FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Fire Mage PvE

On 3/13/2021 at 5:52 PM, Guest No Mythic+ Lego said:

"2. Best Legendaries for Fire Mage" lists Raiding 2 times and Chorghast instead of Raiding, Mythic+, Chorghast.

Hi!

You are correct, I will fix this asap!

Thanks for your feedback.

Guest Anduine-Onyxia

hey! is the stat priority the same for the new suggested legendary or is it the same before?

On 3/16/2021 at 4:45 PM, Guest Anduine-Onyxia said:

hey! is the stat priority the same for the new suggested legendary or is it the same before?

Hi, the stat priority with or without Fevered/ Incanation or Disciplinary Command is the same order. The only difference is that crit becomes better (but still around last) with Fevered Incanation.

It is worth noting however, that stat priorities are just a very rough guideline, and I strongly suggest using top gear sims for your own character over looking at predetermined stat priorities.

Guest Dorito

Hi, in 5.1 Usage of Combustion you say 

5.Repeat this chain of Pyroblast + Fire Blast until you run out of Fire Blasts.

6.Continue chaining Pyroblasts and Fire Blasts until you are out of Fire Blast charges.

But is this actualy accurate? Dont you want to prolong as much as possible cascade.

So you'll want to only use fireblast, after you got 2 stacks of cascade, after at least one phoenix flames so you can extend the 2 stacks of cascade. Trying for then to end up with a fireblast so you'll have 2 stacks of cascade even after ur combustion ended, and then ultimatly dragons breath for max dmg ??

17 hours ago, Guest Dorito said:

Hi, in 5.1 Usage of Combustion you say 

5.Repeat this chain of Pyroblast + Fire Blast until you run out of Fire Blasts.

6.Continue chaining Pyroblasts and Fire Blasts until you are out of Fire Blast charges.

But is this actualy accurate? Dont you want to prolong as much as possible cascade.

So you'll want to only use fireblast, after you got 2 stacks of cascade, after at least one phoenix flames so you can extend the 2 stacks of cascade. Trying for then to end up with a fireblast so you'll have 2 stacks of cascade even after ur combustion ended, and then ultimatly dragons breath for max dmg ??

Hi!

You are correct. The use described there is the "standard" combustion usage. However, with infernal cascade this is more advanced. I go over this more advanced rotation here: https://www.icy-veins.com/wow/fire-mage-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities#advanced-opener

However, I will also update the standard combustion section to include this so it's not just listed in the advanced section.

Guest Zanzibar
On 3/15/2021 at 10:55 AM, Dutchmagoz said:

Hi!

This is suggested because even with Bracers having Intellect, Rings still have a higher stat budget than Bracers. (much more secondary stats, outweighing the Intellect loss)

Awesome thanks for the In depth Explanation.

Guest Guest Jayne

Great guide! 

Possible typo under 5.1 Combustion Usage. 

Under line 5, bullet 3 when you have neither heating up nor hot streak, I think its supposed to be "Combustion + fire blast", not "Combustion+fireball".

3 hours ago, Guest Guest Jayne said:

Great guide! 

Possible typo under 5.1 Combustion Usage. 

Under line 5, bullet 3 when you have neither heating up nor hot streak, I think its supposed to be "Combustion + fire blast", not "Combustion+fireball".

You are correct, thanks for pointing it out! I'll fix this asap.

Just a heads up, but your "Single Target" and "Multi Target" stat priorities are exactly the same. Just have the one then. Incidentally, they are also completely different from both the Single and Multi target stat priorities in the "Easy Mode" section. 

For now I've gone with the one version for my add-on, taken from the stat priorities section.

Edited by Wyr3d

21 hours ago, Wyr3d said:

Just a heads up, but your "Single Target" and "Multi Target" stat priorities are exactly the same. Just have the one then. Incidentally, they are also completely different from both the Single and Multi target stat priorities in the "Easy Mode" section. 

For now I've gone with the one version for my add-on, taken from the stat priorities section.

Hi,

You are correct. I have updated this, and it should be live soon.

Thanks for your feedback!

Uncommon Patron

Hello, thank you for the guide! I just wanted to let you know that the link to the Dreamweaver soulbind calculator has a missing colon after the https, so it doesn't currently work (I just added it and it loaded fine afterwards though). 

9 hours ago, Calyska said:

Hello, thank you for the guide! I just wanted to let you know that the link to the Dreamweaver soulbind calculator has a missing colon after the https, so it doesn't currently work (I just added it and it loaded fine afterwards though). 

Hi,

Thanks for pointing it out. I have fixed this and the fix should be live soon!

Cheers,

Dutchmagoz

• Like 1

Guest JoshNS

Shimmer says its functions the exact same as blink, this is not correct. Blink removes stuns shimmer does not. 

On 7/17/2021 at 5:03 AM, Guest JoshNS said:

Shimmer says its functions the exact same as blink, this is not correct. Blink removes stuns shimmer does not. 

Hi!

On the talent page I describe that it functions the same, except that it does not interrupt spellcasting, and it does not break stuns.
Did you find it mentioned anywhere where the caveat is not added?

Thanks for feedback!

On 1/9/2022 at 9:42 PM, Bucks01 said:

It would be helpful to remove soul  igniter as no one is using that anymore and wont be going forward

This is a fair argument, I'll be removing it for the 9.2 update, as some people might still be using it currently while gearing up for 9.1 content.

Guest Fhunny

Hey, due to me liking the covenant ability so much I was wondering, can fire mages do fine in necrolord? I am not hardcore but I do still want to do good, I like the necrolord ability a lot and was wondering if it can be viable for fire mage.

On 5/6/2022 at 6:02 PM, Guest Fhunny said:

Hey, due to me liking the covenant ability so much I was wondering, can fire mages do fine in necrolord? I am not hardcore but I do still want to do good, I like the necrolord ability a lot and was wondering if it can be viable for fire mage.

Hiya!

This is really gonna depend on your definition of "viable". Necolord is going to do around 5% less dps on single target than venthyr or night fae. For multi-target situations, it's actually quite competitive on lower counts like 2-4 targets, although night fae really is king on like 5+ targets.

I think in most situations Necolord will be completely fine. It'll be hard to be a top parser as Necrolord, but you can definitely perform within 5-10% of the other covenants in practically all situations!

Guest needs to be updated

with the tier set from 9.2 pyromaniac is 100% a reliable chocie as more hotstreaks= more chance to proc the tier set

On 7/3/2022 at 5:31 PM, Guest needs to be updated said:

with the tier set from 9.2 pyromaniac is 100% a reliable chocie as more hotstreaks= more chance to proc the tier set

Hi!

Pyromaniacs is definitely a bit better than it was during the rest of the expansion, however, generally speaking Searing Touch still outperforms it and it comes with the benefit of more mobility. However, if you prefer the playstyle of pyromaniac it is not a significant dps loss to use it over hot streak.

Guest Fire Magician

I think this guide should go a bit more in-depth on the Sun King Bracers legendary. It doesn't mention that you can proc it with FlameStrike. It doesn't mention the interaction of SKB Combustion and normal Combustion and how they affect the duration depending on when which is proc'd. These are very important things to know. 

On 8/9/2022 at 6:24 PM, Guest Fire Magician said:

I think this guide should go a bit more in-depth on the Sun King Bracers legendary. It doesn't mention that you can proc it with FlameStrike. It doesn't mention the interaction of SKB Combustion and normal Combustion and how they affect the duration depending on when which is proc'd. These are very important things to know. 

Thanks for your feedback!

The rotation section of the guide does keep all of these things in mind, but I will look into adding it to the other sections of the guide as well so it's more clear..

Guest phaelo

Guide says to rotate in flamestrike if 3+ targets but guide does not get flamestrike talent...

On 12/8/2022 at 1:46 AM, Guest phaelo said:

Guide says to rotate in flamestrike if 3+ targets but guide does not get flamestrike talent...

Hi!

Thanks for the feedback. You are right. The AoE rotation is simply the single target rotation if you did not get the flamestrike talent (which is what we recommend). The flamestrike rotation is just there in case you did opt into it. I will clarify that more clearly in the rotation section.

Guest Shifting Power

Guide doesn't mention Shifting power in rotation page, but does include it in talents page.  Seems to be very important for cooldown usage, and it would be great if you could provide your analysis on when to use it.