FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Breath of the Black Prince (Legendary Gems)

As much as I want to also comfirm what was said about the quest item off sha if you can loot him again if your saved to him on LFR BUT ALAS I can not. It actally happen that I tried to do it myself and I couldnt loot it =/ So I had to deal with a LFR group for nothing. I also wanted to see if the lock quest line ties into the legendary quest? can anyone comfirm this bit of info that I have?

As much as I want to also comfirm what was said about the quest item off sha if you can loot him again if your saved to him on LFR BUT ALAS I can not. It actally happen that I tried to do it myself and I couldnt loot it =/ So I had to deal with a LFR group for nothing. I also wanted to see if the lock quest line ties into the legendary quest? can anyone comfirm this bit of info that I have?

did you actually have all 20 of the necessary sigils before you killed sha? or did you get your last sigil from sha when you killed him?

You have to obtain the 20 sigils, turn in that quest, have another drink with Wrathion (dude's straight up an alcoholic), and get the quest for Chimera of Fear. If you have the quest for that item, it will drop and you'll have a 100% chance to loot it.

did you actually have all 20 of the necessary sigils before you killed sha? or did you get your last sigil from sha when you killed him?

I had 24 power sigils and 10 wisdoms xD I think I had more then I needed j/s and Za is right ^ He is a drunk underage black dragon! D:

Guest Guest

I ran ToES On tuesday after reset got my last sigil in there went to turn in quest and was told I needed to kill sha for the Claw... Went back and ran ToES again thru LFR and was able to loot for the Claw.

Guest Guest

Was wondering, I have a Legendary gem in my tanking weapon on my warrior - main spec prot - and want to know if I can equip another gem in my DPS legendary weapon (I know I can only have 1 in one of my DPS weapons ((Fury spec))? Before I splash out 10k for another gem. Thanks in advance.

Was wondering, I have a Legendary gem in my tanking weapon on my warrior - main spec prot - and want to know if I can equip another gem in my DPS legendary weapon (I know I can only have 1 in one of my DPS weapons ((Fury spec))? Before I splash out 10k for another gem. Thanks in advance.

Yes you should be able to do so. The only restrictions are that you can only have 1 gem in your bag at any time (gem, not counting socketed gems) and you can only have one equipped at a time.

For farming the rep you can do it in Karasang wilds by killing the horde NPC's and I assume players if you are on a pvp realm. The way i farmed my rep was in the Dread wastes by killing the mantid groups. I would get the buff from the klaxi that allows you to MC one mob and grab a bladestormer for the AOE and also use angel of death for the Massive AOE and bleed when it was not on cooldown.

Take my warrior in and grab up a group of 20 or so, pop sweeping strikes and Bladestorm. With my AOE the bladestorm of the mantid and the angel of death I can take out BIG groups of mobs easily. Sometimes racking up over 100rep in about 30 seconds. Grab another group by myself albeit a smaller one get at least another 50 rep and then the angel of death cooldown is up so I grab a big group again.

Your mileage will vary as I often get pretty low on health at some point but using sweeping strikes, cleave and or whirlwind I can keep knocking them down and when one dies I heal with impending victory I can generally end the fight near full health and continue on.

yeah, I was down killing the Alliance NPC's in Karasang as well and gaining rep. I didn't have the prince line started just yet and was trying to figure out why I was gaining rep with a faction I didn't really know about. Came here and figured it out. Now just need to get 8 more sigils of each!

Edited by SkuulzonVelen

Guest Phaithfull

Please update the line to give info on Eye of the Black Prince and especially what kind of group is needed to kill the horde boss in the pre-quest. Perhaps will find out the hard way tomorrow....

BAH I'm at 5900/6000 to turn in Stage 2!!! DAMN YOU BLIZZARD

Not Blizzards fault you were 100 VP short over 6 weeks =P

Guest Valerossi

Please update the line to give info on Eye of the Black Prince and especially what kind of group is needed to kill the horde boss in the pre-quest. Perhaps will find out the hard way tomorrow....

Just killedt his Boss tonight, group of 5 (tank,healer, 3 dps, a 5M dungeon group basically),all geared 492 or higher. Took about 5 minutes, he has a LOT of hp and hits fairly hard. Make sure to stack on boss so he doesn't charge, and hit the extra action button as soon as it appears on your screen throughout the fight.

Just killedt his Boss tonight, group of 5 (tank,healer, 3 dps, a 5M dungeon group basically),all geared 492 or higher. Took about 5 minutes, he has a LOT of hp and hits fairly hard. Make sure to stack on boss so he doesn't charge, and hit the extra action button as soon as it appears on your screen throughout the fight.

The standard dungeon group is the starting point. It can be done with 1 tank 1 heal 1 DPS but it will take forever, and the healer really has to be able to manage his mana for a loooooong time.

I've done it the first time in quite a large group that were on the quest, (1 tank, 2 heal, 9-10 DPS), popped all cd's and he went down really fast.

For safety, have a healer for every 4 other players, in case of charge/ppl not pressing extra button asap.

Guest Chombawomba

I was killing the 3 rare spawn mobs in Krasarang wilds (in the daily area) that drop the blood-soaked invitation for the brawler's guild (and honor and such), these each give 440 black prince reputation for me. Much easier to farm especially on low pop servers, although someone will have to confirm that this is the case.

Guest Mockery

Can I also ad my thanks for this excellent quest line guide.

Also I found a tip on Black Prince rep farming, the mobs in the Diremoor area of Thunder Isle are plentiful and reasonably easy to kill, especially the Animators. I get 44 rep per kill and they sometimes have melee guardians that also give 44. Avoid the Animated Warriors, at 900k hp they take longer and can cause you damage that slows down your grinding.

http://www.wowhead.com/npc=70069

Guest xGreatMight Dalaran

The best place to earn rep is actually at the thunder isles. 

Mobs there give you anywhere between 40-180 rep per kill!