FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Elemental Shaman 5.4

Guest Breuger

just a quick question. what are the haste thresholds for an elemental shaman? i'd much rather put more into mastery if i know i can't hit the next threshold which will gain an extra tick of flame shock. this may have been mentioned in the comments but after reading through about 20 of them i did not find it. you're help on this is appreciated. :D

Guest Rahma

In the "DPS Statistics Priority and Reforging" section of this guide you list the spells duplicated by Elemental Overload. Elemental Blast is also copied by Overload if you pick it as your Tier 6 talent, and it's missing from the list. I'm not certain whether this is intentional or not but I thought I would mention it ^^

just a quick question. what are the haste thresholds for an elemental shaman? i'd much rather put more into mastery if i know i can't hit the next threshold which will gain an extra tick of flame shock. this may have been mentioned in the comments but after reading through about 20 of them i did not find it. you're help on this is appreciated. Posted Image

Assuming Raid buffs and everything:

• 12 ticks
    • 4052 Haste Rating
    • 3591 Haste Rating, for Goblins
    • 1835 Haste Rating, with Ancestral Swiftness
    • 1396 Haste Rating, for Goblins with Ancestral Swiftness
  • 13 ticks
    • 8106 Haste Rating
    • 7605 Haste Rating, for Goblins
    • 5696 Haste Rating, with Ancestral Swiftness
    • 5219 Haste Rating, for Goblins with Ancestral Swiftness

In the "DPS Statistics Priority and Reforging" section of this guide you list the spells duplicated by Elemental Overload. Elemental Blast is also copied by Overload if you pick it as your Tier 6 talent, and it's missing from the list. I'm not certain whether this is intentional or not but I thought I would mention it ^^

Thank you, this has been fixed ;)

Guest Naspak

Hello There!

If i'm not mistaken:

Elemental Blast is lower in priority then Lava Burst (guide says Elemental Blast is highest priority)

It is however Higher then Flame Shock if Lava Burst is long way of being off CD.

When both FS, LV and EB are off cooldown ( as in opening move), i guess you could go FS, LB,EB or perhaps EB,FS, LB

Let me know if you agree or not,

Kind regards

Nas

Guest Vulgate

Just my personal opinion but if you have good tanks and a countdown to pull, I like to lead with EB (the key to this is timing your EB landing right after the tank has pulled, so use the time prior to pull to cast EB) follows by FS and LvB going into ascendance with other cool downs, minus heroism unless stated prior to pull.

My thought behind this is EB is still our hardest hitting spell. the reason LvB is higher in our rotation is due to its cast time being lower and the auto crit effect when combined with FS. By starting with EB you can remove the cast time by not being in combat, and starting the first FS + first ascendance with a buff effect from it as well, that extra haste and crit on FS is great and the mastery is amazing once you get into ascendance, so many fireballs.

I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this, I have just found it to be incredibly efficient at improving my overall contributions to the raid.

Just my personal opinion but if you have good tanks and a countdown to pull, I like to lead with EB (the key to this is timing your EB landing right after the tank has pulled, so use the time prior to pull to cast EB) follows by FS and LvB going into ascendance with other cool downs, minus heroism unless stated prior to pull.

My thought behind this is EB is still our hardest hitting spell. the reason LvB is higher in our rotation is due to its cast time being lower and the auto crit effect when combined with FS. By starting with EB you can remove the cast time by not being in combat, and starting the first FS + first ascendance with a buff effect from it as well, that extra haste and crit on FS is great and the mastery is amazing once you get into ascendance, so many fireballs.

I would love to hear other peoples thoughts on this, I have just found it to be incredibly efficient at improving my overall contributions to the raid.

I think that I definitely need to add opening sequences to my guides. It's something I always overlook. Thanks for reminding me :)

Is this going to update for 5.2?

I've updated it today :)

Guest Shammanic

5.2 gave Shammanistic Rage to Elemental (and Restoration) Shamans, so you should certainly add this to the mana management section for Elementals. It's quite a useful ability to conserve mana while also reducing damage taken. It's a shame that it doesn't apply to healing spells, but the 30% damage reduction for 15 seconds every minute is still a nice thing to have.

Guest Balthour

Any chance to have an updated bis list any time soon?

5.2 gave Shammanistic Rage to Elemental (and Restoration) Shamans, so you should certainly add this to the mana management section for Elementals. It's quite a useful ability to conserve mana while also reducing damage taken. It's a shame that it doesn't apply to healing spells, but the 30% damage reduction for 15 seconds every minute is still a nice thing to have.

Nice catch, thanks! It is now in the guide.

Any chance to have an updated bis list any time soon?

That is something that we plan to do next week.

Guest Bulka

I believe section 5.5.4 in the guide has an error. Talks about Tier 5 tallents and says Healing Stream Totem instead of Healing Tide

I believe section 5.5.4 in the guide has an error. Talks about Tier 5 tallents and says Healing Stream Totem instead of Healing Tide

Thank you, I fixed it ;)

Guest Minx

The macros need #show after #showtooltip so that it works correctly and doesn't display in gchat.

5.2 gave Shamanistic Rage to Ele Shamans but not Resto.

Guest klwn

Hi there,

Just read your guide on the Elemental shaman.

One question, why not use Earthquake for more enemies?

One question, why not use Earthquake for more enemies?

It's not a big increase in DPS over Chain Lightning and it eats a lot of mana. We have a discussion thread about it here.

Guest Sohee

Hello,

I think the macros below, does not work, at least for me. For some reason, whatever i tried (even just [nopet] modifier) it still casts searing totem and causes fire elemental to despawn.

• /cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Searing Totem
  • /cast [nopet:Primal Fire Elemental] Magma Totem

Altho i should mention that im not using primal elementalist talent but im changing the name of pet according to that.

I think the macros below, does not work, at least for me. For some reason, whatever i tried (even just [nopet] modifier) it still casts searing totem and causes fire elemental to despawn.

Altho i should mention that im not using primal elementalist talent but im changing the name of pet according to that.

When you are not using Primal Elementalist, your elemental does not count as a pet! It counts as a "guardian" and so your [nopet] modifier will always think that you have no pet. This is probably the reason you see this problem! =]

Guest Sabrage

About BiS gear, for second ring you should instead list Iron Qon or 2nd Ra-Den ring. Shield from Tortos is probably better as well, than a Twins one. (Assuming Haste>Mastery now). Lei Shen mace as weapon might be better too, since it has more int but less secondaries.

Guest Sohee

When you are not using Primal Elementalist, your elemental does not count as a pet! It counts as a "guardian" and so your [nopet] modifier will always think that you have no pet. This is probably the reason you see this problem! =]

Yea that was indeed the problem. Thanks a lot for the info :)

Guest Thöög

In this current tier with the legendary meta gem the stats weight changes.

They are now:

1 Hit/Spirit

2 Haste

3 Mastery

4 Int

5 Crit

With haste and mastery being very, very close to eachother.

1 Int is still better than 1 haste/mastery, but 2 haste/mastery is better than 1 int.

Guest Guest

why here:

https://www.icy-veins.com/elemental-shaman-wow-pve-dps-rotation-cooldowns-abilities

Your elementals benefit from your Attack Power, so it is beneficial to summon them during times when your Attack power is increased ( Enchant Weapon - Dancing Steel proc, for example).

I don't think that any of my 2 elemental shamans will ever get Dancing Steel proc...

Guest AcerCain

I noticed in your guide that you Advise Shamans to use their Earth shock when they have 5 or 6 stacks of Rolling Thunder on our Lightning shield. But could we not simply use the macro

#showtooltip

/stopcasting

/cast Earth Shock

To cast when we have 7 stacks?

Sign in to follow this