FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Starym

Player Maxes Out 160 Reputations On a Single Character World First

52542-the-double-reputation-buff-is-gone

We have another first in the "insane things players do" category, as Verysmallman has been grinding away at a LOT of reputations and just managed to hit the one hundred and sixty exalted/maximum rank mark! Also, in case you were wondering how there even are so many reps - the "friendship" ones from the many different NPC mini-factions also count (like the many Ember Court NPCs).

You'd think this was a sort of one-time-ting, one player having a very specific goal and going for it just for fun, but you'd be wrong as there are actually quite a few racing for those reputations! We have three more players on 159 reps currently and then 21 more between 155 and 158, with many many more close to that as well.

Update: To clarify - these are the rankings for SINGLE CHARACTER reputations, and there actually are players with 195 reputations account-wide.

Reputation.jpg

Rep2.jpg
Source: Data for Azeroth.

This is an ongoing race to World First, which you can follow at Data for Azeroth, and Verysmallman is currently in the lead and the first to hit 160, via a bunch of Ember Court NPCs. In case you were wondering, apparently there's currently 199 obtainable exalted/maxed out reputations of the 228 total in the game. Now here's the Verysmallman himself with some more details of their ongoing mission, including having to get Bloodsail Bucaneers and the goblin reputations to exalted more than once due to doing them in the wrong order, switching from Venthyr later on for even more reputations/friendhips in the other Covenants, and plenty more info: 

I started really working on them back in WOTLK, so it's been a long time and a lot of reputations to work through.
I would say that the Ember Court Friendships (Which also count on this list and I only finished today) were heavily time-gated and took a long time, which was annoying and made it the least enjoyable I would say.

Trying to get Bloodsail Buccaneers to Exalted and have goblins there at the same time was a bit of work, especially when I had to go back and do the quests for Loremaster after Cataclysm. Having to rebalance after already maximising the goblins and pirates separately was a bit of a task and I'm glad it's over.

Easiest would definitely be Pearlfin Jinyu, as you get that naturally without really trying just by doing the Jade Forest questline.
The most fun I had with reputations was probably the BC ones I went back and did during WOTLK, like Ogri'la, Sha'tari Skyguard and especially Netherwing.
I actually had to get both to Exalted more than once. I originally did them in the wrong order as I was young and misguided.

I got goblins to Exalted in WOTLK then ended up being Hated again while trying to get Bloodsail Buccaneers to Honored (that was the maximum at the time) as I was farming Dire Maul for Shen’Dralar things at the same time, even though I never finished that.

The best way is as you stated, farm Booty Bay goblins and do the Bloodsail Buccaneer quests when you reach landmark points in the reputation. Then killing pirates in Eastern Tanaris seems to be the fastest way, however at Revered with Gadgetzan, I’d recommend Fray Island in Northern Barrens. Keep killing the quest mob and take advantage of Horde on the Tony Two-Tusk quest on the boat as they give more reputation too, especially the boss that spawns.
I'm glad I joined Venthyr first, but I am planning to switch to Necrolord for Stitchmasters and Night Fae for Marasmius once I've got a few more Venthyr collectibles.

- Verysmallman123

So congratulations to Verysmallman and let's see how this particular very long-term race evolves!

1 hour ago, Dejo93 said:

He truly has.......

No life

I have human toons from Day 1 who still haven't received exhausted human rep.