FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Blood Death Knight PvE

Guest Unlukkydeath

Is fallen crusader really still leading the charge with all the new runes added :(

15 hours ago, Guest Unlukkydeath said:

Is fallen crusader really still leading the charge with all the new runes added ?

Hello, and thanks for the comment!

There are two actually usable runes right now (or, well, viable runes), one tuned more towards damage (Fallen Crusader), and one tuned towards general defensive throughput (Hysteria).

Hysteria is only better under two conditions:

1. The spec is played optimally
  2. The player is in a situation where the value of RP defensively is much higher due to significantly higher than normal damage taken per second

Right now, there is no situation on prepatch where #2 is a thing, and as this is a guide, I cannot expect people to play optimally from the get-go to start with. As such, it makes more sense to recommend fallen crusader for now.

This recommendation will switch when Shadowlands hits, as SL keys and Castle Nathria are no joke on damage taken, not the way prepatch is, anyway.

hi, heartseeker is chosen in tier 1, but in the rotation you say to use blooddrinker.
edit: found this in the "easy mode" section

thanks for the clarifications

Edited by RenegadeZed

Guest Anom
On 10/22/2020 at 3:08 PM, RenegadeZed said:

hi, heartseeker is chosen in tier 1, but in the rotation you say to use blooddrinker.
edit: found this in the "easy mode" section

thanks for the clarifications

Agreed. It is a little confusing.

on the build page for lvl 25 talent it says Consumption "heals you the total damage dealt." when it heals for 150% and that it has a "45-second cooldown." when its only a 30-second

On 11/28/2020 at 10:22 AM, ZehelFenris said:

on the build page for lvl 25 talent it says Consumption "heals you the total damage dealt." when it heals for 150% and that it has a "45-second cooldown." when its only a 30-second

Thanks for highlighting this. I've updated the section for this talent to highlight the target cap and change to the cooldown. However, the changes here do not impact the choice of talent ?

"An alternative competitive option for Raiding is Bryndaor's Might Icon Bryndaor's Might. However, for this legendary to be effective you need to be engaged in difficult content to trigger its effect."

that latter sentence isn't exactly true, you can just run voracious which makes the minimum healing 10.5 percent, so it triggers every time, right? 

Guest Kherneas
On 12/1/2020 at 6:48 PM, jimyep said:

"An alternative competitive option for Raiding is Bryndaor's Might Icon Bryndaor's Might. However, for this legendary to be effective you need to be engaged in difficult content to trigger its effect."

that latter sentence isn't exactly true, you can just run voracious which makes the minimum healing 10.5 percent, so it triggers every time, right? 

The way I see it, it is true that it does make it trigger all the time but for content that hits hard enough to require you to use the extra healing from Voracious over the DPS of Bloodworms would mean you're likely already taking enough damage to trigger Bryndaor without the increased minimum heal from Voracious.

Content that doesn't hit hard enough to trigger Bryndaor just from the damage you take would probably be best tackled using another legendary.

On 12/1/2020 at 11:48 PM, jimyep said:

Hey Jimyep.

With regards to this legendary, if you are not engaged in hard hitting content and resorting to running Voracious, whilst you will trigger the effect of the legendary you are doing so by having to pick a sub-optimal talent for that scenario. In this scenario both the legendary and the talent are spots of wasted potential.

Hope that makes sense! 

On 12/3/2020 at 6:15 AM, Guest Kherneas said:

The way I see it, it is true that it does make it trigger all the time but for content that hits hard enough to require you to use the extra healing from Voracious over the DPS of Bloodworms would mean you're likely already taking enough damage to trigger Bryndaor without the increased minimum heal from Voracious.

Content that doesn't hit hard enough to trigger Bryndaor just from the damage you take would probably be best tackled using another legendary.

right, i'm not disagreeing with that, that's part of why superstrain is most often better. i'm just suggesting that if someone is using bryndaor, then they should basically always take voracious with it. 

How much will it hurt if I personally choose to craft the DRW cd reduction/rune regen. legendary over the Plague apply and Death Strike RP refund ones?

On 12/23/2020 at 3:57 PM, Rudy199 said:

How much will it hurt if I personally choose to craft the DRW cd reduction/rune regen. legendary over the Plague apply and Death Strike RP refund ones?

The cost is to do with opportunity cost from missing out on the other power as legendaries are mutually exclusive. To gain the maximum benefit from the DRW legendary you will need to actively be losing a bone shield charge off cooldown (you can only lose one every 2.5 seconds), when that condition is met then you will see the cooldown become closer to the 1 minute mark. Combined with Meat Shield at higher ranks you will start to see the potential benefits of the legendary. 

However, its important to note that in times where you want more uptime on DRW, its usually due to the content is hurting a lot, therefore you will be away from combat most of the time (kiting). So in the scenario where you want it more, you're also losing the benefit of the legendary a lot of the time. So you're back at the point of what legendary fits my needs the most.

Guest Kokolirio

Hello,

and thank you very much for the guide, I always come here from now and then to learn something new about blood dks.

Recently I died as blood dk due to the impossibility of hitting any enemy (due to a huge push back, and found myself very close to die again at Sun King after defeating an enemy or at council, ready to dance) with enough runic power but unable to heal myself. So I research for options available. For Council, I was just using Heavy Shrouded Cloth Bandage, to get 11k. But seemed way short. So I got the following:

• Using an endurance conduit, Blood Bond at ilvl 184, I use Vampiric Blood and the two charges of Rune Tap, healing a total of 5.2%).
  • Lichborne and Death Coils. Depending on the runnic power available, you will be able to cast none, one or two (in my case healing 9k each).

After these two options, with runnic power capped, I got 50% health back and 20 or 30 runnic power left.

The reason I write is that I came looking for approaches on Sacrificial Pact in case I could learn something new and it can be included in this scenario rotation and I was a bit surprised (not that much, since I saw the meaningless use of it) not to find it even mentioned.

Thank you very much for all the effort you all put here.

On 1/8/2021 at 9:35 AM, Guest Kokolirio said:

Hello,

and thank you very much for the guide, I always come here from now and then to learn something new about blood dks.

Recently I died as blood dk due to the impossibility of hitting any enemy (due to a huge push back, and found myself very close to die again at Sun King after defeating an enemy or at council, ready to dance) with enough runic power but unable to heal myself. So I research for options available. For Council, I was just using Heavy Shrouded Cloth Bandage, to get 11k. But seemed way short. So I got the following:

• Using an endurance conduit, Blood Bond at ilvl 184, I use Vampiric Blood and the two charges of Rune Tap, healing a total of 5.2%).
  • Lichborne and Death Coils. Depending on the runnic power available, you will be able to cast none, one or two (in my case healing 9k each).

After these two options, with runnic power capped, I got 50% health back and 20 or 30 runnic power left.

The reason I write is that I came looking for approaches on Sacrificial Pact in case I could learn something new and it can be included in this scenario rotation and I was a bit surprised (not that much, since I saw the meaningless use of it) not to find it even mentioned.

Thank you very much for all the effort you all put here.

Hello Kokolirio,

Neither of those scenarios should really be happening as when you're tanking you should really be in range to actually make use of that Runic Power. The only knockback that happens on those fights is a very tiny knockback on Sun King where you're still in melee range, or a very much pre-planned knockback in Phase 3 Council if you are doing Niklaus last, but after that you go back in melee range and can hit before any melee swings happen. As you mentioned Council was during dance, there is 0 damage happening there so you will be healed up by healers in that time.

If you are in dire need of healing in either of those scenarios I would go down the route of using Sacrifical Pact rather than using Blood Bond or spending runic into Death Coiling yourself (which is essentially using a cooldown and all your runic to heal half of a death strike).

Sacrifical Pact, I will add a macro about and how to use it shortly, but ultimately Raise Dead is a DPS cooldown and Sacrifical Pact in this sense is used for more DPS rather than the healing it provides. But in rare scenarios such as one where you are very low and unable to be healed (also without a Healthstone, Healing Potion as these should be used first) you can use that as your last resort option.

The Macro in question would be this:

#showtooltip 

/castsequence reset=61 Raise Dead, Sacrificial Pact

Where you would want to use this one button to both Raise Dead and cast Sacrifical Pact (dont spam the button as it will instantly blow up the ghoul!). Ideally you would want to Sacrifice it on the last second of the Ghoul being alive for more DPS. But like I said, this is DPS optimisation rather than survival which was your concern.

Without log data it would be difficult to understand the situation in full, but from what I can see the situation outlined should not really happen in the first instance, and you should still have other options to use before the ones outlined (Healthstone, Healing Potion, Calling out for healing, External cooldowns, Vamp Blood, IBF into Death Strike, Kyrian Pot?)

/Panthea

On 1/12/2021 at 1:06 PM, Guest hexor said:

Stacking Chains is considered average here? Lmao - i beg to differ

Depends entirely on the context of your Torghast run. I will add some comments to these powers as it's purely adding DPS for floors which are filled with mobs which is not a weakness of Blood DK in Torghast.

Guest Strom

Looking over the runecarving I was wondering how useful or Vampiric Aura would be in progression raiding or higher level mythic+?

Has anyone tried it out or ran sims on it as I haven't?

Guest Sirmicou

Hi, there is a mistake about Nadjia the Mistblade convenants & conduits for Blood DK. She has "Meat Shield" two times in her soulbinds but you can't activate two times the same in the game. Could you fixt that please ? :D

On 1/16/2021 at 3:23 PM, Guest Strom said:

Looking over the runecarving I was wondering how useful or Vampiric Aura would be in progression raiding or higher level mythic+?

Has anyone tried it out or ran sims on it as I haven't?

Hey!

Vampiric Aura is a very, very weak legendary, even for Mythic+. The gain for your group is small and infrequent, even with red thirst; M+ damage on the group, outside of very specific encounters, is in spikes, and they essentially never overlap with the usage of this legendary. On top of this, it has zero benefit to you.
There is, frankly, maybe one boss in M+ where this could have some use (Executor Tarvold), but it is not worth sacrificing for the entire key to do so.

In raids, it is obvious: it only affects your group rather than your entire raid, making it an instant no-pick as, if you were to rely on it, you'd need to cover the other 3 groups with other cooldowns - and no other cooldown has this pecularity.

2 hours ago, Guest Sirmicou said:

Hi, there is a mistake about Nadjia the Mistblade convenants & conduits for Blood DK. She has "Meat Shield" two times in her soulbinds but you can't activate two times the same in the game. Could you fixt that please ? 😄

Will fix, thank you for the report!

So, dumb thing i feel i should mention for race recommendations: for horde, vulpera is actually a surprisingly good pick here. Nose For TroubleNose For Trouble almost completely negates the need to use rune tap. so it easily allows for you to safely get your bone shield stacks up, just with a bit more risk following it. so with optimal play, it practically negates the need for rune tap on pull completely. 

also, Bag of TricksBag of Tricks is surprisingly strong in general. the damage is actually decently heafty, as well as the heal is very helpful for those odd times where you need to send an emergency heal to someone. (also, for what ever reason, the heal is a very small aoe around the target. i have no idea why)

Edited by ToasterWolf

Guest yungsen

Hello it appears you are recommending the wrong gem on the blood dk gem guide. 

On 5/17/2021 at 3:27 AM, Guest yungsen said:

Hello it appears you are recommending the wrong gem on the blood dk gem guide. 

Hi! Thank you for pointing this out. The feedback was forwarded to the writers and it should be fixed now.