FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
chrisdux

Concern about the state of warlocks in WoD

So you are saying that things that are fun for me, like Dark Apothesis or abilities to kite adds would break the game?

If not, why remove something that was in the game already? Again, I'm not talking any numbers. If something was really broken, it was Snapshotting + SS combo. There's no snapshotting anymore. So why the sudden need to swipe half of our abilites?

1. You can still kite in WoD, I don't know what you are talking about.
  2. Dark Apoc is just...useless. Needless. Without proper place. Tbh, if I was a dev that dumb glyph would have been the first thing on my hit list just so that I didn't have to tweet about it every other day trying to tell people over and over and over that warlocks weren't tanks. I would have used "button bloat" as the reason I told people though. Why they put it in the game in the first place is what baffles me.

SB:SS even without snapshoting is still a little OP, putting a cost on SS is something that I had recommended in feedback since SoO PTR. I'm sure they did not do it BECAUSE of me, but I'm glad it happened.

KJC is OP, hands down. I'm a little surprised that they are leaving it in the game at all, the watered down version of it in WoD is close to what I would want it as. Personally I would like most is what Mages have in Icy Flows, but since that idea is taken I would settle for a numbers change in KJC.

These changes do bring down the "fun" factor a bit, but they raise the balance factor.

Btw. I strongly belive I'm not the only one who's got issues with the state of Warlocks in WoD.

See what Sparkuggz thinks.

Of course you are not the only one. No one ever said you were. I'm not even saying that you're wrong. Given the option between MoP warlocks and WoD warlocks, right now I would take MoP warlocks. 

My issue with WoD is that it's dumbing down the game, no reforge, dumb new secondarys, no snap shotting, and being FORCED IN TO TAKING THE STAT THAT BLIZZ DEEMS IS THE "RIGHT" ONE REALLY MAKES ME WANT TO SPIT IN A DEV'S COFFEE EVERYDAY FOR A MONTH.

What I'm saying is that instead of acting like the sky is falling (which will likely only make Blizz ignore us more) we should keep giving feed back, keep progressing, keep going, and look for what is good and try to make it better.

Sitting on the porch and pointing at the construction site across the road as we complain to each other about how the neighborhood is going to hell, doesn't do any good.

• Like 2

My issue with WoD is that it's dumbing down the game, no reforge, dumb new secondarys, no snap shotting, and being FORCED IN TO TAKING THE STAT THAT BLIZZ DEEMS IS THE "RIGHT" ONE REALLY MAKES ME WANT TO SPIT IN A DEV'S COFFEE EVERYDAY FOR A MONTH.

success-kid-meme-generator-boom-delivere

What I'm saying is that instead of acting like the sky is falling (which will likely only make Blizz ignore us more) we should keep giving feed back, keep progressing, keep going, and look for what is good and try to make it better.

Sitting on the porch and pointing at the construction site across the road as we complain to each other about how the neighborhood is going to hell, doesn't do any good.

Please, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong, but I think I did what was right. I thought about the changes for a long while. I did some tests. I found out what I don't like. I wrote about it and suggested my solution to the problems I found. I tweeted about it to the developers.

Then I found out many other warlocks did the same thing and all of us got the same result - either no response at all, or claims that there are no problems whatsover. So I took the opportuninty to discuss my concerns here with fellow warlocks. I'd like to get some support from our warlock community, if we can't seem to get any support from the game developers. I'm not saying lets torch it, I'm not saying it's the end of the world. All I'm saying is we are not going in the right direction and we should care and voice our concerns.

Read the twitter responses. They want feedback with well thought out theorycraft and reasoning as to why stuff is bad or wrong.

Tweeting them to say you want fel flame back because you like to cast on the move does nothing. Tweeting them a link to a blog akin to the Death Knight thread with maths and theorycraft will.

Read the twitter responses. They want feedback with well thought out theorycraft and reasoning as to why stuff is bad or wrong.

Tweeting them to say you want fel flame back because you like to cast on the move does nothing. Tweeting them a link to a blog akin to the Death Knight thread with maths and theorycraft will.

Had you seen what I've tweeted, you'd find out I've actually asked for consideration of certain threads on the forums.

Edited by chrisdux