FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Elemental Shaman PvE

Guest Facerrific

Why is there no cloak enchant listed for Elemental?  Seems like Fortified Speed might be good...

I didn't list a cloak enchant because they all have their uses depending on content. Overall though, speed is indeed the one I'd recommend. Unfortunately it is probably the least valuable one for other shaman specs which is part of why I elected not to tell people "use this cloak enchant".

Guest Falonn

A small nit: in section 4.1, the first bullet point says to ensure Flame Shock will last the entire Ascendance.  In 9.0 it refreshes all your Flame Shocks automatically when cast.  So that point can be omitted (or, more pedantically, simplified to just making sure your target already has Flame Shock).  Refreshing it manually ahead of Ascendance is now a wasted GCD.

Thanks for maintaining this awesome guide!

I didn't list a cloak enchant because they all have their uses depending on content. Overall though, speed is indeed the one I'd recommend. Unfortunately it is probably the least valuable one for other shaman specs which is part of why I elected not to tell people "use this cloak enchant".

Thank you for the great guide.

One question if you can please answer: is Earthquake damage reduced by armor in PVE (versus mobs)?

It does physical damage but it is a spell?

Uncommon Patron

The Honor talent category that contained only Gladiator’s Medallion, Adaptation, and Relentless doesnt exist anymore, it needs to be removed from any and all pvp guides

On paper, Ancestral Reminder & Deathseer's Whip _should_ stack together.  I'm fairly certain the additional haste works, I haven't personally had both things together so I'm not certain the bonus duration also works. Again on paper it _should_ but that kind of niche interaction might not work properly. To be tested.

Good morning folks.  I was going through your Ele Shaman DPS Rotation information and I think I found an error.  Take a look at the following on your /wow/elemental-shaman-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities page:

7. Opening Sequence for Elemental Shaman
7.1. Generic Opener

These two items (7 & 8) seem to be odd.  I am in the Necrolord covenant and use Primordial Wave, but I also use Lightning Bolt too.  So do I use both back-to-back or do I only choose one?  I'm a bit confused over this as it appears to be duplication.

7. If your pre-cast was Lava Burst, cast Primordial Wave.
8. If your pre-cast was Lava Burst, cast Lightning Bolt.

I understand that it looks a bit odd, but it is in fact correct. The idea is you want to make sure to cast Lava Burst and then Stormkeeper-empowered Lightning Bolts buffed by Master of the Elements. The reason for casting Primordial Wave after Flame Shock is because Primordial Wave has a travel time, so if you precast Lava Burst => Primordial Wave, the Lava Burst will hit before the Primordial Wave and so won't be a guaranteed Critical Strike. You still want to use Primordial Wave quickly because of the "double" Lava Burst effect it causes.

If you have any further questions, feel free to ask!

Hey!

I dont know why, but my recent AOE macro for the primal storm elemental wouldnt work anymore from the latest datas :

/cast Storm Elemental

/cast Call Lightning

/cast [pet: Storm Elemental] Eye of the Storm

---

It casts the buff but then it does nothing with Eye. I tried [talent: 6/2] as well and it does nothing as well.

Then i just did /cast Eye of the Storm and everything worked as intended.

Probably Blizzard cut away the need for above mentioned steps recently? Also i included Firelemental, but just didnt mentioned it here, since i play with Storm Elemental most of the time.

Also mysteriously the Earth Elemental macro works with above mentioned steps, just Storm and Fire dont want to act with it.

Edited by Baharok

In the 3.3 4+ targets part of the Rotation page, even when everything is unchecked (including Master of the Elements), line 3 is "Cast LB to proc Master/Elements".  When you enable MotE, it adds "Maintain FS one one target and cast LB to buff your EQs with MotE" and then has an empty line 4 above that.  I'm assuming we should not cast LB to p roc MotE if we're not specced into it :p

image.png

@Baharok That's odd, try instead

#showtooltip
/cast Call Lightning
/cast [talent:6/2] Eye of the Storm

@Vere  Oopsie, that's an html typo on my part. The rotation with MotE toggled on would be correct, the additional line is just due to the typo. Fixing this right now. The important part here is that if you do not have MotE you should NOT be using Lava Burst at all. 

Guest Polector

I believe there is a small mistake in the rotation guide. You wrote for 2 target :

"Cast  Chain Lightning instead of  Lightning Bolt if it will hit both targets".

and for 3 targets :

"Cast  Chain Lightning instead of  Lightning Bolt if it will hit all 3 targets".

I am pretty sure for 3 targets, you should start casting chain lightning, if you hit atleast 2 targets!

Guest SilverK29

It might be a good idea to go ahead and update the legendary section regarding crafting Echoes in the shoulder slot, since it might set people up to be a bit behind.

This was changed with the 9.1 update yes, unfortunately because of the way patch updates work, it took a while to go live, but it has been updated shortly after your post.