FORUMS
positiv2

Beast Mastery Hunter PvE

For the macro and/or legendary section, to use the soulforge embers legendary:

#showtooltip
/Use [@cursor]Tar Trap

#showtooltip Flare
/use [@cursor] Flare

I keybind both to a no frequently used button of the mouse. The same button for both but one with alt/shift/ctrl.

Another option is to use castsequence:

#showtooltip
/castsequence [@cursor]Tar Trap,Flare

Edited by Haldhur

On 12/5/2020 at 3:43 PM, Azortharion said:

Sorry for that, I replied now in the thread you linked!

No problem, was basically checking to see if maybe I did something wrong.  Thanks!

Guest netahlo

Hello, I have two question regarding the Torghast guide.

Is Soulforge Embers anima power worth picking if you already have the legendary item?

And why is Amplyfying Mirror listed as an F power? It seems that it would be quite good, since you have Misdirection on your pet active almost constantly.

18 hours ago, Guest netahlo said:

Hello, I have two question regarding the Torghast guide.

Is Soulforge Embers anima power worth picking if you already have the legendary item?

And why is Amplyfying Mirror listed as an F power? It seems that it would be quite good, since you have Misdirection on your pet active almost constantly.

Hey, still worth picking as the debuff is just doubled. 🙂

After the recent buffs to a lot of Anima Powers I am going over the list again so check back in tomorrow and you'll see Amplifying Mirror a lot higher, thanks for your feedback!

Guest Ooglyboo

When I launch my tar trap, my pet rushes in (really pisses off the tank). How can I keep that from happening without putting pet on passive, then having to switch back when fight starts?

On 12/20/2020 at 1:03 AM, Guest Ooglyboo said:

When I launch my tar trap, my pet rushes in (really pisses off the tank). How can I keep that from happening without putting pet on passive, then having to switch back when fight starts?

Hey there. This really shouldn't happen, are you using a macro for Tar Trap? If so, can I see it? Do you have anything else bound to the same key as Tar Trap?

Rare Patron

I wanted to see the order of importance of the Stats, the Guide lists 1) Haste, 2) Critical Strike, 3) Versatility, and 4) Mastery. It does not list at all Stamina and Agility. I am truly ignorant. I know nothing which is why I am reading the Guide.

Am I correct that Stamina and Agility are not listed because they do not matter?

Edited by Gymlea
typo

7 hours ago, Gymlea said:

I wanted to see the order of importance of the Stats, the Guide lists 1) Haste, 2) Critical Strike, 3) Versatility, and 4) Mastery. It does not list at all Stamina and Agility. I am truly ignorant. I know nothing which is why I am reading the Guide.

Am I correct that Stamina and Agility are not listed because they do not matter?

Hey. Agility is the most important stat by far, but it is "unavoidable" so to speak. Because all Hunter items aside from Rings and Necks come with Agility, you will never have to choose between a secondary stat like Haste, and a primary stat like Agility.

However there are many cases where you are presented with the choice of two items with equal item level, but they have different stats, which is where the stat priority is useful.

What I said for Agility can be applied to Stamina too.

I hope this helps.

Guest Gearing

Has BiS gear changed at all for BM since the drop of Castle raiding/gear? The BM page has not been updated as much as the MM guides.

Guest Are you even raiding

Or even PLAYING this expansion? Your page shows you at level 50.  I have no doubt that you are a good hunter, when you are playing.  But your "recommendations" on this page at best many of them are questionable. 

Are you really going to try and say that nothing has changed since November 27th?  That's nonsense. 

Have Icy Veins put someone on here that is actually playing this expansion to update this page if you don't want to put forth the effort to actually maintain it man. 

44 minutes ago, Guest Are you even raiding said:

Or even PLAYING this expansion? Your page shows you at level 50.  I have no doubt that you are a good hunter, when you are playing.  But your "recommendations" on this page at best many of them are questionable. 

Are you really going to try and say that nothing has changed since November 27th?  That's nonsense. 

Have Icy Veins put someone on here that is actually playing this expansion to update this page if you don't want to put forth the effort to actually maintain it man. 

Yep, I am playing during this expansion: Azortharíon - Character (worldofwarcraft.com)

The guide was last updated on December 16th, not November 27nd. I assume you're just talking about the Gear page, which is completely up-to-date for the information it provides, and new information with regards to raid BiS will follow shortly.

As far as balancing/tuning/numbers go, nothing has indeed changed for BM since the launch of the expansion that would alter any recommendations.

The validity of recommendations offered by the guide have nothing to do with whether I play the game or not (although I do, and quite a lot at that), they are based on numbers and facts which are independent of personal, anecdotal experience.

If there are any specific recommendations you are wondering about, I am open to discussing them.

Guest Vaylor

Does the Soulforge Embers legendary stack? If I were to get it on both the helm and Shoulders would it work in the same way the Soulforge Embers buff works in Torghast?

Guest BUT

You are playing as a marksmanship hunter.  Icy Veins needs to find someone dedicated to BM hunter.  This is exactly what a lot of us figured was going on. 

If you aren't going to main the spec then allow someone who is to actually write the page.

9 minutes ago, Guest BUT said:

You are playing as a marksmanship hunter.  Icy Veins needs to find someone dedicated to BM hunter.  This is exactly what a lot of us figured was going on. 

If you aren't going to main the spec then allow someone who is to actually write the page.

The quality of the guides is not determined by the current main spec of the person who writes it. If you have any serious, specific feedback, suggestions, or concerns about the guide, then I will be happy to address them for you.

Here are my BM Logs for the last patch of Battle for Azeroth. I am no stranger to BM Mechanics or playing it optimally.

9 hours ago, Guest Vaylor said:

Does the Soulforge Embers legendary stack? If I were to get it on both the helm and Shoulders would it work in the same way the Soulforge Embers buff works in Torghast?

You cannot wear two Legendary items at the same time, so this would not be possible.

However, the Legendary effect does stack with the Torghast effect.

Guest Vaylor
24 minutes ago, Azortharion said:

You cannot wear two Legendary items at the same time, so this would not be possible.

However, the Legendary effect does stack with the Torghast effect.

Wait what? We can only wear have 1 legendary at a time? Then what exactly is the point of gaining more Soul Ash if you already got a rank 4?

8 minutes ago, Guest Vaylor said:

Wait what? We can only wear have 1 legendary at a time? Then what exactly is the point of gaining more Soul Ash if you already got a rank 4?

That's correct. The point is to craft more, different Legendaries for different specs or types of content. ;D

Guest Leify

hey, can we get a note on the "Necrotic Venom" anima power? or plz just demote to F tier, i havent got it to function once as beast mastery, doesnt change tooltip or actual dmg on myself and other BM hunters.

Guest Raid tier list

Would it be possible to include the raid gear "bis" list also, similar to what you guys did with MM ? 

52 minutes ago, hairygoat said:

Hi mate, would it be possible to do a similar "bis" list that you did with MM including the raid gear and whatnot? thanks 🙂

Hey, can you elaborate? The current BiS List has Raid Gear just like MM, it is the same format.

Guest That guy

Will you please split the BIS charts up. Having the dungeon and raid all in one chart not only looks bad but also makes it very hard to read at a quick glance while items are up for a roll. Take a tip form the Prot Pally BIS charts and stop living up to the huntard name. Thank you.