FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Islingr

[Rdrood] I need some help

Hi !

I posted here few weaks ago for my elemental shaman. I was very satisfied by the answers I had and now, I decide to ask you some help for a friend.

He plays for severals years his tree and today, we're in 25-men HC and he feels that something is wrong. To begin, here is his armory : http://eu.battle.net/wow/fr/character/ysondre/T%C3%BFke/simple and his AMR page : http://www.askmrrobot.com/wow/gear/eu/ysondre/T%C3%BFke

We get his 37,51% haste cap, tried to remove all the crit. And he's still behind the other healers. I should mention that he heals with a holy priest, a shaman and a pal. I cannot say what is wrong with him but he's always behind them.

You can have a look at our logs on Norushen for example : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CRMP9N7nhcfTVwGL#type=summary&source=38&fight=3

If you can help us, I would be very grateful 'cause he's a bit frustrated and he's a really good guy.

Well first with the 4 set i would suggest getting rid of Glyph of Healing Touch. i would suggest picking up Glyph of Wild Growth. it all most a must have for 25 man.

if i had to guess what was wrong with him would be his mastery. it only at 17% if you guys are pushing hm that need to be way higher. a lot of people at this point with max haste is pushing 25%+. his spirit is way high too.

he gemming with the socket extra in mind. i would suggest overriding the socket and gemming to all most pure haste gems then you can reforge to mastery. or you can do to up his mastery is getting him less crit gear and get him more mastery gear. you could also try going to a lower haste break point (10970) untell you get the better gear

his spell usage look good over all ( better then most people) i think his major issues is lack of mastery. good luck

Edited by TIme987

It's very late here. I will try to get to this sometime tomorrow, just wanted to post a quick one just glancing at the armory.

First DONT gem pure haste and avoid socket bonuses if you can reach the breakpoint without it. It's a waste of potential stats unless the Stat is useless.

Your firend is at the breakpoint. His gemming is probably fine, I'll go more in depth later.

He has 13k spirit. That is also fine. Where he is lacking is mastery, which is at a measly 3k. While I can agree that haste is usually better when you can, it may be better for your friend to use the low haste build until he replaces the crit on his gear. He should be aiming for as much haste/mastery and spirit/haste gear as he can. If a peice of gear has crit on it, you should look to replace it ASAP.

Next he should try to get the amp trinket because it's immensely helpful for the haste and mastery. Nazgrims is not good for healing in general.

That's all I can say right now. I'll look at logs at another time.

all but 2 of the socket bonuses are intel. he would lose less then 1 k intel but i find that many time you need more flexible gemming strait to get you where you need.

Before we begin: While we are more than happy to provide you feedback on your friend, nothing is quite so helpful as communicating directly to your friend. However, if his English is not great and you will have to translate (since your armory link is in French), it's not that big of a deal.

I actually think his gearing is fine. If he needs all haste gems to reach the haste breakpoint, then I see no problem with it. He has less than 2k crit from gear, which is fine to me. I personally see no issue with 3k mastery, because our mastery is overrated. Having 13.8k spirit with the meta gem AND the trinket from Siegecrafter feels like overkill. If he's going to drop anything for mastery, I'd consider about 1k spirit if he can swing it (if not, it's not a big deal, but he gets way more mana for being in a 25-man with Mana Tide Totems and Hymns of Hope).

Definitely drop inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Healing Touch for inv_glyph_majordruid.jpgGlyph of Wild Growth. Healing Touch is a nice alternative if you want to drop a glyph for a particular fight (basically only do this if I'm healing Malkorok and drop Regrwoth or spoils when I only have 5 targets in 10-man and drop WG), but otherwise it's not worth using in our three. Wild Growth is great in 10-mans, and simply a necessity in 25. You're never going to not get the extra target (you should basically never not get the extra target in 10-man either, though, with good positioning).

Really, let's just look at his logs. Norushen is okay, but I'd rather see Iron Juggernaut or Thok, personally (if you're not on either of those yet, Protectors is good to look at, too).

He had 92.97% uptime on inv_misc_herb_felblossom.jpgLifebloom, which is good. He also had 93.34% uptime on spell_nature_healingway.jpgHarmony. These can be improved slightly, (Harmony more so, Lifebloom isn't quite as important), but they're good.

Seeing high inv_misc_herb_talandrasrose.jpgEfflorescence in a 25-man is just going to happen. More targets to stand in it. However, I'd like to see spell_nature_rejuvenation.jpgRejuvenation doing a considerable amount more. He should consider trying to get more HoTs out, especially toward the end of the fight when it's crazy. He actually had LESS healing from Rejuv toward the latter parts of the fight, where the healing is most intense. This puzzles me. He should be trying to keep it on lots of targets at the end, and also should consider using Genesis to help counter some of the ongoing damage.

druid_ability_wildmushroom_b.jpgWild Mushroom: Bloom is definitely seeing some good use, especially toward the end of the fight. Just have him make sure he's getting it fully charged (or as close as possible) before he's using it. This is something a lot of newer druids will sometimes forget is available to them.

He could have used inv_relics_idolofrejuvenation.jpgSwiftmend up to 28 times in a 6:51 fight. He used it 20 times. This also limits his ability to activate and use ability_druid_manatree.jpgSoul of the Forest,

This ties in to ability_druid_flourish.jpgWild Growth. Part of the reason I love healing Norushen is that there is raid damage every 3 seconds, meaning there are no lulls (like in Sha of Pride) where you simply have very little to do. There's constant damage. Without using the glyph, he should be able to use the spell about 55 times. He used it 29. Without the Glyph, he should be able to use every other Wild Growth with Soul of the Forest. With the Glyph, he should often use them together (even if it means delaying it a few seconds).

Remind him that he can always use spell_nature_tranquility.jpgTranquility with Soul of the Forest when the heavier burst is needed. However, when there is constant damage coming in slowly instead of a hard burst, as with Norushen, I usually will use Soul of the Forest on Wild Growth and then use the slower Tranquility.

As much as I can tell from logs, your friend is doing pretty well. He needs to use Swiftmend and Wild Growth more and possibly look at getting more use out of Rejuvenation and Genesis.

if he is in a crit build then yes mastery can overrated. but he is currently in a haste>mastory> crit. in that build it not overrated.  mastery is a key part of the build. he not really geared enuft to even try a crit build.

Edited by TIme987

if he is in a crit build then yes mastery can overrated. but he is currently in a haste>mastory> crit. in that build it not overrated. mastery is a key part of the build. he not really geared enuft to even try a crit build.

First of all, there's no such thing as a crit build. There's some info that crit can be ok for tank healing, but seriously, who's going to make a resto druid focus tanks the entire fight?

Crit is 600 per % while mastery is 480. I don't think any resto druid out there (especially new one) seriously think that crit build is viable.

Next, @kaz I don't think mastery is that overrated. The Rejuv this guy will put out simply will just not hit hard enough. I agree that the faster ticks may beat it out but you have to admit that 20%~ mastery (buffed) just sounds too low. Especially healing heroics. On norushen he has 100 casts of Rejuv on a 7~ mintute fight. That's akin to my personal casting speed on the same fight, which he almost beats out his effo.

Efflorescence is going to be high, especially because we are stacked for the whole fight. Idk if I've ever beaten my effo healing with Rejuv on that fight in 25m. And thats also thanks to mastery freely ticking away.

So either he needs to choose his targets better, spam way more Rejuv, or just needs more mastery with that haste to make a difference.

I'd recommend at least trying the 3k (or maybe even the 6k) haste build and focus more on mastery to see how much of a difference it would make. And have him decide what he thinks is better.

I would recommend getting back to the 13k breakpoint ASAP though when he has more mastery.

Mastery is 480 to a %, but haste is 425 to a % and with the exception of Rejuv/SM all of our healing scales up to the cap linearly. Dropping 6.5k haste to go with 6652 would drop him from 37.5% haste to 21% haste but only increase his mastery from 23.4% to 37%. Once you factor in the lost break points, I can't see that being even worth it at all.

Everything we do is affected by our mastery, including Efflo. If he increases his mastery, Rejuv and Efflo are both going to go up. Efflo also has a target cap of 3, so there shouldn't be a difference in 25 and 10 in terms of how much you have from it if people stay in it. I'd rather he work on fixing his playstyle than worry about his stats, because stats aren't going to help him catch up anywhere near as much.

Also, crit build isn't a thing unless you're healing tanks. If you're healing tanks, it's time to find a new raid team.

All right. I can agree with you that the playstyle should be the main focus. Sometimes I think too much into it.

The difference on norushen in 25 and 10 though is just the amount of available absorbs. Effo will usually snipe the healing more than Rejuv on a fight like that because of the absorbs. In 10m, I think you would be at less than 100% much more often than on a 25, thus meaning you can direct your Rejuv healing more effectively. The other reason could be depending on your group and how much they like standing in your circle. 25 is more likely to always have a good target, while in 10 not as likely. That's why I think effo would do more healing in 25.

This is only special to norushen because it's one of the few constant damage fights.

Hi guys, 

Thanks for your answers. We worked a lot with his interface, and with weak auras. He also chose to use those from your guide Kazistrasz. He configured Vuhdo and tried it on our clean Sunday. 

I remove some spirit as you advised me on his build, now he has 11k of spirit. Do you think this is enought ? He seems comfortable with it for the moment. 

Thanks for your help wink.png

Edit : I forget to share our logs : http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/vAQNMkJLFc1BawbC#fight=6&type=healing&source=1

Edited by Islingr

The amount of spirit he needs is very dependent on the player.  Just have him use it, and if he thinks ne needs more, just keep gradually going up or down.

From logs, the best I can say is just keep using more rejuv and keep working on using SM and wild growth.

The best advice i can probably give you, make a giant weak aura for both Wild Growth and Swiftmend.  Use them BOTH on CD as often as possible.  Don't worry about Soul of the Forest. (well, you should be mindful of it, use it with wild growth), but the point im trying to make it get use to using it ALL THE TIME.  Get use to using that button as often as possible.  Then worry about using it correctly.

That's a pretty good looking Malkorok log.

If he's using the Weak Auras I use, he should have a pretty sizable alert for both SM an WG.

Thok looks pretty good, too. Though, I'm curious why there's no usage of Tranquility. It's a very, very powerful throughput CD. In a 25-man with 4 paladins, you should absolutely be able to ask for a BoP for it or use it during a chain of Devotion Auras. Mushroom usage looks pretty good, too.