Jump to content
FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Frost Mage Shadowlands

Recommended Posts

Guest Former Hunter Main

I am confused about whether we hold Fingers of FrostFingers of Frost procs for Winter's ChillWinter's Chill in single target?  The proc management section says to use Fingers of FrostFingers of Frost procs as they come, but the rotation section says to cast Ice LanceIce Lance when there are charges of Winter's ChillWinter's Chill on the target, and does not list Ice LanceIce Lance anywhere else in the priority list.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Guest Randron said:

Fire Blast did not make it into the rotation?

Fire Blast is not cast in rotation. It can be used as a dead last priority while moving (after proc usage, Ice Floes/Shimmer/Blink), but the gain is incredibly minor.

 

4 hours ago, Guest Former Hunter Main said:

I am confused about whether we hold Fingers of FrostFingers of Frost procs for Winter's ChillWinter's Chill in single target?  The proc management section says to use Fingers of FrostFingers of Frost procs as they come, but the rotation section says to cast Ice LanceIce Lance when there are charges of Winter's ChillWinter's Chill on the target, and does not list Ice LanceIce Lance anywhere else in the priority list.

Good catch, my bad. Editing from no-IL and missed re-adding that. Fingers of Frost should be cast before Flurry ideally, as Winter's Chill acts as frozen and casting Fingers of Frost into it is an overall loss.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest sock

Blizzard only on 5 targets? Really?  I find that hard to believe considering how high damage it is.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Guest noob mage

Im confused. Focus magic says nothing regarding the intellect buff.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 10/15/2020 at 1:44 PM, Guest sock said:

Blizzard only on 5 targets? Really?  I find that hard to believe considering how high damage it is.

Mm, right. Getting rid of those toggles killed that cleave note. I'll get that fixed, thanks. It is on 2+ targets, for what it's worth.

 

42 minutes ago, Guest noob mage said:

Im confused. Focus magic says nothing regarding the intellect buff.

The talent's tooltip was never updated after they added that effect to it. Just like Frozen Orb's tooltip says 160 damage regardless of gear. It's just another inaccurate tooltip bug.

Blizzard Logohttps://us.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/feedback-mage-class-changes/490704/47

  • Focus Magic now also grants the caster 1% Intellect, stacking up to 8 times when their Focus Magic target critically strikes.

Here's the relevant note.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You are posting as a guest. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×
×
  • Create New...