FORUMS
positiv2

Balance Druid PvE

Guest TheLordMunzo

idk if  this is where I'm suppose to go to say this but Incarnation  is not useful for either single or multi-target. It becomes outshined but the effectiveness of the other two talents on its row.

I think there was a typo shouldn't it be "by the effectiveness" hope this helps and im not an idiot :)

Guest Snowman

The rotation section is absolutely garbage. Section 1.1 step 4: "Press your cooldown" . What? Which cooldown? There are lots of them. All of them? And then what? 

This ridiculous "rotation" amounts to the following:

1. Time a Starfire cast to finish. Oh good. You cast 1 Starfire. Nothing happens. No eclipse. Why? because you need TWO casts to actually trigger Eclipse. Out of the gate we have failed. Let's continue.
  2. Apply all dots. All of them? Are you sure? Moonfire/starfire/roots/starfall? Stupid.
  3. Get into solar eclipse to 90 energy. Why exactly? Why are we waiting? Starsurge BUFFS wrath the first time you use it. Why in the silly fudge would you WAIT until 90 energy to cast this? Dumb.
  4. Unload 3 starsurges. Okay. Again why. You screwed over your wrath spam to burst 3 starsurges?

Hot garbage. Who wrote this?

14 hours ago, HazeDimension said:

i like it and all but druid doesnt have iron feather anymore for war talents

13 hours ago, Guest TheLordMunzo said:

idk if  this is where I'm suppose to go to say this but Incarnation  is not useful for either single or multi-target. It becomes outshined but the effectiveness of the other two talents on its row.

I think there was a typo shouldn't it be "by the effectiveness" hope this helps and im not an idiot ?

Will be pushing an edit to fix these later today.

9 hours ago, Guest Snowman said:

The rotation section is absolutely garbage. Section 1.1 step 4: "Press your cooldown" . What? Which cooldown? There are lots of them. All of them? And then what? 

This ridiculous "rotation" amounts to the following:

1. Time a Starfire cast to finish. Oh good. You cast 1 Starfire. Nothing happens. No eclipse. Why? because you need TWO casts to actually trigger Eclipse. Out of the gate we have failed. Let's continue.
  2. Apply all dots. All of them? Are you sure? Moonfire/starfire/roots/starfall? Stupid.
  3. Get into solar eclipse to 90 energy. Why exactly? Why are we waiting? Starsurge BUFFS wrath the first time you use it. Why in the silly fudge would you WAIT until 90 energy to cast this? Dumb.
  4. Unload 3 starsurges. Okay. Again why. You screwed over your wrath spam to burst 3 starsurges?

Hot garbage. Who wrote this?

This is the opener to the rotation not the full rotation.  You precast a Starfire to get bonus Astral Power, you apply your damaging DoTs (Moonfire/Sunfire), cast the second Starfire to enter Solar Eclipse (increases the casting speed on Wrath to more easily reach 90 Astral Power), then you use your cooldown and chain 3-starsurges. You gain a stacking buff for your fillers each time you cast Starsurge which incentivizes chain casting them. You get to 90 Astral Power so you can get a huge bump to your opener by having more potent fillers.

As I said before, I will be updating to clarify these steps better but they are all accurate.

Hey everybody, just pushed an update for review. Once that is in, the guide should  be entirely up-to-date and accurate for the remainder of the pre-patch barring any unforseen changes or discoveries. Apologies for the delay, information at this time is limited due to the inaccessibility to simulations before the launch. 

Thank you for your patience.

Bora, can you please fix Heart of Darkness wrong link in your guide? Because the link that should point to this trait indicates a spell with the same name for the raid boss Vexiona. Also the Eclipse spell link in guide points to an older version of BFA.

Otherwise a great guide, thanks to the author.

Edited by MentatOs

15 hours ago, MentatOs said:

Bora, can you please fix Heart of Darkness wrong link in your guide? Because the link that should point to this trait indicates a spell with the same name for the raid boss Vexiona. Also the Eclipse spell link in guide points to an older version of BFA.

Otherwise a great guide, thanks to the author.

This is mostly on me. I'll do a pass on these today ?

Guest Ark

Hi,

is Torrent of Elements still the best Weapon Enchantment for Balance in 9.0.1 and Shadowlands ?

Hey,

As seen below, the multi-target section stops abruptly with a sentence being unfinished.

On Multi-target, there is a fair amount of

Optimizing the Starlord Rotation

On 11/11/2020 at 3:25 PM, Arcfell said:

Hey,

As seen below, the multi-target section stops abruptly with a sentence being unfinished.

On Multi-target, there is a fair amount of

Optimizing the Starlord Rotation

Thank you for flagging this. We are looking into fixing it.

Guest Rueful

Honestly, the entangling roots DoT anima power is probably the most broken thing in the entirety of our anima kit. Especially if you stack three of them. It absolutely melts the elites without even having to be in combat with them. Only the end boss has any sort of DR on it to be worried about and even then you knock off like a free 15% HP.

Guest Chance

Skoldus Hall is not available in week 2 of SL. As a Night Fae Balance druid, is Balance of all things worth waiting for? I have the pattern for Primordial Arcanic Pulsar. Should I craft that first instead or wait for Skoildus Hall?

On 11/28/2020 at 7:55 AM, Guest Rueful said:

Honestly, the entangling roots DoT anima power is probably the most broken thing in the entirety of our anima kit. Especially if you stack three of them. It absolutely melts the elites without even having to be in combat with them. Only the end boss has any sort of DR on it to be worried about and even then you knock off like a free 15% HP.

Entangling roots is really nice as a Crowd Control and has some very appealing powers. I would prefer to go with the more DoT centric or single target throughput options to best handle the final floor boss which is normally our biggest weakness (unless you have Night Fae Convoke powers)

On 11/29/2020 at 1:52 PM, Guest another30 said:

Lycara's Bargain is actually extremely powerful. just shapeshift to cancel movement debuff.

Last I had tested, you could NOT shift off that power. I will test it out this week if it is offered and see how I feel about it. The initial list is only a rough idea of what some of the more powerful anima powers could be.

10 hours ago, Guest Chance said:

Skoldus Hall is not available in week 2 of SL. As a Night Fae Balance druid, is Balance of all things worth waiting for? I have the pattern for Primordial Arcanic Pulsar. Should I craft that first instead or wait for Skoildus Hall?

I myself am probably waiting for the next round of tuning as they have already nerfed a few Legendary powers for other classes. BoaT (Balance of all Things) is just out of this world for Night Fae. It unlocks the Covenant ability and skyrockets it ahead of Kyrian on single target. I would probably wait and upgrade that and make a level 1 Pulsar after tuning if both made it through unscathed. If you are not 
worried about tuning like myself. You should have enough Soul Dust if you can at least complete one mission table to make both next week after your Torghast rounds. Im not 100% positive if you need the mission or if they offer additional supplementary Ash as if continues on its current trajectory, you will have 2430/2500 Soul Ash needed to craft both on week 3.

Guest Vexile

Well guys, i must say that this opener is absolute bs!

First of all, 2 GCDs and getting in to eclipse before you cast your dots is a HUGE waste of DPS and astral generation (if u use solstice). Applying sunfire and moonfire and then getting in to eclipse is the best way to generate DPS as well as astral power, no matter single or multi target. Also, dumping astral on 90 dosnt work. You can do it for the one eclipse but u cant do it for the other. Maintaining 2 usages of starsurge per astral power gives you consistent dmg increase.

I am pulling 7.5k dps on single target in mythic dungeons (opener, after that holds 5k) with 165 ilvl.

Guest Iri Bal Druid

I dunno, i don't feel like the kyrian covenant is the best choice at all if you have to rely on other people to maximize your dps. The fact you say single target with convoke the spirits is the only way to do high dps, do you even know your rotation? From the leveling guide it tells me no, i can hit 6-7k sustained dps single target or upto 10k dps aoe situations in mythic. People need to rewrite this guide with accurate information.

Guest Legendary stats

Which secondary stats should I take for Balance of all things? And which slot should I prefer for crafting (pants / feet)?

On 12/5/2020 at 7:46 AM, Guest Vexile said:

Well guys, i must say that this opener is absolute bs!

First of all, 2 GCDs and getting in to eclipse before you cast your dots is a HUGE waste of DPS and astral generation (if u use solstice). Applying sunfire and moonfire and then getting in to eclipse is the best way to generate DPS as well as astral power, no matter single or multi target. Also, dumping astral on 90 dosnt work. You can do it for the one eclipse but u cant do it for the other. Maintaining 2 usages of starsurge per astral power gives you consistent dmg increase.

I am pulling 7.5k dps on single target in mythic dungeons (opener, after that holds 5k) with 165 ilvl.

Hey so this is the basic opener. The only spell that takes priority over Eclipse is Starfall on multi-target. Solstice is not the biggest deal in the world and getting into Eclipse is more important than missing 1 or 2 Shooting Stars procs. You can normally get to 90 Astral Power after every opener sometimes even fitting in a fourth Starsurge inside a window. Mythic 0s are not entirely reliable content to judge power and technique.

On 12/5/2020 at 1:25 PM, Guest Iri Bal Druid said:

I dunno, i don't feel like the kyrian covenant is the best choice at all if you have to rely on other people to maximize your dps. The fact you say single target with convoke the spirits is the only way to do high dps, do you even know your rotation? From the leveling guide it tells me no, i can hit 6-7k sustained dps single target or upto 10k dps aoe situations in mythic. People need to rewrite this guide with accurate information.

The guide is largely written with intent to prepare a player for higher end content. I am of the belief that for most high end content, Kyrian will be better. Single target with Night Fae is great and Convoke is honestly an amazing spell and it was difficult to choose between the two Covenants but in the end, many high end moonkins were split based on what they believe would be better for the final bosses of the incoming raid as well as Mythic +. Relying on other people is definitely a negative of the Kyrian Covenant but that is talked about on the Covenant page. 

To put it most bluntly, when Convoke is good, its great. When Convoke is bad, it is awful. Kyrian is almost always consistently good.

8 hours ago, Guest Legendary stats said:

Which secondary stats should I take for Balance of all things? And which slot should I prefer for crafting (pants / feet)?

If you raid, the boots slot in raid is awful and the legs slot is best in slot. Boots will be best in the long run so that what I will be crafting. As far as stats are concerned, Haste / Mastery for Kyrian, and Vers / Mastery for Night Fae as Convoke does not scale with Haste.

I see in torghast guide that "Lycara's Bargain" anima power is mentioned as D tier. The slow effect might be anoying, but the best part is - once you shapeshift - slow effect is gone, but you always do 50% increased damage which is huge. In reality this is A or even S tier, especially if you combine this with Lycara's Sash, which promotes shapeshifting even more. 

This is really not a D tier anima power, it's very strong :)

Guest Jamor

For some reason I am not able to get your mouseover macros to register as proper macros when I paste them.  

I ended up doing something like this to get it to register as a proper macro.