contacts in the other top guilds, the stuff written is their best guess at how things will be shaping out, which impacts what classes they want their members to roll and so on for Shadowlands. So while the usefulness of "tier lists" can indeed be disputed, if you were to have anyone write it, he is a pretty good choice.

Now, no one knows everything about retail WoW because things are constantly in flux and very complex, so this sort of page ends up requiring a ton of input from various people, which is what is happening now.

Check in later for improvements ?

Guest Koalawolf
On 9/4/2020 at 9:05 PM, Damien said:

This thread is for comments about our Castle Nathria Healer rankings.

Well this Article isnt really trust worthy if the bugfix of chainheal bounce range is marketed as a buff 

Did the person who wrote this actually look at any healing logs? This gives no insight into why these specs are good in Castle Nathria specifically. It's basically just reiterating what everyone memes about each of the healers...

10 hours ago, Seksi said:

Impakt is a Warlock, officer of BDGG who finished Nya'lotha world #9 and he has a lot of contacts in the other top guilds, the stuff written is their best guess at how things will be shaping out, which impacts what classes they want their members to roll and so on for Shadowlands. So while the usefulness of "tier lists" can indeed be disputed, if you were to have anyone write it, he is a pretty good choice.

Now, no one knows everything about retail WoW because things are constantly in flux and very complex, so this sort of page ends up requiring a ton of input from various people, which is what is happening now.

Check in later for improvements ?

Thanks Seksi, couldn't have said it any better. 

This list is very much subjective, and healing comps are notoriously hard to predict. This is what I and my guild (as well as others I've talked to) have experience from testing on beta. If you have differing opinions that is totally fine, let me know what you disagree with and how I should change it!

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Guest Koalawolf said:

Well this Article isnt really trust worthy if the bugfix of chainheal bounce range is marketed as a buff 

My wording was bad on that part. I'm well aware it was just a bugfix, I just meant it was a buff from early beta -> current beta since it was like that for awhile. It has been fixed now.

5 hours ago, grizzlysaurusrex said:

Did the person who wrote this actually look at any healing logs? This gives no insight into why these specs are good in Castle Nathria specifically. It's basically just reiterating what everyone memes about each of the healers...

I tested every encounter with my guild, as well as consulting some other top raiders that I know. This isn't meant to be a full guide on every healer, more to showcase some of their strong points and why you would want them as well as where they fall right now compared to other healers.

That being said I already did commit some reworks to a few of the spec descriptions and modified the ordering a little bit from some extensive healer feedback earlier today. If you have any suggestions about what you think should be changed please let me know!

Guest Koalawolf
6 hours ago, Impakt said:

My wording was bad on that part. I'm well aware it was just a bugfix, I just meant it was a buff from early beta -> current beta since it was like that for awhile. It has been fixed now.

Well thank you for your answer. I didnt mean to put your expertise down but felt most people that will check this article probably didnt play beta themselves and might have missed the bug -> could lead to misconception about shamans, and some people tend to take articles like this as gospel

6 hours ago, Guest Koalawolf said:

Well thank you for your answer. I didnt mean to put your expertise down but felt most people that will check this article probably didnt play beta themselves and might have missed the bug -> could lead to misconception about shamans, and some people tend to take articles like this as gospel

No worries, I totally understand. I definitely underestimated how much weight something like this would carry, so I'm working with the class writers now and other top raiders to ensure that everything is in the best condition possible to not give any false impressions. Myself and my guild have been extensively playing beta for months now so most of our perceptions have changed over the course of beta, not necessarily from BFA -> Shadowlands.

I'm looking to keep this updated and make this as accurate as possible - please leave whatever feedback you want, even if it's negative!

Impakt, Thank you for the insights and the effort you've put in to give us the rankings! While I understand this is a rough list, it's really nice to have some insight in to beta numbers.

Devotion aura is listed as the best cooldown in the game.  It's a 15% damage reduction in shadowlands and lasts 8 seconds.  Power word barrier is a 25% damage reduction, also reduces spell interupts, and lasts 10 seconds.  What metric was used to determine 'best'?

1 hour ago, Lucavian said:

Devotion aura is listed as the best cooldown in the game.  It's a 15% damage reduction in shadowlands and lasts 8 seconds.  Power word barrier is a 25% damage reduction, also reduces spell interupts, and lasts 10 seconds.  What metric was used to determine 'best'?

This is definitely a bit subjective, but the main difference in how you can use it. Devotion Aura is a 40 yard raid wide buff whereas Power Word Barrier requires everyone to be stacked in a small area. There are definitely times where the Barrier would be more valuable, but overall the Devo Aura has better use in the raid.

Guest Lyneya

'With the loss of the incredibly potent Glimmer of Light setup that was the core of their healing output in BFA, Holy Paladins have lost some of their raw throughput power.'

Now with this I gather you mean the azerite glimmer stacking? Because we still get glimmer, as a talent. And if the Kyrian covenant spell stays the same, we can basically put up 5 holy shocks every minute for the glimmer buff f.ex.

54 minutes ago, Guest Lyneya said:

'With the loss of the incredibly potent Glimmer of Light setup that was the core of their healing output in BFA, Holy Paladins have lost some of their raw throughput power.'

Now with this I gather you mean the azerite glimmer stacking? Because we still get glimmer, as a talent. And if the Kyrian covenant spell stays the same, we can basically put up 5 holy shocks every minute for the glimmer buff f.ex.

Correct. This was purely meant to explain in the simplest possible way that holy paladin has lost a substantial amount of its raw healing power that it was showing towards the end of BFA. The current iteration of glimmer is just nowhere near as good. Paladins have strengths for sure, but raw healing output and HPS is not one of them.

Guest Kerser

"October 8 update:Holy Paladin received a notible cooldown reduction to their Holy Shock Icon Holy Shock moving from 8 seconds to 6.5 seconds " 

this is wrong. Please write true numbers. Real one is this; 

Cooldown changed from 9 sec cooldown to 7.5 sec cooldown

3 minutes ago, Guest Kerser said:

"October 8 update:Holy Paladin received a notible cooldown reduction to their Holy Shock Icon Holy Shock moving from 8 seconds to 6.5 seconds " 

this is wrong. Please write true numbers. Real one is this; 

Cooldown changed from 9 sec cooldown to 7.5 sec cooldown

Value fixed from 6.5 to 7.5 seconds, thank you for the typo!

13 minutes ago, Guest Zefrs said:

What do their tiers mean?

Just a way of classifying, in an optimal scenario with player skill being the same, how the various healers will perform inside the new raid. Basically, for raiding, the healers at the top will probably perform a bit better overall than those below. There is no hard or fast rule, and definitely don't feel like you can only play healers at the top. The best healing comps for most raids are diverse comps that use different healers.

Guest rockitbabe

dont get tired of make a useless tierlist's for make some classes dont get any slot in raids?

Thank you for putting together this tier list, Impakt, and the explanation behind it.

For the Restoration Druid, the details say, "The biggest downsides remain to be a lack of damage reduction cooldown ...". I'm guessing that this is some mistake of wording to express a slightly different message? I mean, Druids have Ironbark, and while it only reduces damage by 20%, it makes up for that by having one of the lowest damage-reduction cooldowns in the game and simultaneously boosting the HoT of the Druid's spells on the target.