FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
positiv2

Retribution Paladin Leveling

Guest Rumpol

Why would you use Execution Sentence for levelling? 99% of things will be dead before it even lands. 

On 5/28/2022 at 11:38 PM, Guest Rumpol said:

Why would you use Execution Sentence for levelling? 99% of things will be dead before it even lands. 

That is true. Regardless of level 15 talent picked, normal mobs just fall over while leveling, therefore the other two talents in the row do even less, because they are more constant increase damage options. Execution Sentence can be used as additional long range tool to pull enemies, while also allowing you to delete elite mobs / rares / big quest mobs within a single nuke phase during wings.

On 6/2/2022 at 5:58 PM, Urthearso said:

That is true. Regardless of level 15 talent picked, normal mobs just fall over while leveling, therefore the other two talents in the row do even less, because they are more constant increase damage options. Execution Sentence can be used as additional long range tool to pull enemies, while also allowing you to delete elite mobs / rares / big quest mobs within a single nuke phase during wings.

You can just use judgement for that purpose of ranged attack it has the same range and is instant damage. i must admit of all leveling talent guides the level 15 choice for retri is the only one that to me makes no sense especially compared to the usefullness of the other two.

Guest MoonViper68

Just FYI, your talent tree omits Hammer of Wrath but you include it in step three of the rotation given below. You probably want to edit that to avoid confusion.

6 hours ago, Guest MoonViper68 said:

Just FYI, your talent tree omits Hammer of Wrath but you include it in step three of the rotation given below. You probably want to edit that to avoid confusion.

Hammer of Wrath is auto selected as Retribution Paladin, therefore it's included in all the rotation steps.

Guest Gaelwen

Hello, your export string is not copying correctly into the game.  It only half fills one side of the skill tree (i.e. there's still 30 points left in Paladin & 31 points left in Retribution).  I think you may not have considered the level-thresholds when designing this skill tree.

On 4/15/2023 at 9:56 PM, Guest Gaelwen said:

Hello, your export string is not copying correctly into the game.  It only half fills one side of the skill tree (i.e. there's still 30 points left in Paladin & 31 points left in Retribution).  I think you may not have considered the level-thresholds when designing this skill tree.

Hello,

I assume you refer to the leveling guide talent export button.
I tried to replicate the issue on a level 51 Character, but it worked fine.

If you meant something else, please let me know the level and which string you tried to export.

Sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm quite new to the game and also completely new to Paladin.

The suggested talents at the lower levels don't seem to match the options I have on my talent tree in the game, so I wondered if something has changed since the patch? I just got to level 10, and the list of talents has "Level 10: Divine toll" but I can't see that available on my tree, until I spend 20 points to unlock it.
Likewise I can see that my first retribution point at level 11 should be "swift justice" but it's not at the top of the tree.