FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

The Stone Guard

We do not break the chains because they are quickly reapplied. By not breaking the chains, we avoid the scramble of pairing back up again.

- Lighttouched, Lightbringer

You still should break the chains if you can, if it's with a melee and a ranged or a ranged and a cobalt trap soaker. You literally have to break the chains on H for basically the same reasons except with whoever is lighting up the tiles. Quickly reapplied? Maybe, but the reapplication of the chains might go to someone who isn't lighting up the tiles or soaking traps or a melee/ranged, etc. Edited by Tehstool

Hey if it works then that's sweet Lightbringer. Even with what Teh said, we have the tanks doing tiles mostly so light's strat would be fine.

Just some food for thought.

Enrage at 7 minutes, not 8 min30 as stipuled in the guide.

Thank you very much for your helpful comment. Will fix it right away.

Regarding the taunt strategies mentioned, I would much prefer to leave the guide as it is now, and leave these comments here as a testament for the ways in which it can be executed in practice. This is because it seems that for every person who finds one way of doing things better, another finds another way to be better.

At the end of the day, our guides can't run the raid for you, just (hopefully!) provide you with the information and starting points needed to execute a kill.

But of course, if anyone can suggest improvements, please do so. I'm always reading this thread.

Understood and I'm sure plenty of people read these forums and have different ideas.

Guest Karkaras

enrage for stone guard normal 10man is 8 minutes, not 7.

we learned that yesterday Posted Image

Guest Reboshua

While a Guardian has the Solid Stone effect, their current energy decreases slowly over time.

I am trying to confirm, whether this reduction is true or not. Our guild has only done this once and I wasn't paying attention to it. It the energy does reduce for quillen with the Solid Stone effect, at what rate does it reduce?

Thanks,

Reboshua/Thunderlord

While a Guardian has the Solid Stone effect, their current energy decreases slowly over time.

I am trying to confirm, whether this reduction is true or not. Our guild has only done this once and I wasn't paying attention to it. It the energy does reduce for quillen with the Solid Stone effect, at what rate does it reduce?

Thanks,

Reboshua/Thunderlord

I havent done this boss in a while, due to progression on HoF and ToteS, but from what I remember they lose energy on normal mode, but heroic mode they do not lose their energy. This could have changed though since the release of HoF, since i haven't done this boss on normal for quite a while now.

Thanks,

Reboshua/Thunderlord

I can indeed confirm that the energy does decay in normal mode, and it does not do so in heroic mode (both are indicated in the guide). :)

• Like 1

I appreciate the guide, as with all the others, but when I went to watch the embedded video all the sound was simply background music. I would prefer to have someone explaining what is going on and how Inner Sanctum approached this challenge. After all, since it is embedded in a guide, perhaps some narration in the video would be more appropriate. Thank you for what you offer though. I can always make use of what Icy Veins has to offer.

I appreciate the guide, as with all the others, but when I went to watch the embedded video all the sound was simply background music. I would prefer to have someone explaining what is going on and how Inner Sanctum approached this challenge. After all, since it is embedded in a guide, perhaps some narration in the video would be more appropriate. Thank you for what you offer though. I can always make use of what Icy Veins has to offer.

Thank you for your post, and for your compliments.

We fully intend to start doing real video guides, with our own footage and narration (for next tier and the ones after that, since it is a bit late now for this tier). In this case, we thought it better to give people at least a means of seeing the fight live, in addition to our written explanations.

Guest Terilias

Can anyone suggest an Item lvl for your raid to start this encounter, and a DPS target to hit, Im getting a figure of 45k dps, which seems high but maybe my guilds dps are just that bad Posted Image

Can anyone suggest an Item lvl for your raid to start this encounter, and a DPS target to hit, Im getting a figure of 45k dps, which seems high but maybe my guilds dps are just that bad Posted Image

The encounter can be completed in a mixture of heroic 463 items and justice point gear (458), or high level questing items. The more gear you have, the better, but if people make even a modest effort in gearing up, defeating this boss should not be a problem.

Regarding the DPS, it is hard to say, because it depends on many factors, but if everyone in your raid is doing 45K DPS, then I would say you have more than enough for defeating The Stone Guard normal.

I've run Epic Vaults quite a few times looking for Black Prince tokens. I've read about this encounter, but I always just remember everyone running and getting them all on the stairs and burning them down. I haven't tanked this encounter yet though, so maybe a different result once I tank the whole Vault.

Edited by SkuulzonVelen

Hey !

What we noticed on heroic mode of this encounter, there isn't limit of chains. So if on normal 10 mode You have 3 chains, on heroic mode without breaking or "uber dps" Your whole raid will be linked.... ofc without tanks. And now there is a tip ;) If You have a good raid dps ( and prob. on this ilvl it's not a problem after hof/Toes) You can use 1 person more for "painting".. simply get a warrior/dk/ MONK etc.. into tank spec with dps gear and let him " paint" as a tank in a spec.. he will never get a chains ;)

Best Regards

Paul

• Like 1