FORUMS
Damien

Unholy Death Knight

The unholy tree is slightly wrong. You play with unholy blight instead of one point in morbidity. Glyphs here would be Ghoul, Icy Touch and Disease/Dark Death. Dark death of course in early stages.

Edited by Efsi

4 hours ago, Efsi said:

The unholy tree is slightly wrong. You play with unholy blight instead of one point in morbidity. Glyphs here would be Ghoul, Icy Touch and Disease/Dark Death. Dark death of course in early stages.

Hey Efsi! Unholy Blight is a solid talent and I touched on it on our talents page but I believe morbidity adds a bit more especially in lower gear. With the current content mostly being Heroics/Naxx you'll be getting a ton of use out of the reduced D&D cooldown, I do agree later on though with better gear when Death Coil is hitting harder Unholy Blight scales better. 

Thank you for checking out my guide and your feedback is sincerely appreciated!

I just checked the enchants, and after reaching hit-cap you could mention to use the TBC enchant 15 Str on gloves, as the ghoul scales off of it.

Also, when reaching hit cap, the boot enchant should be cat's swiftness from tbh. the crit rating does not much, and having a small boost speed compared wiht 6 agi turned out to be better in raiding situations.

16 hours ago, Michelanvalo said:

There's a typo on the spec page. Under Glyphs at the bottom it links to Icy Touch instead of Glyph of Icy Touch.

oops, thanks for catching that, fixed and  should show in the next update!

same issue as the frost DK page - glyph of horn of winter is actively a hindrance, especially since the blood DK guide on this same site doesn't suggest using glyph of horn of winter

On 9/22/2022 at 10:25 AM, kimal69 said:

same issue as the frost DK page - glyph of horn of winter is actively a hindrance, especially since the blood DK guide on this same site doesn't suggest using glyph of horn of winter

Hey! You're right about this, I updated it to reflect removing the glyph. I was not aware of the way it functions in regarding the 'more powerful buff' error text.

On 10/15/2022 at 9:51 PM, MrMane said:

Why doesn't it mention what the hit cap is on the stat priority page?

Hey! I think that could be a useful bit of information to include for sure, while playing 2H Unholy the hit cap you're seeking is 8% which can be acquired from Talents, your gear or outside buffs from Draenei, Moonkins or Shadow Priests.

On 11/30/2022 at 7:20 PM, Tealize said:

Why does the guide not mention anything about dual-wield "morb" spec?

Hey! the dual-wield spec has certainly gained a ton of popularity and I think is quite strong, I tried to leave two separate gearing paths open as frost is a competitive spec for overall damage and takes advantage of dual-wield so it just leaves a bit more room for people who are gearing on either path (2h or DW), if DW continues to be viable/strong going forward I will almost certainly do a write up on it for Ulduar.

Yeah you definitely need to re-write this guide as 2h unholy build is being out DPSed by every other DW dk spec. If you try and join a raiding guild you will be asked to respec into DW morb build. Only use this guide if you plan on being casual and not raiding. 

On 12/11/2022 at 8:11 PM, J said:

Yeah you definitely need to re-write this guide as 2h unholy build is being out DPSed by every other DW dk spec. If you try and join a raiding guild you will be asked to respec into DW morb build. Only use this guide if you plan on being casual and not raiding. 

Hey! While I think that is a bit of a stretch on the 'not raiding and being casual' part I do agree that Dual Wield Unholy has emerged as a very strong spec and you can expect some updates coming with if not before the Ulduar updates to our guides!

The rotation based on casting as much scourge strike is wrong also... I tested icy veins rotation base on the guide and my dps drop tremendously due to squeezing in scourge strike, on other hand I ignored scourge completely and cast dead and decay with enough runic power to dump death coil my dps whet from using icy vein guide "9k dps" to 11k dps 

On 12/27/2022 at 3:24 PM, Healmybuttho said:

The rotation based on casting as much scourge strike is wrong also... I tested icy veins rotation base on the guide and my dps drop tremendously due to squeezing in scourge strike, on other hand I ignored scourge completely and cast dead and decay with enough runic power to dump death coil my dps whet from using icy vein guide "9k dps" to 11k dps 

Hey! I think there is lot that goes into what you're saying; the scourge strike rotation is much stronger single target assuming a 213+ Weapon, there are situations namely you having a poor weapon or multi-target where Death and Decay can out DPS Scourge strike but assuming pure single target with a strong weapon SS will outperform D&D single target.

The BiS gear and build doesn’t make sense together. As shadowmourne is BiS, I would like to see a build made for 2h. Atleast an option to change between 1h and 2h build.

Just curious to see, since I wondered if I should go UH and thank you in advance. 

Can we have a 2h build, as shadowmourne is BiS and obvoiusly doesn’t require points spend in dualwield talent?

Wondering if I should go UH, but haven’t got a clue as to how I should spend my points.

Thank you in advance. 

On 3/5/2024 at 7:28 AM, DFoss said:

Can we have a 2h build, as shadowmourne is BiS and obvoiusly doesn’t require points spend in dualwield talent?

Wondering if I should go UH, but haven’t got a clue as to how I should spend my points.

Thank you in advance. 

Hey!

The talent build for Shadowmourne would look something like this:

https://www.icy-veins.com/wotlk-classic/death-knight-talent-calculator#tc-WWWVVYY...___~~~~~((())ァァァァァィィャーュュュュュアアアイオエエエウウウカカカカカキsssttwwwwwyyyyyDD|1r2h0A

Very similar to what was highlighted in the DW build but the points in DW Spec would go into maxing out Black Ice and adding Scourge Strike which as 2h would be used as your primary Unholy Rune spender.