FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Restoration Druid PvE

17 hours ago, jimyep said:

I think these are sometimes too focused on raids over dungeons, and some are not paying enough attention to what top players are using. Like in talent row 5 for dungeons, incarnation is clearly the worst pick, while top players use both cultivation and soul. So I'm not sure why cultivation is given the red X.

These are not focused on raids over dungeons. Talent section overview shows which talents are the best for either dungeons or raids. Tree is the best talent for raids, so it gets a check mark. SotF is the best talent for dungeons, so it gets the check mark. It really is that simple. This page is an introduction to talents, it even has links to both raid and mythic+ pages. If you followed through the links to my Mythic+ page, you'd see a huge red X on the Tree of Life there. 

About "top players". First of all, most of them are not even playing in pre-patch (9 out of top 10 from season 4 are not present on pre-patch leaderboard), so not sure where you got their opinions from. Second, even if we assume those current guys are are what you refer to as "top players", cursory look through the leaderboard shows overwhelming preference towards Soul of the Forest, and it's not even close. I even went ahead and checked the stream of #1 druid. He did 11 dungeons during his last session and played Soul of the Forest in all of them. 

On 10/24/2020 at 8:24 PM, Guest fistofcrazy said:

Typhoon is not available as a resto talent at lvl 35

Not sure what you wanted to say with this. 

Guest Rootmender

In the level 45 talents row, Overgrowth got a fat X, as the author stated it costs too much (30% of base mana) and has 1min cooldown. However, it only costs 600 mana on my 10k mana resto druid, so I'm not sure if it was changed or the page just has wrong information. Does that mean it could be more competitive, or Spring Blossoms and Inner Peace are still stronger options? I'm aware that Overgrowth is a one-target ability, so it might be a strong cooldown for tank healing.

19 hours ago, Guest Rootmender said:

In the level 45 talents row, Overgrowth got a fat X, as the author stated it costs too much (30% of base mana) and has 1min cooldown. However, it only costs 600 mana on my 10k mana resto druid, so I'm not sure if it was changed or the page just has wrong information. Does that mean it could be more competitive, or Spring Blossoms and Inner Peace are still stronger options? I'm aware that Overgrowth is a one-target ability, so it might be a strong cooldown for tank healing.

Your base Mana is 5 times lower than Maximum Mana. The 600 cost on lvl 50 is correct. For comparison, Rejuv costs 200, Lifebloom 147, 1/6th of Wild Growth is 73 and 1/3rd of Regrowth (HoT portion) - 113. Total is 533 which is lower than Overgrowth. Obviously, you save a GCD, but that's still not Mana efficient. 

It will be used in PvP, most definitely, but I do not think it will find a lot of use in PvE outside of very niche scenarios. When it will be usable, it will be extremely obvious due to other 2 options providing nothing.

Guest OUmSKILLS
On 10/26/2020 at 7:27 AM, Torty said:

Not sure what you wanted to say with this. 

In the easy mode guide, in the Talents sections, it has you choose Typhoon as the level 35 talent. This is not even one of the 3 options.

Yeah, the difference between Night Fae and second best is rather large. There were multiple nerfs to other covenants as well, which didn't help with the gap. 

• Like 1

On 11/20/2020 at 3:58 AM, Guest NeonSlowpoke said:

Do you ever use thrash when catweaving?

You do not have thrash with feral affinity, so that would be a no. 

Guest goofydragon

hey, i was wondering where i should use natures swiftness and didnt see it in this guide. Where do i use it and where is it in the guide if i missed it? thanks!

Sorry for that, it was very short in spells section before. I added recommendations to Rotation page, it should be updated within a day or so. 

Guest Sly

Curious why social butterfly + endurance conduit is recommended over empowered crysalis + finesse for dungeons/mythics? I would think the hp buffer from crysalis gained from your hot stack on the tank would be used quite often as druids can overheal quite a bit? I was thinking the crysalis would essentially give us more time to dps as well. My immediate thought was that the versatility benefit from social butterfly diminished being a non-major stat for resto. I do get that the finesse slot seems less valuable than endurance or potency, as that seems to be the case in general for classes I've played so far.

It doesn't really matter if versatility is a major stat or not. You just need to look at how much of it you are getting. If you manage to proc it somewhat reliably in your group, it will do more healing than Chrysalis, add damage and some minor mitigation. On top of that, it will also buff your dps players, which is the important part here. 

Chrysalis is overall pretty mediocre in dungeon content. You will not really be casting heals on full health people just to put a small shield on them, it's better to cast dps spells instead. 

• Thanks 1

Guest Raid Leggo update

December 10th patch notes

Restoration

• Vision of Unending Growth (Legendary Effect) will no longer consume Soul of the Forest (Talent).

Is "Vision of Unending Growth" a smart proc? EG, does it proc regrowth on injured targets if available or is it literally just any random person? If the latter, then I fail to see the value in it vs other legendary abilities that give you control of it.

Guest Bursting

The Bursting section mentions you may want to dispel stacks off the tank first, as they have more total health.  Wouldn't that be exactly why you *don't* want to dispel the tank first anymore, since they changed Bursting to scale with key level, and not player HP level?  You would usually want to dispel high stacks off squishier.

On 12/18/2020 at 3:07 AM, Guest Herc said:

So balance affinity seems to have an edge on dps atm?

By a little bit, yes. It also have an advantage of being ranged, but suffers from lack of dps on the move. 

On 12/19/2020 at 1:43 PM, Slythey said:

Is "Vision of Unending Growth" a smart proc? EG, does it proc regrowth on injured targets if available or is it literally just any random person? If the latter, then I fail to see the value in it vs other legendary abilities that give you control of it.

It's not smart like Wild Growth (which targets lowest health players), it works like Efflorescence. It will prefer targets without a Rejuvenation before anything else and it will go on damaged players before going on full Health players.

On 12/20/2020 at 4:47 AM, Guest Bursting said:

The Bursting section mentions you may want to dispel stacks off the tank first, as they have more total health.  Wouldn't that be exactly why you *don't* want to dispel the tank first anymore, since they changed Bursting to scale with key level, and not player HP level?  You would usually want to dispel high stacks off squishier.

You are correct. It does fixed damage, so generally you want to dispel a squishy player once the pack is dead, but you should still be dispelling a tank if only some mobs are dead. You do not want to have your tank using personals for something easily preventable like that. 

• Like 1

On 12/24/2020 at 4:50 AM, Slythey said:

Cultivation is written off too plainly here- it should be ? with a caveat. Grievous is a great week to run cultivation over soul.

There is no reason to play cultivation, SotF is a much better tool to get people out of Grievous range.