FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Arcane Mage PvE

Guest Taelorah

I think Runecloth Wrappings may need to be moved up in tier for Arcane Mage in Torghast.

Currently, if you cast Arcane Blast with the buff from Greater Invisibility ending, it still counts as during Invisible for purposes of the damage boost.  So if you pull the boss with Gift of the Magi after using Mirror Image, then cast Arcane Power and Presence of Mind, followed by Greater Invisibility, you can get 2-3 instant Arcane Blasts with +2000% damage on the boss before the buff expires.

I was able to two shot a boss on Layer 4 with two 178k Blasts and still had time for the third, none of my other powers even mattered at that point.

On 12/12/2020 at 11:51 PM, Guest Taelorah said:

I think Runecloth Wrappings may need to be moved up in tier for Arcane Mage in Torghast.

Currently, if you cast Arcane Blast with the buff from Greater Invisibility ending, it still counts as during Invisible for purposes of the damage boost.  So if you pull the boss with Gift of the Magi after using Mirror Image, then cast Arcane Power and Presence of Mind, followed by Greater Invisibility, you can get 2-3 instant Arcane Blasts with +2000% damage on the boss before the buff expires.

I was able to two shot a boss on Layer 4 with two 178k Blasts and still had time for the third, none of my other powers even mattered at that point.

Hi,

You are right that this is an extremely strong trait and I will be updating the page to reflect this.

Thank you for your feedback!

Guest Koops
On 12/12/2020 at 11:51 PM, Guest Taelorah said:

Same here, i could reproduce it many times with 2 blast and basically oneshot the boss xD getting this power pretty much means win the level.

Guest Koops

I have been checking the builds of the top mage arcane in raider io(basically any player is in here even if the person dont have the addon) and almost all build the legendary in the boots socket. Do you know the reasoning behind this?

I know a tip is building in ring or one of the powerfull item(chest/head/shoulders), but i dont find a reason for building it in boots.

Thanks in advance

20 hours ago, Guest Koops said:

I have been checking the builds of the top mage arcane in raider io(basically any player is in here even if the person dont have the addon) and almost all build the legendary in the boots socket. Do you know the reasoning behind this?

I know a tip is building in ring or one of the powerfull item(chest/head/shoulders), but i dont find a reason for building it in boots.

Thanks in advance

Hi,

I assume you are talking about Bombardment legendary? This one goes in Cloak or on Boots, and since there is a higher item level cloak from Stone Legion Generals, but no boots at that item level, crafting it on boots yields for the highest total item level.

Guest azuraji

In the Conserve Phase, it says:

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. Cast Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles when Clearcasting Icon Clearcasting procs, unless you plan to go into the burn phase within the next 10 seconds, or plan to use Touch of the Magi Icon Touch of the Magi within 10 seconds.
  4. Cast Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles when Touch of the Magi Icon Touch of the Magi is active on your target.

In item #4, wouldn't casting AM without Clearcasting defeat the purpose of regenerating your mana during this phase? AM is a very expensive spell if not cast during CC.

10 hours ago, Guest azuraji said:

In the Conserve Phase, it says:

1. ...
  2. ...
  3. Cast Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles when Clearcasting Icon Clearcasting procs, unless you plan to go into the burn phase within the next 10 seconds, or plan to use Touch of the Magi Icon Touch of the Magi within 10 seconds.
  4. Cast Arcane Missiles Icon Arcane Missiles when Touch of the Magi Icon Touch of the Magi is active on your target.

In item #4, wouldn't casting AM without Clearcasting defeat the purpose of regenerating your mana during this phase? AM is a very expensive spell if not cast during CC.

Hi!

This is definitely true, it is quite an expensive spell, which is why Touch of the Magi is often referred to as a "mini burn" phase. The conserve phase isn't as punishing anymore nowadays as it used to be since Arcane Barrage gives mana back, so we have a bit of room to burn a bit of extra mana here and there, which is perfect for Touch of the Magi mini burns.

Thanks for the great guide!

Minor suggestion, you mention Prismatic Barrier but with i think incorrect info - these days its 25sec cooldown and 60 seconds duration and its on the global cooldown.

On 1/16/2021 at 12:27 AM, Bogdanov89 said:

Thanks for the great guide!

Minor suggestion, you mention Prismatic Barrier but with i think incorrect info - these days its 25sec cooldown and 60 seconds duration and its on the global cooldown.

Hiya,

Thanks for your feedback.

I will be updating the description of the spell. The fix for this should be live soon.

Thanks for pointing it out.

• Like 1

Guest Shley

Just a question. This page used to say the the best covenant for Arcane Mage was Night Fae. Has this been updated, and no longer the case.

Guest Ifiremissles

So much of this is dated and false. Needs major over haul.

I'm currently Kyrian with Harmony. It does insane damage with radiant spark. I routinely get 120k + crits with barrage which translates into juicy TotM hits around 70k mark. 

You CAN do both single target and AOE damage. You do not have to choose one. Arcane is in a rare position in which all four covenants are completely viable (especially with recent Venthyr and necro buffs). Play what you enjoy. Kyrian is pretty nasty and radiant spark cool down is short.

3 hours ago, Guest Ifiremissles said:

So much of this is dated and false. Needs major over haul.

I'm currently Kyrian with Harmony. It does insane damage with radiant spark. I routinely get 120k + crits with barrage which translates into juicy TotM hits around 70k mark. 

You CAN do both single target and AOE damage. You do not have to choose one. Arcane is in a rare position in which all four covenants are completely viable (especially with recent Venthyr and necro buffs). Play what you enjoy. Kyrian is pretty nasty and radiant spark cool down is short.

Hi!

Kyrian is not a bad choice whatsoever, and multiple covenants are quite close for Arcane, so in that sense, Arcane Mages do have more flexibility than most other specs do. But Necrolord Emeni is still generally going to be the best for most situations. That doesn't mean Harmony + Kyrian is a bad choice, but the highest critical strike you can get does not really mean it is going to do the best overall DPS.

If you are getting good results as Kyrian and enjoy it more, it is definitely not a bad choice.

On 3/17/2021 at 8:04 PM, Guest Shley said:

Just a question. This page used to say the the best covenant for Arcane Mage was Night Fae. Has this been updated, and no longer the case.

Hi!

This is correct, in 9.0.5. the best Covenant changed due to buffs to various Covenants, including Necrolord.

Guest phanie

Under the #2 section on the Mythic+ tips page, there is a link with text saying "Beast Mastery Hunter Talents." Think this might be an error.. 🙃

16 hours ago, Guest phanie said:

Under the #2 section on the Mythic+ tips page, there is a link with text saying "Beast Mastery Hunter Talents." Think this might be an error.. 🙃

Hi Phanie,

This is definitely an error, thanks for letting me know! This will be fixed asap!

Cheers

Hello Dutchmagoz. Thank you very much for your work on this guide; I've learned a lot from it.

There's one thing that's really confusing me, though: section 4.2. Arcane Charges: Understanding Your Mana Pool says in the end, "Finally, during the Burn phase the intent is to permanently remain at maximum Arcane Charges until your Mana pool is entirely depleted," which is exactly what I would've guessed for the Arcane spec. However, in section 2.1. The Burn Phase, and even in section 3.1. High Burst AoE Combo, the very first priority is Arcane Barrage, which literally means dumping all 4 of your Arcane Charges.

So, I find myself quite confused here: How can my intent during the Burn Phase be to permanently remain at maximum Arcane Charges until my mana pool is entirely depleted if my number one priority during the Burn Phase is to dump all my Arcane Charges? 

10 hours ago, Rok said:

Hello Dutchmagoz. Thank you very much for your work on this guide; I've learned a lot from it.

There's one thing that's really confusing me, though: section 4.2. Arcane Charges: Understanding Your Mana Pool says in the end, "Finally, during the Burn phase the intent is to permanently remain at maximum Arcane Charges until your Mana pool is entirely depleted," which is exactly what I would've guessed for the Arcane spec. However, in section 2.1. The Burn Phase, and even in section 3.1. High Burst AoE Combo, the very first priority is Arcane Barrage, which literally means dumping all 4 of your Arcane Charges.

So, I find myself quite confused here: How can my intent during the Burn Phase be to permanently remain at maximum Arcane Charges until my mana pool is entirely depleted if my number one priority during the Burn Phase is to dump all my Arcane Charges? 

Hi Rok,

I agree that that definitely seems confusing. However, those Arcane Barrages have the condition of only being used while Touch of the Magi is ready, which gives you 4 stacks of Arcane Charges. 

This means that you start the burn by dropping charges with a hard hitting Arcane Barrage, and then instantly get them back via Touch of the Magi. After that, you do not cast Arcane Barrage again until the burn is over. 

This is to avoid the 4 free charges from Touch of the Magi being wasted. 

Let me know if you have any other questions!

Guest Jklmp06

Links for raid/mythic+/thorgast conduits are broken, I can't open them

53 minutes ago, Guest Jklmp06 said:

Links for raid/mythic+/thorgast conduits are broken, I can't open them

Hey! Thanks for flagging this. It should be fixed shortly.

Guest Possebão
  1. Use Shimmer Icon Shimmer or Blink Icon Blink to get into melee range of the pack
  2. Cast Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power or Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power if it is ready and you do not need to hold on to it for the next pack or boss
  3. Cast Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage if you are still on 4 Arcane Charges from the previous pack
  4. Cast Arcane Orb Icon Arcane Orb
  5. Cast Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage
  6. Cast Touch of the Magi Icon Touch of the Magi
  7. Cast Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage
  8. Cast Shifting Power Icon Shifting Power (if Night Fae, otherwise the combo ends here)
  9. Cast Arcane Orb Icon Arcane Orb (in some cases, especially with high haste, Arcane Orb will not be back up here, in which case, you should Arcane Explosion Icon Arcane Explosion 4x -> Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage, and then Arcane Orb)
  10. Cast Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage
  11. Continue the standard AoE rotation with 4x Arcane Explosion Icon Arcane Explosion -> Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage.

my suggestion is to first cast Touch of the Magi Icon Touch of the Magi and after arcane orb, so the Touch of the Magi Icon Touch of the Magi spell can accumulate more damage. So the high aoe combo would be like this:

12. Use Shimmer Icon Shimmer or Blink Icon Blink to get into melee range of the pack
  13. Cast Rune of Power Icon Rune of Power or Arcane Power Icon Arcane Power if it is ready and you do not need to hold on to it for the next pack or boss
  14. Cast Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage if you are still on 4 Arcane Charges from the previous pack
  15. Cast Touch of the Magi Icon Touch of the Magi
  16. Cast Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage
  17. Cast Arcane Orb Icon Arcane Orb
  18. Cast Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage
  19. Cast Shifting Power Icon Shifting Power (if Night Fae, otherwise the combo ends here)
  20. Cast Arcane Orb Icon Arcane Orb (in some cases, especially with high haste, Arcane Orb will not be back up here, in which case, you should Arcane Explosion Icon Arcane Explosion 4x -> Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage, and then Arcane Orb)
  21. Cast Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage
  22. Continue the standard AoE rotation with 4x Arcane Explosion Icon Arcane Explosion -> Arcane Barrage Icon Arcane Barrage.

Guest Hime

which is a caster is usually

the first "is" should be "as". Found in the Mythic+ section

On 8/7/2021 at 12:00 AM, Guest Hime said:

the first "is" should be "as". Found in the Mythic+ section

Thanks for flagging it!

Guest Cheeky Monkey

How does the AoE rotation change if I am not running Harmonic Echo?  Would I not use radiant spark?  Use Radiant spark inside of Touch of the Magi?  Or change the Radiant Spark rotation to the AoE rotation (ABr Orb Abr Orb Abr)?

21 hours ago, Guest Cheeky Monkey said:

How does the AoE rotation change if I am not running Harmonic Echo?  Would I not use radiant spark?  Use Radiant spark inside of Touch of the Magi?  Or change the Radiant Spark rotation to the AoE rotation (ABr Orb Abr Orb Abr)?

Hi!

Without Harmonic Echo, you simply apply Radiant Spark and then do arcane explosion / barrage rotation, not doing any arcane blasts.

You would do rune of power -> radiant spark -> then aoe like normal, using explosion and not arcane blast.

In the FAQ on when to enter the burn phase it states that there are "no requirements in regards to Evocation. But it mentions nowhere that you should in fact use it before your burn regardless or your current mana if you're using Siphon Storm so you have that extra 14% damage during your burn.

20 hours ago, Artrysa said:

In the FAQ on when to enter the burn phase it states that there are "no requirements in regards to Evocation. But it mentions nowhere that you should in fact use it before your burn regardless or your current mana if you're using Siphon Storm so you have that extra 14% damage during your burn.

Hi! You are correct, this FAQ section was still using the old (non siphon storm) conditions. I have updated it locally now and it will be live on the website soon.