FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

[Archived] Mistweaver Monk 5.4

This guide needs to be separated. Just like how the Fury Warriors have an advanced rotation page, this particular specialization needs one as well. The way you advise healing is fine and all, but you won't achieve anywhere near the maximum amount of healing the class can do.

Eminence is your main heal, it's not just some fancy thing to tag onto your normal healing, it is over 45-50% of your healing, followed by Renewing Mists and Chi Torpedo. Monks aren't really the best tank healers, they keep everyone in the raid topped off. Soothing Mist is only used when you need to spam Surging Mist on someone, or if you can't deal damage to anything. In the last patch, my Monk was ~502, pulling 100k+ DPS, and 80k+ HPS - with over 50% of my healing coming from Eminence (plus the statue, I just lump them together).

I'd be happy to help you make a guide for those who want to get the most potential out of their class, but not many favor it, because it's very difficult to use and not run out of mana. There are tricks to it though! smile.png

As mentioned in your thread, this is wrong.  Max healing output is not achieved through eminence alone, but through a mix of both mistweaving and fistweaving

Guest Bamzaqt

If you were to aquire the Prismatic Prison of Pride heroic 2/2 upgraded, you will only need 8438haste rating, outsite serpent stance, without 5% to achieve the 9158(+13) haste breakpoint!

You can use these values to do the math yourself:

463    Challenge Mode        3.02629%
528    LFR                           5.54543%
532    LFR 1/2 Upgrade       5.75600%
536    LFR 2/2 Upgrade      5.97458%
540    Flex                               6.20145%
544    Flex 1/2 Upgrade    6.43694%
548    Flex 2/2 Upgrade    6.68137%
553    Normal                    7.00000%
557    N 1/2 Upgrade      7.26581%
559    N Warforged      7.40248%
561    N 2/2 Upgrade      7.54172%
563    N Warforged 1/2     7.68357%
567    N Warforged 2/2      7.97534%
566    Heroic                      7.90138%
570    H 1/2 Upgrade     8.20142%
572    H Warforged     8.35568%
574    H 2/2 Upgrade     8.51285%
576    H Warforged 1/2      8.67297%  
580    H Warforged 2/2        9.00231%

Bamzaqt - Myst - Draenor

PRISMATIC PRISON OF PRIDE, REACHING THE RIGHT HASTEBREAKPOINT WITH THE PROCENTAGE BUFFER...

Im using the trinket Heroic 2/2 version, and i reached the 9158 haste breakpoint with 8459 Haste rating (8438 Haste is enough).

Calculated outside the serpent stance, with the 5% raid haste buff.. 

You can use these values to do the math yourself:

463    Challenge Mode        3.02629%
528    LFR                           5.54543%
532    LFR 1/2 Upgrade       5.75600%
536    LFR 2/2 Upgrade      5.97458%
540    Flex                               6.20145%
544    Flex 1/2 Upgrade    6.43694%
548    Flex 2/2 Upgrade    6.68137%
553    Normal                    7.00000%
557    N 1/2 Upgrade      7.26581%
559    N Warforged      7.40248%
561    N 2/2 Upgrade      7.54172%
563    N Warforged 1/2     7.68357%
567    N Warforged 2/2      7.97534%
566    Heroic                      7.90138%
570    H 1/2 Upgrade     8.20142%
572    H Warforged     8.35568%
574    H 2/2 Upgrade     8.51285%
576    H Warforged 1/2      8.67297%  
580    H Warforged 2/2        9.00231%

Bamzaqt - Myst - Draenor

Guest yengpengEU

Hello, can anyone tell me why I always go OOM when I fistweave? I use Jab keep tiger palm and blackout up... Burn chi with ReM/uplift. When I use this rotation I go oom in like 2 minutes.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Yengpeng/simple

Hello, can anyone tell me why I always go OOM when I fistweave? I use Jab keep tiger palm and blackout up... Burn chi with ReM/uplift. When I use this rotation I go oom in like 2 minutes.

eu.battle.net/wow/en/character/silvermoon/Yengpeng/simple

I can't say without logs, but what i do is keep Serpent's zeal up and only jap-tiger's punch if Muscle Memory is present. if theres low to no dmg, i spam Jab - Tiger's Punch, but if theres moderate dmg, i just have serpent zeal buff up, auto attacking boss while i heal the usual way. Tracking your meta gem procs can be very helpful too, if you're in range you can get 2 muscle memory procs off and get decent amount of mana back. and remember to never stock up on mana teas.

Bamzaqt - Myst - Draenor

Guest thad

Newb question; do certain encpu ter mechanics like the saw blades in siege crafter prevent you from going into melee range to avoid getting a blade on the boss? Or does being a monk classify you as melee and prevent you from getting targetted by this?

Another instance would be the bombs on the mantis side of spoils.

I play a warrior and I want to go mW monk for alt raids.

Guest RAWRmoo

Newb question; do certain encpu ter mechanics like the saw blades in siege crafter prevent you from going into melee range to avoid getting a blade on the boss? Or does being a monk classify you as melee and prevent you from getting targetted by this?

It targets the spec, So if you stand in melee on the boss you risk losing all your melee due to your saw blade

It targets the spec, So if you stand in melee on the boss you risk losing all your melee due to your saw blade

What are you talking about?

Being a monk classifies you as a melee.  You are free to always be in melee range and avoid the same mechanics other melee avoid.

Guest Sammich

What are you talking about?

Being a monk classifies you as a melee.  You are free to always be in melee range and avoid the same mechanics other melee avoid.

Being a Mistweaver classes you as a caster, if you have not been hit by a sawblade yet, you are extremely lucky

Being a Mistweaver classes you as a caster, if you have not been hit by a sawblade yet, you are extremely lucky

This is completely untrue.  Mistweavers have ALWAYS been classified as melee for all boss abilities since MoP beta.  

I have been told that some abilities target "people in range", not sure if this includes saw blades, but I can assure you that mechanics like these a mistweaver can safely be in melee range for the entirety of ANY fight.

I am 100% sure that MWmonks are classified as melee. You can safely stand in melee range at any boss (well, as safe as any other melee i guess. And that is in general not that safe).

Due to our melee mechanics with fistweaving, we will always be able to get in melee. Its very cheaty as all the other ranged and healers will have to deal with about 60% more abilities that MWmonks.

This goes for Dungeons, Scenarios, LFR, Flex, Normal AND Heroic modes.

Anyone who try to tell you differently can come and find me :)

• Like 1

So... I'm able to reach a 14th tick of Renewing Mist through my Haste - 12138 rating - and that's at an IL of 552 (it's not exactly a top-tier heroic-only thing). Just wondering, but is there any reason it's not on the MW guide?

Its not in the guide because to maintian a high level of crit 35% - 40%+ and still reach that takes quite alot of gear so generally monks wont be hitting that haste cap alot without sacrificing too much crit and thats a bad idea.

That isnt to say that it isnt achievable. I can hit that haste cap and still have 43% crit using the double amp trinkets and a 572ilvl.

Guest Joday

Ok, i first came to look at the best in slot items because i was certain an item or two would actualy have some Agi. Since MW need to be melee range and keep both buffs up that do 25% autoattack dmg and 25% spell dmg as healing. Would adding some agi or hit be somewhat useful in maximizing this buff and acheiving more overall healing. Has anyone tried this out?

Ok, i first came to look at the best in slot items because i was certain an item or two would actualy have some Agi. Since MW need to be melee range and keep both buffs up that do 25% autoattack dmg and 25% spell dmg as healing. Would adding some agi or hit be somewhat useful in maximizing this buff and acheiving more overall healing. Has anyone tried this out?

No that is not good.  The only reason is because of this: monk_stance_wiseserpent.jpgStance of the Wise Serpent  

"You will no longer benefit from any other sources of attack power."  Same with hit, you gain hit and exp from spirit.  This is good because us players don't have to think about stupid combinations like that and blizzard doesn't have to worry about us using stuff that we don't need.

Guest Josh

I recenly boosted my monk I only have 5.4k spirit I cant do the whole jab -> blackout kick thing.  Jab eats my mana away even using mana tea I still run out fairly quickly.  Am I doing something wrong or is it just a gear thing?

I cant seem to do the whole jab blackout kick as it drains too much mana even with tea.  I just boosted though, how much spirit would i need to do that without draining out my mana?

Don't get more spirit, get more crit. Mana tea is a much better means of regen than spirit and you should only get enough spirit to hitcap your toon.

Extensive fistweaving is not easy to learn rightaway and be mana efficient with it, nor is it something you should exclusively do. Mixing Fist- and Mistweaving will net you the best results if you know when the appropriate time for each one is. If you're struggling with mana through fistweaving, I'd personally drop it altogether and focus on Mistweaving until you get comfortable with mana management and then slowly incorporate Fistweaving into the play.

I dont think i'm doing anything wrong in terms of play unless im missing something completely. Jab is 8% so 2 jabs is 16% blackout kick gives me 4% back and tea gives me 4% so im still losing 8%. Perhaps its simply that im doing it on a training dummy and raid buffs make the difference? I am a former gladiator from malganis but its been a few years so im rusty and ignorant on raid buffs.

I'd like to play as close to perfect as possible.

I personally never Jab twice in a row. You basically waste one MM proc by doing so and that will indeed drain your mana very fast. I try to use some other cheaper means of generating the 2nd Chi for BoK. Expel Harm, ReM, Chi Brew come to mind.

With fistweaveing in a raid environment, you should be spamming tiger palm for the most part until you need to heal again. Use blackout kick to keep the serpents zeal buff up and to stop yourself from capping on chi with your healing spells

If you spam blackout kick then you should be in an AoE situation where you can get more chi from SCK.

Otherwise, if you need chi for blackout kick you should not be jabbing with the muscle memory proc active. Use something else to gain that chi.

If you have the legendary meta, you can spam jab for full chi, or jab-tp-jab-tp for mana.

As stated before, crit is your best friend when it comes to mana and you should be mixing mist and fist weaving.

ooooh lol that makes much more sense now =P

why crit for mana? do you mean just for the bigger heals?

crit gives a chance to gain a second mana tea charge when one is generated.

crit gives a chance to gain a second mana tea charge when one is generated.

At first I was confused by your post but then I realized the first guide I read told me to use the glyph of mana tea I completely forgot about it.  Without that 10 second cooldown that would certainly make a difference.   Thanks!

Sign in to follow this