FORUMS
positiv2

Marksmanship Hunter PvE

Guest Steve
Hello you should use dobble tap with rapid fire as soon as the boss is 70% alive or always with aim shot ?????

3 hours ago, Guest Steve said:

Hello you should use dobble tap with rapid fire as soon as the boss is 70% alive or always with aim shot ?????

The latest guide update addresses this. The most important thing is using Double Tap on cooldown. Careful Aim is not considered for Double Tap usage.

Guest Bùrge

Hi,

Are the soft caps for our stats listed anywhere at all? I'd be interested in knowing at what % haste hits a soft cap, or maybe even crit, for general knowledge.

41 minutes ago, Guest Bùrge said:

Hi,

Are the soft caps for our stats listed anywhere at all? I'd be interested in knowing at what % haste hits a soft cap, or maybe even crit, for general knowledge.

There are no soft caps for any stats in World of Warcraft that are worth reaching anymore. Or if there are (for other specs/classes), I do not know about them. Hunter has none of them for any spec.

Guest MM fan

Hello! I have question regarding mythic+ conduits - Spirit attunement or deadly chain is actually better to use?

10 hours ago, Guest MM fan said:

Hello! I have question regarding mythic+ conduits - Spirit attunement or deadly chain is actually better to use?

Hey, you should be picking Spirit Attunement for most Mythic+, but for super heavy AoE/Fortified high keys, you can pick Deadly Chain for the AOE boost (but less burst). But be prepared for less single-target DPS in that build.

Guest Slugger

No mention of Shadowcore Oil under the consumable section. 

They are cheap, persist for an hour and through death, and a steady source of increased DPS... apparently procs 6x per minute for extra shadow damage and can be combined with the existing weapon enchants.

Its not a huge boost, but free damage is still free damage.

3 hours ago, Guest Slugger said:

No mention of Shadowcore Oil under the consumable section. 

They are cheap, persist for an hour and through death, and a steady source of increased DPS... apparently procs 6x per minute for extra shadow damage and can be combined with the existing weapon enchants.

Its not a huge boost, but free damage is still free damage.

They are mentioned.
06a76461b6.png

Guest Genweas

Serpentstalker's Trickery has changed.  It only works on the primary target.  It's no longer triggering off multi-target Aimed Shots.

10 hours ago, Guest Genweas said:

Serpentstalker's Trickery has changed.  It only works on the primary target.  It's no longer triggering off multi-target Aimed Shots.

You can still multidot by casting Aimed Shot on multiple targets, which is what the guide is referring to. 

Guest Genweas
11 hours ago, Azortharion said:

You can still multidot by casting Aimed Shot on multiple targets, which is what the guide is referring to. 

Thank you! 

Guest Knagh

Aneri's Personal CC Tracker helps you track the duration of your Freezing Trap Icon Freezing Trap on a target, even if you are not targeting it right now

I wasn't able to get this weak aura working, seems like the code is too old:

"Data for 'Personal CC Tracker (multi-dynamic) DG' is too old, can't modernize"

So I went with Freezing Trap tracker (duration and CD, sound when broken) instead.  Thanks for the excellent guide!

Guest Mechaskorp

It would be nice to see the BiS page updated to include raid gear rather than just instance loot as it was last updated nearly a month ago.

14 hours ago, Guest Mechaskorp said:

It would be nice to see the BiS page updated to include raid gear rather than just instance loot as it was last updated nearly a month ago.

Should be up within the next 24 hours. 🙂

On 12/13/2020 at 11:23 PM, Guest Knagh said:

I wasn't able to get this weak aura working, seems like the code is too old:

"Data for 'Personal CC Tracker (multi-dynamic) DG' is too old, can't modernize"

So I went with Freezing Trap tracker (duration and CD, sound when broken) instead.  Thanks for the excellent guide!

I will find an alternative.

Guest kittybleu

question about the BiS list- the raid wep listed, is that kyrian only? (was trying to find it on wowhead) and if so, why put up the kyrain one when night fae is the most common (and i think recommended) covenant?

On 1/1/2021 at 1:30 AM, Guest kittybleu said:

question about the BiS list- the raid wep listed, is that kyrian only? (was trying to find it on wowhead) and if so, why put up the kyrain one when night fae is the most common (and i think recommended) covenant?

Sorry for getting back to you slowly.

I'll fix the guide to list the different Covenants' weapons to help this confusion.

Guest ryan92084

Just a heads up in the anima power section necrotic venom links to a mob ability not the anima power https://www.wowhead.com/spell=331192/necrotic-venom

2 hours ago, Guest purpii said:

Hi, can you provide an updated pawn string for stats ? Thanks !

Hey, Pawn is obsoleted by Raidbots Top Gear, there is no reason to use the addon (in fact it can be counterproductive in many cases) so we do not supply Pawn strings for it. Sorry.

Guest purpii
3 hours ago, Azortharion said:

Hey, Pawn is obsoleted by Raidbots Top Gear, there is no reason to use the addon (in fact it can be counterproductive in many cases) so we do not supply Pawn strings for it. Sorry.

Oh alright thanks !

Guest Dokaebi-Winterhoof

Hello, 

first of all thank you for continually updating this guide.

id like to ask about the secondary stat weighs. Ive noticed that between mastery and versatility that The % showed in the char tab can be misleading. 

The mastery % refers to the extra ranged gained. Not the % damage gained on ranged abilities. The damage gain is about half at 12 and 6% (well 6.90). Considering that if i go naked its a 20% flat damage increase. 

when i compare this to my vers. Where i have over 100 less vers. It shows 0.03% more damage than what my mastery gives me. 

is there a math formula for how much damage we get for say 100 mast/vers? 

i wonder why we would prio mastery when it appears that vers give us more % damage, while weighting It as a few more yard vs % damage reduction?

46 minutes ago, Guest Dokaebi-Winterhoof said:

Hello, 

first of all thank you for continually updating this guide.

id like to ask about the secondary stat weighs. Ive noticed that between mastery and versatility that The % showed in the char tab can be misleading. 

The mastery % refers to the extra ranged gained. Not the % damage gained on ranged abilities. The damage gain is about half at 12 and 6% (well 6.90). Considering that if i go naked its a 20% flat damage increase. 

when i compare this to my vers. Where i have over 100 less vers. It shows 0.03% more damage than what my mastery gives me. 

is there a math formula for how much damage we get for say 100 mast/vers? 

i wonder why we would prio mastery when it appears that vers give us more % damage, while weighting It as a few more yard vs % damage reduction?

It takes 40 Versatility to increase your damage by 1%, but only 25 Mastery to increase your damage by the same amount. Versatility covers EVERYTHING, while Mastery only covers your abilities however, but this still comes out in Mastery's favour.