FORUMS
positiv2

Outlaw Rogue Shadowlands

Guest Linaii

I disagree blood shard set bonus is op   not only does it proc like mad ,it also helps healers out some as outlaw the blood bonus does more damage than dispatch in most fights and does 4 to 5 in heals in a 3 healer raid group 

Hey Linaii,

I'm not quite sure what your message was in response to, but the Frost Shard Set also helps healers as the proc creates a defensive absorb shield everytime it procs. It actually heals more than the blood set, and because it is an absorb and not actual healing, there is no overhealing issue there either. :)

Both in terms of damage and survivability, Winds of Winter beats both other sets for Outlaw Rogue. 

Guest Justkali

Hi i have question (maybe little stupid one). How it is with off hand weapon is best choice dagger? or am i total dumbass trying to get one? i am gearin outlaw rogue right now and i dont know if i need sword/axe/mace and dagger or 2 swords/axes/maces .

On 10/5/2021 at 4:47 PM, Guest Justkali said:

Hi i have question (maybe little stupid one). How it is with off hand weapon is best choice dagger? or am i total dumbass trying to get one? i am gearin outlaw rogue right now and i dont know if i need sword/axe/mace and dagger or 2 swords/axes/maces .

Heyo Justkali. There's no such thing as a stupid question, so please dont hesitate to ask whenever something is unclear for you :)

Generally speaking, there's no major difference between offhands for Outlaw. Having a Dagger in your offhand will allow you to get slightly more Poison procs, so it is the "best" choice . The difference is very minor, however, and having a higher itemlevel sword or axe tends to be better than a lower itemlevel dagger (make sure to play the highest ilvl sword/axe/mace/fist in your main-hand of course ^^).

If there's every any doubt, I highly recommend simming yourself to figure out the best way to equip the different weapon choices you have available. As a general rule, if both off-hand choices are the same itemlevel, you'll want to play the faster one in your offhand. 

Guest Justkali

hi i want to ask how it is with covenant legendary for necrolord outlaw is it worth playin or is simply just better to play celerity and dont care about it?

1 hour ago, Guest Justkali said:

hi i want to ask how it is with covenant legendary for necrolord outlaw is it worth playin or is simply just better to play celerity and dont care about it?

Hey Justkali.

Sadly the legendary isn't all that great for raiding or Mythic+. While it is somewhat competitive in Mythic+ on trash pulls, it provides almost no benefit on single-target. As Outlaw is already using abilities every global cooldown, the opportunity cost for using the legendary is also fairly high. You can play it for a change of pace or if you want to have some fun throwing Bonespikes around like crazy, but from a pure performance PoV it gets outperformed by Celerity. 

In raid environments I would never recommend playing it, it's simply designed to be good on AoE where you get regular resets of the cooldown, and even then the 8% damage when Celerity procs and getting the lowered global cooldown from the Adrenaline Rush buff are worth more on a spec that is already GCD-capped in a lot of situations. 

On 8/11/2021 at 10:39 AM, Seliathan said:

Hey Wyr3d.

Yeah, at this time, the secondary stat priorities are pretty much the same (which makes sense, since you mostly deal single-target damage and then flurry it with Blade Flurry). 

Keep in mind, however, that stat priorities are very dynamic and depend heavily on the gear you already have equipped, so you might have different priorities with your character. That is why we always recommend using raidbots.com to sim your own character to get the best possible information for your individual character, that might be very different than the generalized information we present in the guide.

Feel free to ask any questions you have on the topic of simming or stats for Outlaw 🙂

Hey there,

Yeah, this was in regard to keeping the information up-to-date for my addon, so a generic ideal works fine. That said, since you stated they are pretty much the same, it should be fine to revert the Raid, and Mythic+ build back to a single standard build without issue. 

Guest jojodelyon

Hi everyone, i have several question about my outlaw rogue. 

1) i have seen a lot of log with outlaw who didn't use anymore Slice and DiceSlice and Dice . it is normal?

2) Shadowcore OilShadowcore Oil or  Shaded Sharpening StoneShaded Sharpening Stone ?

3) here it is my rogue if you have some remarks https://worldofwarcraft.com/fr-fr/character/eu/krasus/jojodelyon

I Am always at the end of the dps but i respect carefully the rotation

Sorry for my english... thanks for your answers/remarks

13 hours ago, Guest jojodelyon said:

Hi everyone, i have several question about my outlaw rogue. 

1) i have seen a lot of log with outlaw who didn't use anymore Slice and DiceSlice and Dice . it is normal?

2) Shadowcore OilShadowcore Oil or  Shaded Sharpening StoneShaded Sharpening Stone ?

3) here it is my rogue if you have some remarks https://worldofwarcraft.com/fr-fr/character/eu/krasus/jojodelyon

I Am always at the end of the dps but i respect carefully the rotation

Sorry for my english... thanks for your answers/remarks

Hey jojodelyon!

Regarding your questions:
1) You still use and maintain Slice and and Dice. One of your Roll the Bones buffs also grants you Slice and Dice duration whenever you spend combo-points, however, so in a lot of fights you may not ever need to re-cast it yourself after the initial opener :)

2) Sharpening Stones are better at this point, although the difference between the two is in the single-digit DPS. Either are fine, really, it won't make a noticeable difference at all.

3) Sadly I don't really have the time to go through individual character analysis, but I can highly recommend the rogue discord Ravenholdt, as there are always plenty of helpful people on there that enjoy analyzing logs or characters :) You should definitely get used to playing Ghostly Strike instead of Quick Draw, however. Beyond that, your gear, covenant and legendary choice seem fine :)

If you need any more help, please let me know and I'll try to help ❤️

Regards,
Seliathan