FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Priest WoD Alpha/Beta Tester

It needed to be done really, to balance the tier. I'm not a fan of it either, nor the fact that SS is now one of the choices, but I get their reasoning behind the ToF change.

Finally got around to some raid testing and holy cow do I not like it! It's 70% Renew spam, 10% SoL procs and 20% assorted heals. Mana regeneration is way too low to allow for anything else, not to mention there is no mana-positive rotation at the moment.

While working on Twin Ogron the mana strap was consistent across each of the healing classes we brought; Shaman, Druid, Pally.  Each of theses healers I hold in high regard as raiders so I was at least happy that I was not the only one who was penny pinching mana.  Good news though was that we were able to take the encounter the duration and I believe only 2 went completely oom.

Glad to see you got in there to test some bosses.  I've missed the last two.  I also reached out to Maple but didn't hear back.

How did you like the three bosses tonight ?

I was quite fond of the first. A lot to look out for and very punishing at individual mistakes.

Butcher is basically running in and out every 40-50 seconds and healing the tanks. The bugs with the cleave made the first 30-40 minutes on it a bit frustrating since you had no ways to predict who got the bleed.

Kromog was a bit boring being so repetitive and long. It also seems like the ability he's supposed to use at 30% didn't get triggered.

I noticed you went disc! Quite the daredevil :P I wouldn't have dared. How did it go?

• Like 1

How did you like the three bosses tonight ?

I was quite fond of the first. A lot to look out for and very punishing at individual mistakes.

Butcher is basically running in and out every 40-50 seconds and healing the tanks. The bugs with the cleave made the first 30-40 minutes on it a bit frustrating since you had no ways to predict who got the bleed.

Kromog was a bit boring being so repetitive and long. It also seems like the ability he's supposed to use at 30% didn't get triggered.

I noticed you went disc! Quite the daredevil tongue.png I wouldn't have dared. How did it go?

I thought the first boss was a nice mix of Lady Deathwhisper and the Blood Council.  As i QQ'd about in the vid.. our group makeup was not something we were able to see any abilities past...  60% maybe.

I was not able to make it to The Butcher.  So I got to skip the cleaving issues.

Kromog was very straight forward.  I thought the Damaging Clap took way too long to initiate dmg though.  I think it should be a here it comes... move now, type ability.

Yea I went Disc and Holy for a half of each test Tuesday.  There was definitely a loss of output but I wanted to give it a shot.  Atonement being dumb was a non factor w/ everyone not knowing the fight there was alway damage to go around and it overhealed for about 5% while DA overhealed for about 10%.  

Saw they posted a little buff to Priests.

Doubled the healing of Holy Nova

Approx. 20% increase to Penance, Heal, Flash Heal, and Smite

Hi all, I'm (somewhat) back!!! Tried my first dungeon (Skyreach) and did not do well AT ALL sad.png

I have a non-specialized 100 and am wondering - would you guys mind speaking to the Multistrike? The tank in the instance said that's where my focus should be, but, in reviewing this thread, I haven't seen that mentioned. Also, since so many of the holy spells now seem to have cast times, should we start stacking haste again? (sorry if this seems rudimentary - I feel like I've been away two weeks and lost two months of learning!)

Edited by Maplefire
  • Like 1

Hey Maple wb.

I did see your PM, sorry I hadn't responded yet.

I haven't run any dungeons since they started raid testing  :*(   Up to this Monday's test I was trying to get as much multistrike as I could, which prior to the changes this week included flask and food too.  Warcraftlogs has included Multistrikes in their parses which is very nice but I have spent too much time going over them except for....Gruul, I believe.  That was only because we had 2 priests, I focused on Multistrikes and they were trying Crits.  When they nail down the specifics I do believe that Holy will be going after breakpoints just as they do now, for the ones that use that currently use that build.  After reaching your desired breakpoint, (atm & imo) Multistrike will be the next secondary to eye. I'm interested in seeing how much more Mastery will help at the new levels than Multistrike will.  Anyhow until the abilities get closer to being concrete it is really tough to say.  For what it's worth, the dungeons I did run, I did shoot for all Multistrike.

This is what I have so far.  I'll update it as things change.

10.14.14 -- Patch 6.0 and Mythic SoO (as of 8.15.14)

11.13.14 -- WoD Release

12.02.14 -- Normal/Heroic Highmaul Open

12.09.14 -- Mythic/LFR Highmaul Open

01.06.15 -- Normal/Heroic Blackrock Foundry Open (at the earliest it will be this date, most likely later; per Blue Post)

01.13.15 -- Mythic/LFR BLackrock Foundry Open

• Like 1

We weren't given dates for BRF.

They wanted to delay their release by more than the four weeks that were between HoF and MSV. So having BRF open early january seems a bit too early, I'm betting late january or early february for release of normal, and then a week later for mythic.

We weren't given dates for BRF.

They wanted to delay their release by more than the four weeks that were between HoF and MSV. So having BRF open early january seems a bit too early, I'm betting late january or early february for release of normal, and then a week later for mythic.

I agree, thats why I put 'at the earliest' ill change it when they give us more. If i had to guess id say Feb as well.

Definitely.

I hope they pace the raids this expansion better than mists. T14 was extremely short, T15 could be prolonged for some time too, and T16 will be way too long.

They also better know what they doing putting a second corrupted orc as the end boss..

Edited by steve
  • Like 1

Definitely.

I hope they pace the raids this expansion better than mists. T14 was extremely short, T15 could be prolonged for some time too, and T16 will be way too long.

They also better know what they doing putting a second corrupted orc as the end boss..

Agreed. It'd be nice for Blizzard to release new raid content based on overall raid progression. I understand they want to credit the guilds that have cleared the content and have been farming gear for the next tier. However, it seems that some guilds that just need a few more weeks/months to feel the full accomplishment of their progression would benefit on pushing some content back a bit. 

Personally, I didn't mind the extra long SoO instance. I did however wish they could have put out another raid in the mean time similar to Ruby Sanctum back in ICC. It gave a way for players to hop in and get extra gear to help with their ICC progression, yet still give players farming ICC something different to do before Cata.

• Like 2

I'm a bit conflicted on that issue. On one hand I can understand that they want everyone to experience the final boss of the game, but on the other hand, no content for too long makes the game stale.

14 months was definitely too long in my opinion, 6-8 months would probably be a better fit. Had they prolonged T14 a bit, they could've delayed ToT by a couple of months. The world first kill of Sha happened only 3 months before the tier was ended. That number was 5 months with 5.2 and will be 13 months with SoO.

Had they given HoF and MSV just 2 more before they opened the next expansion would give them a month, delaying ToT by 2 months would've given them 3 months in total. Then adding one or two months for SoO and it would've been 8-9 months instead of 14 adding no extra content.

I don't think another RS would've helped much. It was one extra boss you had to kill, taking at best 30 minutes. You still had to clear ICC every week. I remember thinking of it more as a nuisance -- another 30m waste of time, than being excited for it after the first couple of weeks.

Don't get me wrong, I am bitter about SoO being up for 13 months. So much that I ended up taking a break from raiding because I couldn't stand the staleness. However, I do think it's important for players to experience the content before being another expansion away from seeing it. 

I agree with HoF and MSV. My guild spent more time on killing Will of the Emperor before we could finish HoF. It definitely felt out of balance how they released raids this expansion and I think it showed. 

• Like 1

I canceled my sub back in June, waiting for warlords to come out. I definitely know how it feels getting bored of a raid tier.

There is I think a difference between letting a raid tier go on to let everyone raiding on a set difficulty experience the content they plan to raid and letting a raid tier go on for so long that people that never intended to go a difficulty up now has to to get new challenges.

It's not as if people can't get to see end-game content right now. Between SoO and future raid's four difficulties there is definitely room for everyone to see the content within a fairly short timeframe. Mythic was never intended to be shown to everyone, even normal is assumed to have a limited audience. Prolonging a raid tier only sees marginal increases to the people that experience these difficulties.

6-8 months is probably the sweet spot, but the drag every final tier has been since wrath is far too long. Every time it has happened they come out and say they realize it went on for too long and want to ensure it doesn't happen again, perhaps three's the charm?

Edited by steve
  • Like 1

Holy performed well today in both of the late Mythic sessions.  WCL for both tests are uploaded.  Here is one vid, i'll get the other one up tomorrow.

I was able to get Skada working.  Yay my Priest is not on the bottom this encounter.  Logs are avail for most of the Beta Tests in the WCL link in my signature below.

• Like 1

Ooooh some more crit. Mini disc buff perhaps.

as @ 19/8

Enlightenment is a new passive ability for Discipline Priests.

Enlightenment increases the critical healing chance of Prayer of Mending by 10%, and increases stat gains to Critical Strike from all sources by 5%.

Borrowed Time has been redesigned. It now increases the Priest's stat gains to Haste from all sources by 40% for 6 seconds.

% gains are going to make scaling an issue again though right? As stats get more the % gain scales higher.

Enlightenment increases the critical healing chance of Prayer of Mending by 10%, and increases stat gains to Critical Strike from all sources by 5%.

A crappy spell made less crappy does not make it good. While they should do something to make PoM worth casting again, giving us 10% higher crit on the thing won't do it, it also doesn't fix the spell for holy. If the beta build tonight that is supposed to be the first number pass for healers fixes PoM's coefficient, this would however be a nice addition.

Borrowed Time has been redesigned. It now increases the Priest's stat gains to Haste from all sources by 40% for 6 seconds.

Is that the way they intended to make hate attractive to disc? Cause that's not going to make haste attractive to disc.

The old bonus was a static 15% increase, coming from a standard 10% buffed haste, that's an effective 150% temporary buff to the stat. To get a similar level with the new talent you'd need 17.8% haste baseline, but given that's a lot of mastery and crit to lose to out on, not to mention BT being a temporary buff, you wouldn't stack haste for that passive. The only time the new BT is valuable is when BL is active.

Assuming this goes live, it's not going to make much of a difference. You're getting a lower amount of haste for a longer period of time.

--------

Interesting changes, but the number pass tonight should be much more beefy. There's nothing like waking up to mmo-champion's front page being loaded with new stuff :D

Edited by steve
  • Like 1

Ya, if someone sees the changes for the healers in the Beta build today, please post them.  Looks like I'll be at work later than usual.