FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Affliction Warlock PvE

Guest Salmi

Hey, hi I just wanted to point out that in the multi target rotation, the purpose of the step where it is said "to use Malefic Rapture if you have 5 shards" is to avoid to over generate shards (took me a little while to understand, so...)

Hello,  2 thiings about the rotation guide :

1)  If we pick  Inevitable DemiseInevitable DemiseDrain LifeDrain Life does not appear in the rotation.

2) On the opening sequence, why don't we include 3  casts SB/DS  before burning our shards?

We would benefit from the "new" Shadow EmbraceShadow Embrace during our burst.

Edited by LeGoret

I will update the Drain Life usage later this week, after i finish investigating some edge cases in simc. The Shadow Embrace is definitely something i should have specified. I will address both in the next update.

Guest CwolfC

i was fine with this build until i saw the choice to take a rune that makes ur demons do more damage and the legendary head slot... which makes me want to disregard the entirety of it

On 12/2/2020 at 11:20 AM, Guest CwolfC said:

i was fine with this build until i saw the choice to take a rune that makes ur demons do more damage and the legendary head slot... which makes me want to disregard the entirety of it

Synergy has 2 separate procs, and what i relevant for Affliction and Destruction the most, is the part where pet damage has a chance to buff player damage. That coupled with a surprisingly high uptime overall makes it the numerically better single target option. If you are skeptical and do not trust what numbers say, you can always craft the Agony legendary, but that will cost you single and 2 targets performance. Your choice.

Guest Johnnycoop

Hello 

I play AFF lock.. but I think i know better rotation,talent, covenant choice and legendary pick where I can write you? 

Guest ÈvìlWarlock

As said before, why isn’t https://www.wowhead.com/spell=32388 included in the rotation guide?

Guest Casual Addicts

You can also get a "Abominable Anima Spherule" from downing Sun King's Salvation, not only Sire Denathrius, would it be possible to add this to the guide?

On 12/24/2020 at 10:23 PM, Guest Casual Addicts said:

You can also get a "Abominable Anima Spherule" from downing Sun King's Salvation, not only Sire Denathrius, would it be possible to add this to the guide?

good catch, will fix

10 hours ago, Guest Stew said:

This is a very poor guide. I would suggest going to wowhead instead

Any concrete evidence to back up those claims?

up to 4 targets yes, it also come with 2 soulbinds that give secondary stat increase after using the covenant ability, unlike Venthyr soulbinds, allowing for bigger burst

Guest Lyle

In the mythic + talents image it shows you should not pick vile taint, yet in the description it says vile taint is now the default choice. 

10 hours ago, Guest Lyle said:

In the mythic + talents image it shows you should not pick vile taint, yet in the description it says vile taint is now the default choice. 

good catch, I will update the description as i believe vile taint has lost some of its value going into SL from prepatch

Guest Therakin

I believe the pandemic refresh timer for Unstable Affliction is 4.8 seconds (30% of 16 seconds) rather than 6.3 seconds, no?

22 hours ago, Guest Therakin said:

I believe the pandemic refresh timer for Unstable Affliction is 4.8 seconds (30% of 16 seconds) rather than 6.3 seconds, no?

At level 56 you unlock the rank 3 of the spell which extend its duration by 5 additional seconds

Guest Lokroklobstr
On 10/13/2020 at 11:23 AM, positiv2 said:

This thread is for comments about our Affliction Warlock Shadowlands Guide.

Is it better to just “clip” drain soul ASAP to get up higher priority steps? Or should you wait for certain breakpoints of the cast, 75% remaining, 50% remaining etc?

each tick gives you 1 stack of Shadow Embrace, if that is what you were referring about, so in a way it is a more flexible filler than shadowbolt

Guest Hash

The legendaries section states “for an in-depth discussion of Affliction Warlock legendaries visit our Affliction Warlock legendaries page”, then hyperlinks to the same page.

Guest Sab

Hi, great guide, thank you!

The covenant/soulbind selectors do not allow me to pick one.