FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Gwenymph

Priest WoD Alpha/Beta Tester

Discipline

• Archangel Consumes your Evangelism, increasing your healing done by 5% for each Evangelism consumed for 18 sec. Priest - Discipline Spec. Instant. 30 sec cooldown.
  • Borrowed Time After casting Power Word: Shield, you gain Borrowed Time, reducing the cast time or channel time of your next Priest spell within 6 sec by 15%. Priest - Discipline Spec. causing you to gain 40% more of the Haste stat from all sources for 6 sec. Priest - Discipline Spec.
  • Enlightenment Name Changed from Critical Strike Attunement to Enlightenment. You Increases the critical effect chance of Prayer of Healing by 10%, and causes you to gain 5% more of the Critical Strike stat from all sources. Priest - Discipline Spec.
  • Penance Launches a volley of holy light at the target, causing [ 3 + 302.4% of Spell Power ] Holy damage to an enemy or [ 462.4% [ 600% of Spell Power ] healing to an ally over 2 sec. Priest - Discipline Spec. 1.2% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant (Channeled). 9 sec cooldown.

Holy

• Binding Heal Heals a friendly target and the caster for [ 133% of Spell Power ]. Can be cast in Spirit of Redemption. Can't be cast in Shadowform. Priest - Holy Spec. 1.62% 2.15% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. 1.5 sec cast.
  • Circle of Healing Heals up to 5 injured party or raid members within 30 yards of the target for [ 221.67% [ 1 + 221.67% of Spell Power ]. Can be cast in Spirit of Redemption. Can't be cast in Shadowform. Priest - Holy Spec. 3.564% of Base Mana. 40 yd range. Instant. 12 sec cooldown.
  • Renew (Discipline, Shadow) Heals the target for [ 4 + 253.2% 220% of Spell Power ] over 12 sec.
  • Renew (Holy) Heals the target for [ 1 + 38% 33% of Spell Power ] and then an additional [ 4 + 253.2% 220% of Spell Power ] over 12 sec.
  • Renew 1.53% 1.5% of Base Mana.

Hello No cooldown on Archangel!

Minor holy numbers nerf and a bit of a buff for disc. Yay Disc smile.png

http://beta.wowdb.com/items/115563-soul-priests-hood

Not so sure on the disc set bonuses. They arent really throughput increases with an increases channel time and mana reduction.

As for the holy set bonus - Yo dawg i heard you like Prayer of mending....

• Like 1

Was anyone able to raid test the changes from the last build yet?  I jumped on halfway through the Gruul Mythic time and was unable to find a group.

Thoughts?

Hey, 

I'm not quit sure about "how to heal". Because PoH is kind of expansive atm. So, what i do is just "spamming" renew on the raid und CoH on cooldown? In Chakra: Sanctuary cuz each Renew reduces the CD of Renew. 

Any other opinions?

Hey, 

I'm not quit sure about "how to heal". Because PoH is kind of expansive atm. So, what i do is just "spamming" renew on the raid und CoH on cooldown? In Chakra: Sanctuary cuz each Renew reduces the CD of Renew. 

Any other opinions?

I posted most of the Raid vids earlier in the thread that show some different spell selections whether heavy renew or CoP spam.  I know that the tuning is not done yet but what has worked for me so far is replacing PoH w/ CoP @ 100/raid test.  I did pick up PoH for a very few number of encounters as a test to drop CoP for Mending and it just doesnt feel as strong.  I havent put too much time into logs to make a clear decision until the next tuning comes around.  CoH on CD, reminiscent of some old school Kara has been a powerhouse, along w/ PoM on CD.

Silence is now available to Shadow and Discipline priests. Not in-game yet, but it's in the patch notes from yesterday.

• Like 1

Been out of town for a week, getting caught up.  Did I see a 10% buff to Disc across the board? or was it a coefficient change?

Do you know if it is a delayed reaction to tuning from two weeks ago?  Or had they just not got around to Disc at that time?

Definitely separate. WIth this change it becomes a really efficient filler. Celestalon tweeted that they were looking at PWS to help disc' spread AE healing, it's probably in relation to that.

Edited by steve

Hello, i'm a 590 dis priest, i would like to ask about garrosh 25h herioc heirloom and a 25n heirloom. The heroic is 582 level and have better spell power. I just want to know during leveling up (90 to 100), Will the 25h heirloom give better spell power or it's just the same with 25normal.... Thanks a lot

Hello, i'm a 590 dis priest, i would like to ask about garrosh 25h herioc heirloom and a 25n heirloom. The heroic is 582 level and have better spell power. I just want to know during leveling up (90 to 100), Will the 25h heirloom give better spell power or it's just the same with 25normal.... Thanks a lot

Yes, the Heroic version will be slightly better.

The heroic version is a bit better, but they converge at level 100 and the difference is very little after the first 2-4 levels.

Renew nerfed : (.. Guess it was somewhat called for, but that's a massive nerf..

Also, Discipline was buffed by another 12%!

• Like 1

I really did  believe they were going to let Disc sit in the cellar for at least a month after release before retuning it.

Are these changes going onto the Beta before the Mythic test tomorrow?

They were in the beta build deployed yesterday, so they are already on the server. Renew now heals for roughly half of what it did before >.<.

Another beta build, another disc buff, what is this?

10% buff to penance and CoW.

Edited by steve

So I finally got to participate in another raid test, and this time with the set bonuses! Rejoice!

Disc is just ridiculous and pretty much in their old robes. AA, SS on CD, spam PoH. Adding together how penance regardless of its targets now generates 2 stacks of evangelism and AA reducing the mana cost of PoH by 50% for 8 seconds with the 30%+ buffs they got, they can beat druids..

Holy is just bonkers..

kwe0qhC.jpg

There's really not much else to say. PoM on CD with WoM means you have 3-4 poms active at all times each with a 40% chance of giving serendipity when they heal for added, mana cost-reduced PoH spam.

• Like 2

Glad to hear the buff was effective but I'm still surprised they added that much oomph this soon!  Are there logs from the test you ran?  Did you split your time in each spec 50/50?

I was playing disc this weekend and was surprised how much healing I was able to do with absorbs.

The Kromog fight there was a ton of tank damage as I was able to make good use of clarity of will.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/4WrbJjn2XYPfcwmM#type=healing

Some logs, there should be some holy some disc. There was also a fight where I could spam renew, CoH, and PoM as holy and do way too well.

Here's another set of logs, I think I only tried disc on. Though I realized there was some fights that had larger bursts of aoe damage, Holy is much better suited while short bursts of aoe is good for disc.

http://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/MmGVYwpWQ7CgaH6Z

• Like 2