Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0
jmanja

WoW, LoL , or Guild Wars? Rage below

1 post in this topic

I have been playing and looking at all three for a while now and I cannot decide which I truly like better. I took to reading some articles.

This *removed* is in favor of WoW 

This *removed* is in favor of LoL 

And this *removed*  is about Guild Wars 2 

Please read each article before commenting and don't be stupid with your responses. 

Thanks!

Warning #2 - next one will result in a ban from posting.

-Krazyito

Edited by Krazyito
Removed Advertisement links for clickbait.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  
Followers 0

• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

• Similar Content

• By Stan

Farseer's Raging Tempest is Shaman's Class Mount in 7.2. You're sent to the Throne of Four Winds to assist Thunderaan in the new Gathering of the Storms Scenario. 
      Gathering of the Storms
      Thunderaan has asked me to send you to the Throne of the Four Winds to assist him with a situation.

Speak with me again when you're ready to leave, Farseer. The quest is quite short. Three color tints are available for the mount and in the recent build Elemental / Enhancement tints were swapped. Elementals have the fiery appearance now and Enhancement Shamans get the airy mount. The Restoration spec's appearance should be more watery, but what's weird is that it has more thunders than the Enhancement spec for now.
      Shamans get one of the coolest class mounts, because the vast majority uses existing animations of past mounts.
    • By Babblet
      Location: Horde – US Connected Realms: The Venture Co - Maelstrom - Lightninghoof
      About us:
      Converge has been around since WoW Vanilla and has been raiding together since Molten Core; most of our members have been playing together for years. In its older days, when most of us where young, we were more raid focused and demanded a lot from our members. Over the years we had to adjust our playtime and priorities with a growing list of RL responsibilities and are now, for all intents and purposes, a two day raiding guild. We had to cut our total hours spent playing WoW but we still remain just as competitive and result oriented.
      Mandatory reading.
      Basics: ilvl 885+; 40+ points in MS Artifact Weapon; DMG Dealers 400k+ DPS ST.
      Raiding 101: ability to execute/avoid fight mechanics; communicate in English and use a microphone.
      We raid twice a week, a total of 8 hours; attendance of 90% is mandatory. We require you to function at 100% from the second the raid starts all the way to its end; if you cannot commit to a raiding schedule and be online on time this is not a guild for you.
      GRepairs and flasks are provided by GBank; members pitch in mats and/or gold to help out. Guilds preparedness to raid and supply its members with enchants/etc is a team effort. If you are accepted as a member be prepared to do your part.
      Raid Times: 8:00 PM – 12:00 AM Eastern Time – Monday/Tuesday.
      Recruitment: Currently we are only accepting Ranged DPS / Heals.

Legion Progression:
      EN 7/7 Normal - 7/7 Heroic
      ToV 3/3 Normal - 3/3 Heroic
      NH 10/10 Normal - 7/10 Heroic

Contacts:
      Battle.net BTag: Sodium#11394
    • By Stan

Ion conducted a Q/A yesterday and Lore came to the forums to answer additional questions about Legendary items, revolving around bad luck protection and Relinquished items.
      It deals with bad luck protection for every spec and how the system handles Legendary items that can drop for more than a single spec. The unidentified Legendary items we reported about earlier were just a developer idea with the intent to fix loot specialization and Legendaries. It won't be implemented now as bad luck protection will now function for every spec individually. Legendary items targetting was also confirmed via Relinquished items.
      Lore (Source)
      1) How does the above work in regards to Non-spec-based Legendaries (like Shard of the Exodar for mages, who works for all 3 specs. Does it account for ALL specs, or just the one that it was dropped on?
      If a Legendary can drop for your spec, it counts. An easy way to check this is to open the Adventure Guide ingame (Shift-J by default) and click the "Loot" tab without having a dungeon or raid selected. That'll show you which Legendaries are counted for your spec.
      2) Very similar to the above, how do items like Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus/Sephuz's Secret/Kil'jaeden's Burning Wish etc work under this system? Does it count for the spec it dropped on, or for all specs?
      Same as above.
      3) The PTR has had "Unidentified <Class> Legendary" items in its database for a while, and it's been speculated that these were a 'failsafe' for people accidentally getting a legendary in the 'wrong spec' and blowing their accrued Bad Luck Protection -- are these unidentified items still going live, are they going to be scrapped in light of the spec-based droprate/BLP ? If they are going live, is it intended behavior that people could play offspecs with low number of legendaries, or none, get these items quickly (since the first 2 legendaries drop faster), and then swap to their 'main spec' as a way to get a few more legendaries 'quickly' (in comparison to the norm) ?
      These were part of an experimental concept that we've since decided not to go ahead with, at least for now. The idea wasn't exactly what you're speculating, but our concerns were similar.
      4) How does BLP 'acquisition' work under this new spec-based system? Do I 'build up' BLP for all specs as I play, or only for the one currently set as my Loot Specialization? If it builds for all of them, this has possible unintended consequences, where once I get an item in 1 spec, I know I should swap to the others and get items 'relatively fast' since the BLP is built up a fair bit (assuming it wasn't RNGesus giving you an item very very early on)
      This one I'm actually not certain on the answer, but I'll look into it.
      So basically if you have utility legendaries you are even more screwed than before because you already have that many legendaries for every spec.
      I can see where you're coming from, but I'd make the argument that if you have cross-spec Legendaries and play multiple specs, you're already at an advantage in that they're functional for your other specs. I have the Leggings of The Black Flame and Unison Spaulders on my Mistweaver; neither of them do anything at all when I play Brewmaster.
      I feel like this comes back to a lot of the utility legendaries are still just "bad" some like Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus and Sephuz's Secret are better. But there are other's like Acherus Drapes and Uther's Guard that remain disappointing as ever to receive. I leveled a DK as a fun alt, got Acherus Drapes as its first legendary, i am tempted to just delete the character and try again if I had gotten Prydaz i wouldn't have felt this way as it has far more value. Or i have been considering leveling my warrior and just hoping for better luck. You mentioned this in the QA but please take a close look at all the legendarys (including healer ones). To make sure there aren't so many egregious outliers, i should emphasize this is a much larger problem for healers right now than DPS.
      Yep, this is the important point to remember: if a legendary just sucks, then that's the problem we need to fix. Similarly, if your spec sucks without a particular legendary, then that legendary also needs to be fixed to not be so impactful.

Regarding Prydaz, specifically: It's maybe not the most exciting legendary right now, but it's certainly strong. The stats make it a solid, reliable throughput upgrade, and in the immortal words of Sebudai: "It's pretty easy to figure out how much DPS you're doing as a corpse on the ground."

As for Sephuz: it has a weird, but temporary, issue. When you only have one or two legendaries, it sucks that it does nothing on the fights where you can't proc it. No argument there. Eventually, though, you'll have a third legendary, and it opens up for some interesting gameplay, where you swap it on for fights with a lot of dispels, interrupts, or controllable targets, and swap it out for the ones that don't. It's not always useful, but it's really good when it is. That's not a bad thing.

Those seem to be the two that most commonly come up as "bad," but we'll keep discussing the other options as well. I know there's a few tweaks planned to some that haven't yet hit the PTR.

Overall, though, I just wanted to drive home the point that if you're upset at how long it might take you to get your next Legendary because the ones you have are bad, we want to fix that by making the ones you have better.
      We.Want.A.Way.To.Target.Spec.Specific.Slot.Specific. BEST IN SLOT.
      A) I think your spacebar is broken.

B) You'll be able to do exactly that through the Relinquished gear tokens in Patch 7.2.
      Wait, was this a confirmation that we can actually target slots?
      Correct. The current plan is that if you purchase a Relinquished token for, say, shoulders, and it gives you a legendary, it gives you legendary shoulders.

Massive wall of caveats here just because I don't want to over-promise:
      This is PTR. Anything can change at any moment. Many things already have. We don't have a solid handle yet on how long it will take to earn these things, or what the chance of them becoming a legendary will be. We need to be confident that the Broken Shore content itself is stabilized before we can start figuring out things like how quickly you earn Nethershards or how much these tokens cost. Their primary purpose is still as catch-up gear, similar to what was available on the Timeless Isle or Hellfire Peninsula. We don't consider this a "silver bullet" solve to all legendary-related issues, and aren't trying to make it be one. Still, if you just desperately want that one specific legendary, this might be an option worth considering.
    • By Stan

Blizzard's trying to fix the issue of Legendary items and loot specialization with unidentified Legendaries. Every time a Legendary item drops, you'll be able to switch between specs and then discover a Legendary appropriate for your specialization.
      Update: Lore confirmed in a blue post that these were part of a concept that they won't go live with at least for now.
      Lore (Source)
      These were part of an experimental concept that we've since decided not to go ahead with, at least for now. The idea wasn't exactly what you're speculating, but our concerns were similar. It's interesting that the items are bound to Battle.net Account, so you might end up mailing them to your alt (must be the same class) on a different realm.
      Unidentified Death Knight Legendary Unidentified Demon Hunter Legendary Unidentified Druid Legendary Unidentified Hunter Legendary Unidentified Mage Legendary Unidentified Monk Legendary Unidentified Paladin Legendary Unidentified Priest Legendary Unidentified Rogue Legendary Unidentified Shaman Legendary Unidentified Warlock Legendary Unidentified Warrior Legendary Don't forget that crafted Legendary items are coming in 7.2 and the latest build added affixes and made them BoE.
      Celumbra, the Night's Dichotomy Rethu's Incessant Courage The Sentinel's Eternal Refuge Vigilance Perch Please note the nature of PTR. Anything may change before Patch 7.2 goes live.
    • By Stan

Further fixes for Legendary items underway. Relinquished items were introduced in the latest build of 7.2 (#23623). The items are unique per slot and have a chance to contain Legendary items.
      Relinquished Items
      The persisting problem with Legendaries is that you don't get the one you want or need. Not anymore though. Relinquished items discover an item appropriate for your loot specialization and not only that, they have a chance to contain a Legendary item, most likely on a slot-per-slot basis.
      Relinquished Bracers Relinquished Choker Relinquished Cloak Relinquished Gauntlets Relinquished Girdle Relinquished Hood Relinquished Leggings Relinquished Ring Relinquished Spaulders Relinquished Treads Relinquished Trinket Relinquished Tunic Example: Relinquished Hood may contain only Head slot Legendary items, such as Darckli's Dragonfire Diadem or Uncertain Reminder. Such slot restrictions increase the chances of getting the Legendary item you want. The question is what's the probability of getting a Legendary item?
      Unidentified Legendary Items
      Update: Unidentified Legendary items were considered, but they won't go live as bad luck protection for individual specializations will be implemented.
      The previous build (#23578) added items that create Legendaries based on your set loot spec. This may represent an overall fix for loot spec problems. I think unidentified Legendaries will drop by default and we won't need to worry about loot spec.
      Unidentified Death Knight Legendary Unidentified Demon Hunter Legendary Unidentified Druid Legendary Unidentified Hunter Legendary Unidentified Mage Legendary Unidentified Monk Legendary Unidentified Paladin Legendary Unidentified Priest Legendary Unidentified Rogue Legendary Unidentified Shaman Legendary Unidentified Warlock Legendary Unidentified Warrior Legendary Taken from here.
      What do you think about the latest changes?