FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

5.4.8 News for Warlocks

I pushed 572k on Protectors as Destruction which was off-the-charts.  530k on Sha of Pride.  415k on IJ.  DPS felt so outrageous with the item level gain.  Broke 4M Chaos Bolts consistently.  My future wife let me die on Malkorok so I'm not sure where I stand in a pure test, so IJ is as close as it comes.  Can't wait to go up 1 item level every week until fully upgraded even without getting any drops.

hardest part about raid last night was trying to predict fight lengths to decide between AD and KJC. our typical IJ kill is 4:20-4:30 and i figured with the upgrades we'd get sub-4 minutes. a bunch of idiots died during shock pulse which screwed that plan but it seemed doable. crazy fast kills now o_o

my biggest increases last night

- 498k on malkorok, up from 459k

- 694k on protectors, up from 612k. not even a particularly great pull for me but the ilvl boost is just nutty on multi-target fights it seems.

ilvl 578 let me break a lot of orange lines last night on epeenbot.  Very happy with the outcome even at my ilvl.

ilvl 578 let me break a lot of orange lines last night on epeenbot.  Very happy with the outcome even at my ilvl.

Percentiles will even out as logs post.  Tuesday raiders will see a lot of 99th percentiles which aren't REALLY 99th percentiles.

Immersus fight last night, I know it is not that of a big deal for you guys but 3M+ CB with 559 ilvl and without cloak and only 2p. I was easily breaking 350k without KJC - only upgraded weapon and 2 trinkets so far. I love it :)

Lol, On protectors I had a brain hemorrhage on pull and managed to get two 1 min super dooms on pull with no added meta time with procs.. over the normal 3 1.5min dooms and STILL broke my best by 50k.

Ilvls are very noticeable indeed, I only got 5 with my available valor.

I'm gonna play Demo today as it's likely our last 10 man raid before we go 25 next reset, and pretty content with where I ended up rank wise as Destruction overall.

Any destro parses will get creamed in the coming weeks anyway, so will see what sort of ranks I can put up as Demo.

Was wanting to test Crit vs Haste for Demo in 10 man, but will need to shelve this for a week or two when we go 25.

For what spec?

Off-Topic - Absolutely creamed the Demo rankings today, and we even managed our first one night clear. Next week off to the land of 25 man!

For what spec?

Off-Topic - Absolutely creamed the Demo rankings today, and we even managed our first one night clear. Next week off to the land of 25 man!

Destro.

I am assuming Aff is still Sup

The ilvl upgrades would only serve to make GoSac stronger for Destruction, and it's already the best choice in 99% of situations.

I know Zagam toyed with Supremacy but that's about it.

The ilvl upgrades would only serve to make GoSac stronger for Destruction, and it's already the best choice in 99% of situations.

I know Zagam toyed with Supremacy but that's about it.

It's about 1% gain/loss, I use Sup a lot as destro because I like it. Sac for when I need a sac buff for something.

Sup vs Sac isn't going to ruin your DPS.  Your Imp does just fine.  Supremacy can win out on fights where you have to move a lot or get interrupted a lot like on Thok.  I've found my Imp to do just fine in situations like that. 

The real debate is on Service vs Supremacy for Demonology with the scaling.  Supremacy gets a double dipping buff with the 2pc (20% from talent, 20% from 2pc = 44% gain), so it might get even closer.  In fact, with kill times around 3:30-4:00, I think Supremacy would win out since you'd be close to another use of Service, but not quite there.  Supremacy might win out in pure cleave, but those situations are far and few between. 

At this point in the game, do whatever you LIKE.  I know everyone wants to know what's best, but I can promise you no one here is playing at the top of their game doing everything perfect week in and week out.  Approach each week to improve on the previous week and you'll find the largest opportunity to gain DPS.  Use differences in stats and talents to add variety to your raiding, not to find the "missing" 1% because there is no amount missing.  At this point, no one should be hitting DPS enrages where one person finding 1% is the difference. 

For what spec?

Lol you were not kidding!  nicely done!  Envious of some of those kill times! lol

Sup vs Sac isn't going to ruin your DPS.  Your Imp does just fine.  Supremacy can win out on fights where you have to move a lot or get interrupted a lot like on Thok.  I've found my Imp to do just fine in situations like that. 

At this point in the game, do whatever you LIKE.  I know everyone wants to know what's best, but I can promise you no one here is playing at the top of their game doing everything perfect week in and week out.  Approach each week to improve on the previous week and you'll find the largest opportunity to gain DPS.  Use differences in stats and talents to add variety to your raiding, not to find the "missing" 1% because there is no amount missing.  At this point, no one should be hitting DPS enrages where one person finding 1% is the difference. 

I know it's not going to run DPS.  I just want to top our guild's meters.  I hate it when I lose :).  Plus we are still progressing  6/14H and every little bit helps. 

I know it's not going to run DPS.  I just want to top our guild's meters.  I hate it when I lose smile.png.  Plus we are still progressing  6/14H and every little bit helps. 

Becoming exceptional at your class will always out-perform a modification of your stats or talents.  Don't strive to be the best person on your meters - strive to always be better than you were a week ago.  Your performance should be independent of what others are doing.  If each of you takes on this mantra, I can promise you you'll be better than 6/14H in a jiffy. 

Speaking of 5.8.4, I'm not sure if it was a fluke, or a bug related to me, but somehow I unlearned KJC.  It took me a few fights to notice it.