FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

Warlock 6.0 Transition Guide

With the generalization of Pandemic to all classes, is Shadowflame now also affected by it?

"All periodic effects" are supposed to be affected so...

This is mentioned and explained in my Demo guide coming out today. 

Shadowflame isn't affected in a traditional sense without the 2pc bonus at level 100.  With the 2pc and a 3rd charge, you can technically get an 8 or 9 second stack of the 2 stack if you have it land when Shadowflame is at 2 seconds remaining because you have 3 charges.  This is because you only have 2 charges by themselves and the ideal way to play is to have your 2nd HoG land with as little time as possible to maximize your total uptime of Shadowflame.  Without the 2pc bonus at level 100, you'd have to rely on the random procs of the T16 4pc bonus to give you a random HoG and you already have 2 banked charges, which means you weren't playing correctly.

MYTHIC STARTS TUESDAY, THE 14TH!  GET UP TO SPEED NOW!

Can't wait.  With snapshotting gone, think it still good to keep 4pc destro set? or maybe drop it to just 2pc (due to 2pc having a higher proc now), and going with non-tier gear to get more Cirt/Mastery?

Can't wait.  With snapshotting gone, think it still good to keep 4pc destro set? or maybe drop it to just 2pc (due to 2pc having a higher proc now), and going with non-tier gear to get more Cirt/Mastery?

The 4pc will still be good for snapshotting a chaos bolt for the extra 15% crit chance -> 15% extra damage.  

• Like 1

Even though losing immo shapshotting, 15% bonus crit on chaos bolts is nothing to sneeze at.

Even though losing immo shapshotting, 15% bonus crit on chaos bolts is nothing to sneeze at.

Yeah was thinking bonus would still be good, but also thinking with the extra crit/mastery you could gain from non-tier pieces maybe it could out weight the set bonus. Guess not, thanks

Edited by Nytemare

Current sim's are showing Haste > Crit > Int > Mastery for destruction in t16H and have noticed Zag has already swapped to this.

Is this actually a thing or were you just trying it out yourself Zag? 

Current sim's are showing Haste > Crit > Int > Mastery for destruction in t16H and have noticed Zag has already swapped to this.

Scale Factors are irrelevant to what is good to stack. It tells you what the next 100 rating of stat will get you. Haste is only that high because it has less than half the amount of haste as crit/mastery. When all stats are equal, it's clearly crit >= mastery > mult > int > haste > vers. This also doesn't include aoe or cleave, where mastery is the clear winner. Destruction should be using a mastery/crit build for 6.0.2.

Is the Destruction APL all sorted now?

At 90, yes, at 100, not quite. I need to further test trinket usage at 100, determine which procs are worth dumping for (likely int/sp/crit/mastery) and update how it spends embers. Since all you can get at 90 are int procs, I figure it's w/e.

I'm not Destruction.  Quit stalking me!  If you looked, I'm actually Haste >= Mastery > Crit for Demonology which is what I'm doing now and in 6.0.

If only I could have gotten you to stalk me with my Agility/Spirit/Parry build.

I stalk you and your gang of warlocks every odd day. Im sure you could trick me in the near future. 

Preemptive, Bastard! 

Expertise Mastery turns into Haste Mastery.  Just leave them be.  Int/Mastery stays.  Int/Haste stays.  Int/Crit stays.  Int/Hit becomes Int Crit I believe.  You shouldn't have to do any gem shopping if you followed my models and the guides here at Icy-Veins.

Not a lot going to play Affliction anyways.  Remember, this tuning is for level 100, not 90.

Any new demonology playstyle tips? The last time I played demo was in raiding in 5.3, and I really wasn't that good. The guides I used for reference were mostly Evrelia's.