FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

The Tillers

Incredible guide. Thank you. Tillers has been a blast!

Yep I agree been a real breathe of fresh air to the game. Always the first dailies on my list before I hit exalted. Just really hope they can expand it a little :)

Guest deathemperor

just found one thing you missed for doing things related to the Tillers: upon harvesting your crops you have a chance to get a mysterious seed which will give you a pet "Terrible Turnip" when you plant it.

the drop chance I'm not sure requires a forecast crop or just normal ones.

just found one thing you missed for doing things related to the Tillers: upon harvesting your crops you have a chance to get a mysterious seed which will give you a pet "Terrible Turnip" when you plant it.

the drop chance I'm not sure requires a forecast crop or just normal ones.

Thank you for that! It's been fixed :)

If I may, I'd like to offer a shameless plug for my Farmhand addon. It's a quality-of-life addon that eliminates some of the minor annoyances of tending your farm. It gives you an on-screen UI while at the farm with buttons for your seeds and tools and offers a "crop scanner" tool that will help you identify crops that need attention.

Edited by Zombull

I'm not sure if they changed it, my server is different, or Blizzard is messing with me but my farm doesn't grow until all dailies reset, which is at 5 AM. I planted last night at around 2 AM and just now harvested them. I can also do any of my dailies as late as 4 AM and still do them at 5 AM. Btw, I am on US-Sargeras and I'm in the same time zone as the server as well.

Guest Nik-W

Amazing Guide - I check it daily to make sure I'm doing everything right! One suggestion I would make would be to say that once you reach Revered, you should purchase the Grand Commendation of the Tillers - this will make getting to exalted quicker Posted Image

Guest Mikael

Wonderful guide!! Got me excited about grinding all the 10 friends (as I am already Exalted)!

Nice tips too, I didn't know that you needed 5x of the appropriate food already in your bags in order to be offered the "A dish for ..." quests, so thank you - that will help a lot in the grind!

Small error, afaik the "A dish for ..." rewards 5xVP AND 1xLesser charm and not the choice of either, as said in the guide (would be awesome if it was true - 50 charms a day from turn-in quests!! Posted Image ). I hope I'm right in this, WowDB says as is in the guide, Wowhead (A Dish for Chee Chee) says 5xVP+1xcharm.

Wonderful guide!! Got me excited about grinding all the 10 friends (as I am already Exalted)!

Nice tips too, I didn't know that you needed 5x of the appropriate food already in your bags in order to be offered the "A dish for ..." quests, so thank you - that will help a lot in the grind!

Small error, afaik the "A dish for ..." rewards 5xVP AND 1xLesser charm and not the choice of either, as said in the guide (would be awesome if it was true - 50 charms a day from turn-in quests!! Posted Image ). I hope I'm right in this, WowDB says as is in the guide, Wowhead (A Dish for Chee Chee) says 5xVP+1xcharm.

Thank you! This will be fixed shortly ;)

Amazing Guide - I check it daily to make sure I'm doing everything right! One suggestion I would make would be to say that once you reach Revered, you should purchase the Grand Commendation of the Tillers - this will make getting to exalted quicker Posted Image

Thank you for this suggestion, I have added a mention to these Grand Commendations to all our reputation farming guides ;)

If I may, I'd like to offer a shameless plug for my Farmhand addon. It's a quality-of-life addon that eliminates some of the minor annoyances of tending your farm. It gives you an on-screen UI while at the farm with buttons for your seeds and tools and offers a "crop scanner" tool that will help you identify crops that need attention.

I finally took the time to install the add-on and I will be testing it for a few days, just so I know what I'm talking about when I present it ;)

Added a section about your addon. I've been using it for a week and it certainly makes things easier.

Hi Damien, a few additions to your guide:

Chee Chee adds a few 'farm sheep' to your farm when you become best friends.

Gina Mudclaws installs a mailbox at your farm (right near where it meets the road) when you become best friends.

For Farmer Fung's quest: Water, Water Everywhere, while riding the green kite (gained at Best Friend I think, but don't quote me on that; it could be Good Friend), your toon will continually do his or her racia/gender dance emote. The Blue Kite flies at a higher altitude.

Also note for this quest, occasionally, two dust circles will overlap. A single well-aimed bucket WILL give you credit for BOTH of them.

(Just a personal opinion note, I don't care for the Swift Yellow Kite when doing this quest, it's easy to miss the circles sometimes, and you can fly well past them pretty quickly with the Yellow Kite.)

Zombull-- been using the Farmhand Add-on for a while now. Love, love, love, love it. Mega-kudos on its development.

This isn't on the PTR yet (Boo!), but it's in the patch notes: In 5.2 we can buy Sunsong Ranch. This will make it like an inn, allowing to instantly log out while there. Also, according to the patch notes, work orders will come in from various factions which we can complete for faction rep.

Tillers is my favorite faction, most of the quests are an easy source of extra valor points.

Guest Psyk

The guide does not mention Chee Chee putting sheep on the farm or Tina Mudclaw upgrading the furniture in the house.

The guide does not mention Chee Chee putting sheep on the farm or Tina Mudclaw upgrading the furniture in the house.

It does now ^^

Hi Damien, a few additions to your guide:

Chee Chee adds a few 'farm sheep' to your farm when you become best friends.

Gina Mudclaws installs a mailbox at your farm (right near where it meets the road) when you become best friends.

For Farmer Fung's quest: Water, Water Everywhere, while riding the green kite (gained at Best Friend I think, but don't quote me on that; it could be Good Friend), your toon will continually do his or her racia/gender dance emote. The Blue Kite flies at a higher altitude.

Also note for this quest, occasionally, two dust circles will overlap. A single well-aimed bucket WILL give you credit for BOTH of them.

(Just a personal opinion note, I don't care for the Swift Yellow Kite when doing this quest, it's easy to miss the circles sometimes, and you can fly well past them pretty quickly with the Yellow Kite.)

Zombull-- been using the Farmhand Add-on for a while now. Love, love, love, love it. Mega-kudos on its development.

This isn't on the PTR yet (Boo!), but it's in the patch notes: In 5.2 we can buy Sunsong Ranch. This will make it like an inn, allowing to instantly log out while there. Also, according to the patch notes, work orders will come in from various factions which we can complete for faction rep.

Tillers is my favorite faction, most of the quests are an easy source of extra valor points.

Thank you for that. I added the Chee Chee and Gina Mudclaw perks. I didn't feel like adding details about the Water, Water Everywhere quest, as I do not go into the same kind of details for the other quests.

Also, the new Tillers daily orders are now up on the PTR, if you want to try them ;)

Guest Equior-Uther

I have gone to several Guides now. Not a single guide tells you what benefits you get when harvesting crops, while one of the tillers is helping out on your farm. Every tiller yeilds extra seeds when you harvest your crops as long as said tiller is helping you out on your farm. For example, when Ella is helping out on my farm, and I go to harvest my crop (any), I get extra snakeroot seeds. Other tillers give other bonuses. I have yet to find a table with this information in it. I would like to know which tiller to ask to help out to get the seeds I want. There is no guide that addresses this at all. No one is talking about it. Why? Has no one noticed this or am I alone?

Once you inherit the farm, you receive work orders from factions that you are friendly with

http://www.wowhead.com/object=218750

I've added them to the guide a few weeks ago.

I have gone to several Guides now. Not a single guide tells you what benefits you get when harvesting crops, while one of the tillers is helping out on your farm. Every tiller yeilds extra seeds when you harvest your crops as long as said tiller is helping you out on your farm. For example, when Ella is helping out on my farm, and I go to harvest my crop (any), I get extra snakeroot seeds. Other tillers give other bonuses. I have yet to find a table with this information in it. I would like to know which tiller to ask to help out to get the seeds I want. There is no guide that addresses this at all. No one is talking about it. Why? Has no one noticed this or am I alone?

Well, I was not aware of that. The thing is that seeds are very cheap, so having a way to get free seeds is irrelevant to most players.

Hi Damien, I have some updates to offer:

1) When you become Best Friends with Tina Mudclaw, in addition to the lunch she sends you, she also places some furniture and appliances in the farmhouse, including a table, a large cookpot, a bed, some skillets, and storage baskets.

2) For 3.6, the header, 'Nana's vote' is misspelled, 'Nina's vote.'

3) I don't know if you consider this relevant to the guide or not, but for 3.11, under Work Orders, they don't automatically just up and appear on the ranch. It starts with a quest from Nana Mudclaw: http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Inherit_the_Earth

I noticed there's a brand new hotfix listed where Nana now sends a letter to players telling them to come see her when they're eligible for this quest.

• Like 1

Hi Damien, I have some updates to offer:

1) When you become Best Friends with Tina Mudclaw, in addition to the lunch she sends you, she also places some furniture and appliances in the farmhouse, including a table, a large cookpot, a bed, some skillets, and storage baskets.

2) For 3.6, the header, 'Nana's vote' is misspelled, 'Nina's vote.'

3) I don't know if you consider this relevant to the guide or not, but for 3.11, under Work Orders, they don't automatically just up and appear on the ranch. It starts with a quest from Nana Mudclaw: http://www.wowpedia.org/Quest:Inherit_the_Earth

I noticed there's a brand new hotfix listed where Nana now sends a letter to players telling them to come see her when they're eligible for this quest.

Thanks! That was an easy update, thanks to your suggestions.

Guest DizzyG

A useful trick for planting crops for the vote quests (if you have the time and money) is to continually plant and dig up that crop until you get Bursting crops. This may take a while but it means you don't have to wait for the following day to hand those quests in. It also means you can use those plots to plant something more useful.

Guest Ravenwind

Hi there

I'm nowadays just a casual gamer in WOW, but I've been around since Vanilla, when I played hardcore, and I just wanted to say Thank you Damien for this brilliant guide.

Cheers from Portugal

A useful trick for planting crops for the vote quests (if you have the time and money) is to continually plant and dig up that crop until you get Bursting crops. This may take a while but it means you don't have to wait for the following day to hand those quests in. It also means you can use those plots to plant something more useful.

Thanks for the tip. I added it the first time I mention a "Vote" quest.

Hi there

I'm nowadays just a casual gamer in WOW, but I've been around since Vanilla, when I played hardcore, and I just wanted to say Thank you Damien for this brilliant guide.

Cheers from Portugal

Thank you for the positive feedback. I'm glad the guide helps smile.png

On 11/26/2017 at 9:04 PM, Guest Chef Jubearlee said:

I've made a spreadsheet that calculates the amount of mats/prepared foods you need to turn in to the Tillers in order to become best friends with each one.

Excel: https://1drv.ms/x/s!AuljuJuu-oOvmzdbnJZW9vQRAe8f 

Google Docs: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1NKS__mikA72plgR69z6GvnLufAa0McueM1Kl_1Ljmh4

Awesome spreadsheet! Thanks for sharing :D

Guest Ward M

Just to clarify something missed in the guide in case others have not: The Best Friend Reward for Tina Mudclaw turns the hut into a rested area, complete with a Hearthstone and cooking station as well.  The reward is NOT purely decorative as seems to be indicated from the way the entry is written.

On 10/25/2020 at 8:47 AM, Guest Ward M said:

Just to clarify something missed in the guide in case others have not: The Best Friend Reward for Tina Mudclaw turns the hut into a rested area, complete with a Hearthstone and cooking station as well.  The reward is NOT purely decorative as seems to be indicated from the way the entry is written.

Hearthstone could actually be useful for Galleon farming.