FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Mistweaver Monk 5.4

Guest Mty

Don't have an account, but if you download weakauras and put in the code for RM, it gives you active number of RM targets, along with the cd of the next one to expire, this has been overly useful even w/ RM on cd, because at a point you need 9+ people w/ RM for uplift to outweigh Chi Burst in healing, but then that's also situational due to positioning.

to my previous post,

to find that code you can either google Renewing Mist WeakAuras Code, or I'm not 100% on this, but I was told there is a youtube video as well.

The above poster is specifically talking about Affinitii from Blood Legion and what he has said in some of his Youtube videos.

This is the Weak Aura video

This is the video where Affinitii mentioned where Chi Burst would out heal Uplift. Though he was talking about it with the patch notes so it will probably change with the new patch

Around 6 or 7 minutes in the 2nd video Affinitii talks about the "break-point" for using chi burst/uplift.

Edited by krazyito65
  • Like 1

Thanks for all the comments, guys. I've made a few updates/improvements to the guide.

Patch made haste all wonky for me, =/. And reforge stuff is broken because of item upgrade thing...

Guess I should have held off upgrading =/.

I think think the new haste breakpoint to begin is 3148. I'll try to find a site with conclusive info tomorrow when I get a chance. Though I remember some information in the EJ mistweaver calculator.

Guest Damien

I was wondering, can you do a levelling guide for tank/heals also, and the most ideal glyphs/talents. Although instancing may be slower, i prefer it to questing because I find it fun

I was wondering, can you do a levelling guide for tank/heals also, and the most ideal glyphs/talents. Although instancing may be slower, i prefer it to questing because I find it fun

We may at some point, but not in the near future. We're more interested in covering current content and getting leveling guides up for classes that are missing them altogether :)

Is Ascension still bad with the new +15% Mana bonus?

It's certainly much better than before - how much better though, it's hard to say. Also thanks for reminding me that I hadn't updated the relevant part about Ascension in the talents page :)

I've posted about these over the last few pages, but to sum it up:

-Ascension is inferior to PS and CB for regen. PS is 3000 mp5, CB on cooldown is 2666 mp5. 45k mana + 15% more from tea doesn't even come close to that. You spec Ascension for the higher chi cap; the mana pool bonus is just a nice side effect.

-Going from one haste breakpoint to the next is a net ~5% loss in hps on spells that don't scale with haste for a net ~5-6% gain in ReM and spells that do scale with haste, so it's worth going for as long as ReM+haste spells are doing equal or greater healing than non-haste spells. This is usually the case, therefore go for the 3148 breakpoint.

-Since +2% mana is worthless compared to +500some spirit, Revitalizing is the only game in town for meta gems. You could have 0% crit chance and it would still be better than Ember.

From this EJ post

Guest radix

Since 5.1, crit now indirectly improves mana regen, by making your chi-using spells sometimes generate extra Mana Tea stacks. Has anyone figured out how valuable this is now? Does it affect our stat priorities?

I can imagine that having lots of crit would mean having lots of mana tea stacks, maybe even too many to use them all if you're using the glyph of mana tea, which invokes a 10 second cooldown. Maybe a high-crit build would avoid using the glyph so the monk can consume more stacks more rapidly. Depending on the fight, of course.

Anyway, it's all speculation.

Since 5.1, crit now indirectly improves mana regen, by making your chi-using spells sometimes generate extra Mana Tea stacks. Has anyone figured out how valuable this is now? Does it affect our stat priorities?

I can imagine that having lots of crit would mean having lots of mana tea stacks, maybe even too many to use them all if you're using the glyph of mana tea, which invokes a 10 second cooldown. Maybe a high-crit build would avoid using the glyph so the monk can consume more stacks more rapidly. Depending on the fight, of course.

Anyway, it's all speculation.

It's interesting indeed. I'd be interested in any findings :)

Things I know now:

• The haste breakpoint is either 3145 or 3148 (Edit: confirmed the breakpoint is 3145) This haste rating is OUT of serpent stance (i.e. stance of the fierce tiger) From what I have been reading it seems to lean more to 3145, but some people may need to test and report it somewhere to have more accurate information.
  • I said this already in a previous post. Crit, even before the change, was the stat many high end monks were going for. The reason being was because, in 25 man your mastery usually already made up close to 10% of your healing even when reforging OUT of it and into crit. If you reforged into more mastery it wouldnt really make much of a difference in the amount of healing since all it does is increase the proc rate. In 10-man, there just might not be enough people to eat up the orbs which makes up less healing. Now with the change crit IS more valuable and you should be reforging/gemming for it after the haste breakpoint.
  • The goal in gearing is to have enough haste on gear so you do not have to reforge or gem out of crit to reach the haste breakpoint. That means that the gear we are looking for is crit/haste, spirit/crit, or spirit/haste Although, if a piece of gear has spirit/mastery then it is not totally useless and the mastery can be reforged to haste or crit. Also, do not ignore a piece with mastery just because of the mastery. If it is a decent ilvl upgrade you should try to get it. The secondary stats can be fixed later as minor upgrades
Edited by krazyito65

Things I know now:

• The haste breakpoint is either 3145 or 3148. This haste rating is OUT of serpent stance (i.e. stance of the fierce tiger) From what I have been reading it seems to lean more to 3145, but some people may need to test and report it somewhere to have more accurate information.
  • I said this already in a previous post. Crit, even before the change, was the stat many high end monks were going for. The reason being was because, in 25 man your mastery usually already made up close to 10% of your healing even when reforging OUT of it and into crit. If you reforged into more mastery it wouldnt really make much of a difference in the amount of healing since all it does is increase the proc rate. In 10-man, there just might not be enough people to eat up the orbs which makes up less healing. Now with the change crit IS more valuable and you should be reforging/gemming for it after the haste breakpoint.
  • The goal in gearing is to have enough haste on gear so you do not have to reforge or gem out of crit to reach the haste breakpoint. That means that the gear we are looking for is crit/haste, spirit/crit, or spirit/haste Although, if a piece of gear has spirit/mastery then it is not totally useless and the mastery can be reforged to haste or crit. Also, do not ignore a piece with mastery just because of the mastery. If it is a decent ilvl upgrade you should try to get it. The secondary stats can be fixed later as minor upgrades

3145 is the correct breakpoint. You are also correct about Crit being more desirable than Haste, after the breakpoint. We're updating the guide now, also to include the amount of haste rating needed from gear to reach it (taking into account the 50% extra rating from gear due to the stance).

Thank you!

3145 is the correct breakpoint. You are also correct about Crit being more desirable than Haste, after the breakpoint. We're updating the guide now, also to include the amount of haste rating needed from gear to reach it (taking into account the 50% extra rating from gear due to the stance).

Thank you!

Just looking at the Statistics part of the guide: Make sure you mention that it is 3145 rating outside of Serpent Stance. It will probably confuse a lot of people.

Also for BiS I believe the Sha-touched sword off of Tsulong (Or Empress mace) is better. The reason I say the sword is better is because it allows you to have more haste on your gear (by sacrificing some spirit) so you are allowed to get more overall crit in the rest of your gear.

Edited by krazyito65

when you say haste is 3145 outside of the sepent stance your saying thats what it is in tiger stance cuse i dont use tiger stance for healing. i am confused I would like to know if i need to get 3145 haste or 1345?

It is 3145 haste. That lower number was for before 5.1 when I say "out of serpent stance" Yes I exactly mean in tiger stance.

You are correct in saying you do not heal in that stance, because you are not suppose to. The reason we tell you what haste to use out of stance is because that is the natural number of haste on your gear, since if you were in serpent stance you would have a higher number since you gain 50% more haste in that stance. So using this number out of stance removes all discrepencies of haste being modified oddly with a reforge addon.

TLDR; when reforging or gemming make sure to have 3145 haste IN TIGER STANCE. After you are done reforging and gemming etc.. You of course go back to serpent stance since you cannot heal other wise.

Guest Lylibean

This may be a really stupid comment, but I'm totally stumped by the 3145 haste + 5% raid haste buff = 16.65% haste. My monk is at 3247 haste. While benefiting from the 5% haste buff, I'm only looking at 13.3% haste. However, 4145 haste with the 5% raid haste buff puts one at 16.0% haste. Is this a typo in the guide or am I just missing something or reading incorrectly?

This may be a really stupid comment, but I'm totally stumped by the 3145 haste + 5% raid haste buff = 16.65% haste. My monk is at 3247 haste. While benefiting from the 5% haste buff, I'm only looking at 13.3% haste. However, 4145 haste with the 5% raid haste buff puts one at 16.0% haste. Is this a typo in the guide or am I just missing something or reading incorrectly?

I believe this is a small typo. The 3145 haste rating is the haste rating you need in tiger stance (not in serpent stance), if you have +5% haste in your raid. In serpent stance with +5% haste this will give you 16.65%.

I'm guessing your 3247 haste is in serpent stance?

• Like 1

Mad monk is correct. If you have 3145 in tiger stance, you will have (some number upwards of 4000) in serpent stance.

(some number upwards of 4000)

4719 to be exact, if you have 4719 haste rating in serpent stance you're good to go.

4719 to be exact, if you have 4719 haste rating in serpent stance you're good to go.

Thanks. I'm assuming though that people are recommending going for 3145 out of stance for a reason no? Do reforge addons (reforge lite) not work well while in serpent stance? I know for sure websites (Mr. Robot and wow reforge) only account for the haste in tiger stance.

I think websites alone are a good enough reason to tell people to go to 3145 haste.

Hey guys let me first say your guides are great. however I find that they all assume that the players are lvl 90 and have all the spells and abilites etc.

i have just started a new monk and have never played a healer before and wanted a starting point guide on the best way to play. this is way to complex for a low lvl player to get anything out of it when we dont even have the spells as yet. I am sure I am not the only one who finds this no help for a starter. where do us noobs go for help :) Keep up the awesome work best guides for high lvl players.

Hey guys let me first say your guides are great. however I find that they all assume that the players are lvl 90 and have all the spells and abilites etc.

i have just started a new monk and have never played a healer before and wanted a starting point guide on the best way to play. this is way to complex for a low lvl player to get anything out of it when we dont even have the spells as yet. I am sure I am not the only one who finds this no help for a starter. where do us noobs go for help Posted Image Keep up the awesome work best guides for high lvl players.

Thank you for your nice words :)

We'd love to have guides for lower levels, but sadly we cannot spare the (relatively high) amount of time it would take to write and maintain these guides. Moreover, most of our readers (and I'd say most players in general) are interested in high level content, since that is by far the most difficult/challenging, and the one where your actions really have a chance of impacting others (if you fail to heal properly, your raid wipes and blades you; if you fail at level 33, you die on the quest and have to run back).

And without meaning to sound condescending, leveling up is generally pretty easy. A mere glance at your spell tooltips and the "Core abilities" page should be enough to get you going :)

crit>mastery and haste after the softcap for sure

Could you elaborate a bit more? Just giving statements like this without any explanation or theory is not very useful.

Sign in to follow this