FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Fire Mage PvE

Guest Kitadev

Hi ! I think the "pre-cast pyroblast did crit" and "pre-cast pyroblast did not crit" sections are mixed up.

Good info though, gonna start building that muscle memory on the training posts tomorrow. 

Thanks !

On 12/24/2020 at 10:48 PM, Guest Kitadev said:

Hi ! I think the "pre-cast pyroblast did crit" and "pre-cast pyroblast did not crit" sections are mixed up.

Good info though, gonna start building that muscle memory on the training posts tomorrow. 

Thanks !

Hi,

You are completely correct, thanks for pointing it out. I will update this asap.

Thanks!

Guest Avalinda

Thanks for this guide - it's super helpful. I have a question about Shifting Power on raid bosses where the ranged stack has to be more than 18 yards away from the boss for mechanical purposes. Is it worth using Shifting Power on nothing (and sacrificing a couple of fireball casts) when out of combustion, rune of power, and fire blast charges just for the CD reduction?

My super quick, back of the envelope math indicates it IS worth it on Sludgefist to make sure Combustion is available for the double damage window, but on other bosses, it is NOT worth it. I could be totally wrong on that though, and I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts.

19 hours ago, Guest Avalinda said:

Thanks for this guide - it's super helpful. I have a question about Shifting Power on raid bosses where the ranged stack has to be more than 18 yards away from the boss for mechanical purposes. Is it worth using Shifting Power on nothing (and sacrificing a couple of fireball casts) when out of combustion, rune of power, and fire blast charges just for the CD reduction?

My super quick, back of the envelope math indicates it IS worth it on Sludgefist to make sure Combustion is available for the double damage window, but on other bosses, it is NOT worth it. I could be totally wrong on that though, and I'd love to hear anyone else's thoughts.

Hi,

Your initial back of the envelope math is spot on. If the shifting power gives you a full extra Combustion, it is worth doing, but otherwise it is not. This, in practice, means it is not worth doing outside of Sludgefist, and very specific kill lengths.

Guest expomonkey

Hey, in section 2, the torghast conduit tree you posted has a kyrian conduit in the first potency slot: 

Fire Mage Niya Torghast tree

https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/soulbind-calculator?night-fae?niya?mage?1=322721?3-337058-9?6=342270?10-336636-9?14=320687?16-337136-9?19-341325-9?22=320660?

On 1/2/2021 at 6:23 AM, Guest expomonkey said:

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback, I will get this fixed asap.

Thanks!

Guest tseuG

The anima power tiering is bad, IMHO. Probably should update it now for Twisting Corridors.

Bottled Tesseract is far from F tier. It's easily pretty good for survivability. But it becomes very powerful when combined with Timeweaver's Needle, especially if you have more than one stack of each. Just pop Alter Time right before combustion and your Fireblast will have a 2-5 sec CD only during the entire duration of Alter time, on top of reducing the CD of Alter time itself to around 30 secs.

With enough stacks of both, you can be in a permanent timeloop of Alter Time and Combustion; so you don't die and you have crazy high dmg. If you add Echoes of Elissande to the mix, you also move super fast and the spells have no CD at all.

And if you picked Fire Juggler too... then it becomes broken as you can perma CC any enemy during your burst window. Fire Juggler is easily S tier for fire mage.

Really broken combo; I could do layer 8 using these even with trashy 150 ilvl. The final boss literally flew outside of castable range for a few secs from spamming Fire Blast and didn't touch the ground till it was dead.

--------------------------------

Moreover, Firestarter is actually great in Torghast. You have essentially 1 free crit pyro every time you target a new mob. It is extremely potent with Runecloth Wrappings and/or Seeker's scroll. You can one-shot most bosses if you stack these; because you are guaranteeing a crit on your biggest hitting spell. 90k - 200k crit fireballs are not uncommon, but you could hit even higher than that in Twisting Corridors.

On 1/6/2021 at 9:52 PM, Guest tseuG said:

The anima power tiering is bad, IMHO. Probably should update it now for Twisting Corridors.

Bottled Tesseract is far from F tier. It's easily pretty good for survivability. But it becomes very powerful when combined with Timeweaver's Needle, especially if you have more than one stack of each. Just pop Alter Time right before combustion and your Fireblast will have a 2-5 sec CD only during the entire duration of Alter time, on top of reducing the CD of Alter time itself to around 30 secs.

With enough stacks of both, you can be in a permanent timeloop of Alter Time and Combustion; so you don't die and you have crazy high dmg. If you add Echoes of Elissande to the mix, you also move super fast and the spells have no CD at all.

And if you picked Fire Juggler too... then it becomes broken as you can perma CC any enemy during your burst window. Fire Juggler is easily S tier for fire mage.

Really broken combo; I could do layer 8 using these even with trashy 150 ilvl. The final boss literally flew outside of castable range for a few secs from spamming Fire Blast and didn't touch the ground till it was dead.

--------------------------------

Moreover, Firestarter is actually great in Torghast. You have essentially 1 free crit pyro every time you target a new mob. It is extremely potent with Runecloth Wrappings and/or Seeker's scroll. You can one-shot most bosses if you stack these; because you are guaranteeing a crit on your biggest hitting spell. 90k - 200k crit fireballs are not uncommon, but you could hit even higher than that in Twisting Corridors.

Hi,

You make a lot of valid points, and with the opening of Twisted Corridors the "meta" of Torghast has definitely changed. I will be going over the anima powers / Torghast suggestions over the next couple of days to rework some of the sections / tier lists to better match this new meta.

Thank you for your feedback!

Guest Moose

Hey,

Is start Priority Really Intellect, Haste, Versitality? not Intellect, Haste and Mastery?

Guest Valkorn

Hello !

Why is this important to use your Soul Igniter (trinket) during combustion ? It doesn't provide you any bonus since combustion is all about your spells no ?

Thanks

Guest Valkorn

Sorry for double posting, but I've another question about this trinket. Why during a fight at the third use, it's impossible to reactivate the it and you must wait the end of its whole duration ?

Thanks for your help

Thanks for the guide.

Can you please explain what do you mean by "hard-casting" Flamestrike in the multi target rotation part of the guide?

I am unclear as to how does this hard-cast Flamestrike fit into the rotation... do we use it instead of Fireball?

Sorry i dont understand what exactly you mean by hard-casting flamestrike.

On 1/13/2021 at 7:23 PM, Guest Moose said:

Hey,

Is start Priority Really Intellect, Haste, Versitality? not Intellect, Haste and Mastery?

Hi!

The stat priority is pretty dynamic, as it changes based on what stats you have more or less of. The Int >> haste > vers one is generally correct though, but we do strongly advice simming your own character for the best results.

22 hours ago, Guest Valkorn said:

Hello !

Why is this important to use your Soul Igniter (trinket) during combustion ? It doesn't provide you any bonus since combustion is all about your spells no ?

Thanks

Hi!

You are correct that Soul Igniter itself does not benefit from Combustion, however the conduit Infernal Cascade Infernal Cascade and the legendary effect Fevered Incantation Fevered Incantation are both at max stacks during Combustion, and both of those do work on Soul Igniter

21 hours ago, Guest Valkorn said:

Sorry for double posting, but I've another question about this trinket. Why during a fight at the third use, it's impossible to reactivate the it and you must wait the end of its whole duration ?

Thanks for your help

This is a good question. This from what I've experienced is simply a bug. You can work around it with using the following macro to reactivate it instead of pressing it a second time:

#showtooltip
/use 14
/cancelaura soul ignition

The first time you press it, it will activate the trinket, and the second time it will re-activate it, even if the bug occurs where normal reactivation doesn't work.

18 hours ago, Bogdanov89 said:

Thanks for the guide.

Can you please explain what do you mean by "hard-casting" Flamestrike in the multi target rotation part of the guide?

I am unclear as to how does this hard-cast Flamestrike fit into the rotation... do we use it instead of Fireball?

Sorry i dont understand what exactly you mean by hard-casting flamestrike.

Hi!

When I say "Hardcasting" Flamestrike, I mean casting Flamestrike without a Hot Streak proc, so simply casting the 3 second cast manually without making it instant. In practice it means replacing Fireball for Flamestrike.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Dutchmagoz said:

This is a good question. This from what I've experienced is simply a bug. You can work around it with using the following macro to reactivate it instead of pressing it a second time:

#showtooltip
/use 14
/cancelaura soul ignition

The first time you press it, it will activate the trinket, and the second time it will re-activate it, even if the bug occurs where normal reactivation doesn't work.

It works ! Thanks mate

On 1/15/2021 at 5:28 AM, Dutchmagoz said:

Hi!

When I say "Hardcasting" Flamestrike, I mean casting Flamestrike without a Hot Streak proc, so simply casting the 3 second cast manually without making it instant. In practice it means replacing Fireball for Flamestrike.

Thank you for this.  Would you recommend using fire blast, fire blast, then Flamestrike?  Basically just waiting to get the free crits to get a hotstreak on Flamestrike, and otherwise just casting Flamestrike over and over until you can pop 2 fireblasts to make it instant?

Edit for better wording:  Cast flamestrikes unless we have 2 fireblasts up.  If we have 2 fireblasts, pop those to get the hot streak and get the insta-cast.  Continue to hardcast until we have 2 fireblasts ready. 

Edited by RisNeo

3 hours ago, RisNeo said:

Thank you for this.  Would you recommend using fire blast, fire blast, then Flamestrike?  Basically just waiting to get the free crits to get a hotstreak on Flamestrike, and otherwise just casting Flamestrike over and over until you can pop 2 fireblasts to make it instant?

Edit for better wording:  Cast flamestrikes unless we have 2 fireblasts up.  If we have 2 fireblasts, pop those to get the hot streak and get the insta-cast.  Continue to hardcast until we have 2 fireblasts ready. 

Yes, this is exactly what you should be doing. Just make sure you cast the 2 Fire Blasts during a Flamestrike cast to not lose any uptime on casting.

26 minutes ago, Guest guest said:

Hello, 3d pvp talent is missing since long time

Hi,

Thank you for your feedback. I have applied a fix for this which will go live soon.

The third talent that will be added is Controlled Burn. which increases the pace at which your Ignite
deals damage, which is a great damage booster in outdoor content where most enemies
do not live the full duration of Ignite.

Thanks!

Guest Zanzibar

Why do you suggest crafting A legendary ring for using the disciplinary command? would bracer's not be slightly higher for stats? Not disagreeing just generally curious. Thanks!

Guest No Mythic+ Lego

"2. Best Legendaries for Fire Mage" lists Raiding 2 times and Chorghast instead of Raiding, Mythic+, Chorghast.

On 3/12/2021 at 6:01 PM, Guest Zanzibar said:

Why do you suggest crafting A legendary ring for using the disciplinary command? would bracer's not be slightly higher for stats? Not disagreeing just generally curious. Thanks!

Hi!

This is suggested because even with Bracers having Intellect, Rings still have a higher stat budget than Bracers. (much more secondary stats, outweighing the Intellect loss)