FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Peelyon

Theramore Scenario

It was a bit underwhelming. Though it was misunderstood as a major "launch event".

Almost like having the community expecting someone to pop out of a big cake, but then they just get handed a sample in a small plastic cup.

The concept of scenarios is very interesting, however I did not think it was the best thing to have that be the pre-release event alone.

The lore made absolutely no sense, anyone know why the horde reinforcements remained there after they already deployed the Mana Bomb? The US certainly didn't stick around at Nagasaki or Hiroshima after they dropped the Atomic Bomb...

Edited by Holybiscuits

All that was explained in the book, Tides of War. The main issue at the moment is the way Blizz went about doing this scenario, since we had no backdrop of why it is we are doing these things unless we have read the book.

There is alot of info explained as to what happened in summary for the event right here., which also answers your questions. Also know that there are spoilers from the book written in the link, which is also warned in the beginning of it as well.

http://wow.joystiq.c...heramores-fall/

Edited by Sneakyferret

It was a bit underwhelming. Though it was misunderstood as a major "launch event".

This was my main issue with it. While I wasn't expecting something mind-blowing, I was expecting something epic. I expected Blizzard to show off. Sure it's just a Scenerio, but it should have been a showcase for Scenerios; get us excited for Mists. And it is really a 'launch event', even if Blizzard forgot to make it one. I went into it thinking, "finally new content!, my first taste of Mists", and I came out thinking, "meh".

Pretty sure "meh" wasn't the response Blizzard were aiming for. Makes me (continue) to question whether Blizzard really has a grip on what people want. D3 still haunts my nightmares... Posted Image

They could have given us a Gunboat styled, jetpack flying, sharks-with-phreaking-lasers riding, festival of entertainment. With amazing cut-scenes and epic bosses. We had Jaina onside (Alliance obviously), we could have destroyed worlds! Instead she ice-blocked a few grunts (I think) and we killed a slightly larger Grunt (I think), and that was that.

Edited by Stasis

Personally I think it was dissapointment for me also. I was waiting more about this but also we need to remember that it's just first scenario in the game and we cant expect the first scenario to be perfect. I wish they make more changes to the difficulty lvl of these events.

This was my main issue with it. While I wasn't expecting something mind-blowing, I was expecting something epic. I expected Blizzard to show off. Sure it's just a Scenerio, but it should have been a showcase for Scenerios; get us excited for Mists. And it is really a 'launch event', even if Blizzard forgot to make it one. I went into it thinking, "finally new content!, my first taste of Mists", and I came out thinking, "meh".

Pretty sure "meh" wasn't the response Blizzard were aiming for. Makes me (continue) to question whether Blizzard really has a grip on what people want. D3 still haunts my nightmares... Posted Image

They could have given us a Gunboat styled, jetpack flying, sharks-with-phreaking-lasers riding, festival of entertainment. With amazing cut-scenes and epic bosses. We had Jaina onside (Alliance obviously), we could have destroyed worlds! Instead she ice-blocked a few grunts (I think) and we killed a slightly larger Grunt (I think), and that was that.

Very true, keep in mind though that blizzard has both the time and resources to create wonderful launch events. (Examples including the Zombie Invasion and the Sundering from years ago).

It could be possible that they really want to have us witness the content without getting too exited beforehand. Taking it a face value, instead of being severely "disappointed" a month after release from high expections.

Then again these are all assumptions and insights, let's just enjoy the energy of pre-release night. WOOOOOOT MISTS OF PANDALAND. ^^

Edited by Holybiscuits