FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Oltier

Oltier and Berlinia in the Beta

Hey people,

I have just received a WoD alpha invitation. I am planning to play a lot, especially after my exams, but a few hours are okay during it too.

My request/question is: If there is anything that you are particularly interested in and you want me to check it out/record it/make screenshots of, post it in this topic and I will make sure that you get your answer as soon as possible!

That being any theory or whatsoever! smile.png

Current limitations:

The current Beta test is limited to level 92.

Level 100 test characters are now available

Most changes in the latest Alpha Notes are implemented, including the item squish.

Mana regen aspects now implemented, and both playstyles flow properly.

Tanaan Jungle introduction zone is available.

Both Horde an Alliance are playable now.

I am experienced with Mages, DPS priest, and DKs. Other class information might suffer from me biggrin.png

Oltier

Edit: Edited the title :)

• Like 5

I would like you to give me your account details so I can delve myself in that horrific world <3

Please footage of Rogue and Monk damage @PvP! =D

Right now it's just a test of the horde questing/leveling experience in the first zone.

• Like 1

Right now it's just a test of the horde questing/leveling experience in the first zone.

Yep, I should have mentioned this. I also think, that my rogue and monk damage would suffer,since I have never played them before :D But when it's time for pvp I'll see what I can do :)

I would like you to give me your account details so I can delve myself in that horrific world <3

Alright, sure thing!

E-mail: [email protected]

Password: l0lsrsly?

:D

I said hi, but you shunned me. =(

Oh, I am sorry. I just checked in to have a look around, then I had to go to do IRL stuff. But I will be around in the evening. :)

I'm mostly interested in seeing wether Fire is less crit-dependant, but i suppose that will have to wait until level 100.

Is the newly-tuned SoO up in the alpha?

I'm mostly interested in seeing wether Fire is less crit-dependant, but i suppose that will have to wait until level 100.

Is the newly-tuned SoO up in the alpha?

I can do some dummy tests with fire, but I also think it would be meaningless at the moment.

IvRqRAn.jpg

This is 10man normal and I've got hit for 29k with my 49k hp, so I'd say that the trash is definitely scaled.

Boss is:

IECPT1V.jpg

I will try to reach the boss with a rogue or something to check for how much it hits for. Or, with invis.. :)

• Like 2

Please, can you try some old raid inis (- BT for instance) and see if you can still do it solo? smile.png

I am afraid, they are not tuned for us, yet. I could kill a few packs, but before it was like 2 arcane explosions.

We will have to wait a few patch for tuning as the current alpha is focused more on garrisons and Frostfire Ridge.

z7aiNfo.jpg

• Like 1

Oltier,

What exactly do you have access to as far as talents go?  Are you given access to the level 100 talents? Or at least the updated talent tree with evanesce, unstable magic, etc?  What about the leveling perk access?

I have a couple of burning questions that I'm curious about regarding the frost mage, would love for you to look into it. Let me know!

Oltier,

What exactly do you have access to as far as talents go?  Are you given access to the level 100 talents? Or at least the updated talent tree with evanesce, unstable magic, etc?  What about the leveling perk access?

I have a couple of burning questions that I'm curious about regarding the frost mage, would love for you to look into it. Let me know!

The current level cap is lvl 92, thus we have access to all updated talents except lvl100 ones. In fact, there are some videos already on the internet about the level100 talents. (maybe we do have access to it somehow, but I couldn't figure it out how).

Regarding perks we have access to lvl 91 and 92 perks.

Keep the questions coming! :P

Oltier I have a question. 
The explosion part of the Unstable Magic talent.... you know 50% of the frostbolt explodes etc etc.
Does that a) Crit, b) Multistrike, c) Proc FoF charges?

Oltier,

With the new alpha patch, we can now make lvl100 premades, thus we have access to all perks and talents.

EDIT: Theoretically.. But I couldn't figure out how, yet.. XD

Oltier I have a question. 

The explosion part of the Unstable Magic talent.... you know 50% of the frostbolt explodes etc etc.

Does that a) Crit, cool.png Multistrike, c) Proc FoF charges?

Here is a video about it. My experience:

The Explosion itself doesn't crit, but obviously deals more damage on Frostbolt crits.

Yes, it multistrikes as the description says: Deal 50% additional damage on some Frostbolt hits. Now, on the video it seems like it deals 150% damage to the main target, which I think is a bug. It should be the 50% of the Frostbolts damage to all target, not 150% damage to main and 50% damage to others of the Frostbolt.

I am not certain about C. Maybe based on the video you can decide.

Also a nice thing is, that Unstable magic's splash can damage enemies even if my Frostbolts/anything misses them othewise. This, I think is also a bug.

Sorry Oltier, didn't realize that in your OP you mentioned what you do/don't have access to. Anyways, I have a couple of things I'm curious about, and was wondering if you know anything about them.

1.) What does the damage of Frostfire Bolt look like now in comparison to a regular frostbolt hit?

2.) Is the new Water Elemental ability something that we can drag to our cast bar and use manually?  With it lasting 4 seconds, is it possible to cast three frostbolts within that time for three FoF charges?

3.) Are there any limitations on the leveling perk in which Blizzard lowers the cooldown of Frozen orb?  This sounds incredibly powerful to me.

4.) How amazing is it being able to pool three FoF charges? :D  In the default Blizzard UI, is there a PowerAura type thing in the middle of the screen that visually represents a third charge?  Was wondering where they could fit it.

Hope you're having fun in there!  

Sorry Oltier, didn't realize that in your OP you mentioned what you do/don't have access to. Anyways, I have a couple of things I'm curious about, and was wondering if you know anything about them.

1.) What does the damage of Frostfire Bolt look like now in comparison to a regular frostbolt hit?

2.) Is the new Water Elemental ability something that we can drag to our cast bar and use manually?  With it lasting 4 seconds, is it possible to cast three frostbolts within that time for three FoF charges?

3.) Are there any limitations on the leveling perk in which Blizzard lowers the cooldown of Frozen orb?  This sounds incredibly powerful to me.

4.) How amazing is it being able to pool three FoF charges? biggrin.png  In the default Blizzard UI, is there a PowerAura type thing in the middle of the screen that visually represents a third charge?  Was wondering where they could fit it.

Hope you're having fun in there!  

for #1 have a look at the video above :P For the rest of the questions I am trying to record an answer for u

In first wave of Beta as of today.

I won't bitch about no add-ons, that's to be expected.

What I will bitch about is that Mirror Image is now on the talent tree, level 90. If you take it, you pass on Rune of Power and something called Incanter's flow, which builds and diminishes much like Destro Lock sparks. New talent, Mage Bomb, cast whichever bomb is appropriate to your spec, although you can take Nether Tempest @75, but Unstable Magic looks much more intriguing.

Currently trying to figure out how to get to the new content. Can't find a quest giver that points me there.

In first wave of Beta as of today.

I won't bitch about no add-ons, that's to be expected.

What I will bitch about is that Mirror Image is now on the talent tree, level 90. If you take it, you pass on Rune of Power and something called Incanter's flow, which builds and diminishes much like Destro Lock sparks. New talent, Mage Bomb, cast whichever bomb is appropriate to your spec, although you can take Nether Tempest @75, but Unstable Magic looks much more intriguing.

Currently trying to figure out how to get to the new content. Can't find a quest giver that points me there.

Use your Hearthstone to get to Frostfire ridge/Shadowmoon Valley and talk to Khadgar who stands on the entry road of Stormwind for teleport to Tanaan Jungle.

Also check out the wow forum where everything is explained. :P