FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
ragebarr

Warrior 6.0 Transition Guide

Arms is currently weaker than Fury on single target at lvl 100, according the the sims. It does however catch up quite nicely on multiple targets, but Fury-2H stays ahead.

From what I can see right now, for single target it's: Fury-1H > Fury-2H > Arms and on multiple targets it's: Fury-2H > Arms > Fury-1H.

On multiple targets as Arms it will definitely be worth it to multi-dot with Rend, especially if you take Taste for Blood as a lvl 45 talent, in which case you'll be swimming in rage.

ragebarr - is your overall impression that Arms is currently doing more dmg than fury for WOD?  And REND seems so powerful - in a multi-target fight where the adds don't die in 3 secs, is it worth while to Rend multiple targets?

Arms is slightly worse than Fury currently in single target, but it will be competitive and remain the better choice for pulls that involve a lot of AoE (Fallen Protectors, Galakras in t16). Afaik Rend will be worth keeping up on 2-3+ targets, so long as each individual target is up for 1 or more full Rend cycles (don't rend adds that die quickly).

Edit: Whoops, looks like rage got to it first.

Edited by Krygan

Edit: Whoops, looks like rage got to it first.

Sorry :)

Saw the post at 3am last night before I went to bed, but I was way too tired to answer it back then. I did some sims up to 8 targets this morning, and Arms gets close to Fury2H by taking TfB + Bladestorm + Ravager, but it doesn't quite beat it.

The margin by which Fury beats Arms is slightly bigger on single target, but they are all incredibly close on AoE.

Question... What will be the stat priority for fury and arms when the patch hits and at lvl 100? Didn't see anything about this so. Thanks!

Edited by Warriorguy

Not sure about lvl 100 yet. I know Crit and Multistrike are going to be very strong though, and Versatility is going to be poor.

At lvl 90:

Fury: 11% Haste > 50% Crit > Mastery > Haste > Crit

Arms single target: Mastery > Haste > Crit

Arms AoE: Haste > Crit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mastery (Mastery has 0 value for Arms AoE)

After spending some time looking through some great insight here and some Sims, it just seems to be too easy now to maximize your output and the difference between a pro and a noob is going to be MUCH narrower if we're talking just pure dps.  Concerning just the 6.02 transition period when we're all still 90, it looks like Fury can play like a pro by just smashing  a few buttons on CD.  Sims have Sudden Death and BB slightly ahead on DPS, making the button smashing even easier.

If you close your eyes and keep slamming Execute, BT, RB continuously as they're available, dump to prevent capping with WS,  and once every 60 secs hit your DR with Bloodbath macro using every resource as it comes up, it looks like you will be within a couple percent of the perfect player who adds 0.6% dps from heroic leap and another half a percent dmg by pooling 1 RB before a proc.

Is this about what you guys are seeing on PTR?  Looks too simple to be true.

Sounds about right. Both for Fury and Arms, the difference between an OK player and a great player will be much much *much* smaller than it is now.

Not sure about lvl 100 yet. I know Crit and Multistrike are going to be very strong though, and Versatility is going to be poor.

At lvl 90:

Fury: 11% Haste > 50% Crit > Mastery > Haste > Crit

Arms single target: Mastery > Haste > Crit

Arms AoE: Haste > Crit >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Mastery (Mastery has 0 value for Arms AoE)

out if curiosity where did you get the 11% haste break point from for fury?  And do you think the stat weights would favor it a little more with SD since it's based on auto-attack speed and is currently slightly higher on sims as the favored single target dmg talent?  In T16H over a 5 min patchwork fight, execute is already doing about 1/4 of the total fury dps

Warriors of all specs are actually extremely powerful right now, and the rotations (especially fury/glad, arms is a different story...) are actually better than most. There's absolutely no reason to give up on your warrior this expansion IMO. Yeah I'm sad about losing Colossus Smash too, but holy shit some other classes have it BAD.

I guess an overpowered and easy to play class just isn't what I want. I was ready to go all out warrior in WOD. Now I've got the apathy so bad that I haven't logged in to live or the beta in a month. Really killed the buzz of the new expac for me.

And the power is nothing Blizz can't hotfix the hell out of!

out if curiosity where did you get the 11% haste break point from for fury?  And do you think the stat weights would favor it a little more with SD since it's based on auto-attack speed and is currently slightly higher on sims as the favored single target dmg talent?  In T16H over a 5 min patchwork fight, execute is already doing about 1/4 of the total fury dps

That's the breakpoint the actual warriors theorycrafters have found. At that level of haste you can cast 2 BTs before the 8 seconds of enrage fall off, giving you more time to keep your enrage going. Haste does help SD, however, having enough crit to get a good enrage uptime is still more important.

I also forgot to mention that those soft caps are raid buffed, so you'll want to get 6% Haste & 45% Crit self buffed.

I have just read the guide to arms warrior posted by Vlad. Is he totally clueless about our class? Is tha overseeing guy,that Vlad called almost the best warrior of them all, been out cold or something? Mortal st. no longer generates rage, thus it she'll no be used prior to rec and CS. The guide calls the haste a #1 stat.....and no explanation is given. Rage at, pls look it up and tell me what you think.

You're still going to want to use something before using CS to make your you proc your enchants/trinkets. Haste at #1 is fine, since Mastery has literally 0 AoE value and pretty much no fight in WoW is pure single target anymore.

There were a few typos, but the guide is fine. Jalopy knows what he's talking about.

Sounds about right. Both for Fury and Arms, the difference between an OK player and a great player will be much much *much* smaller than it is now.

I will say I agree with this to the extent of putting out DPS. The rotations are much more manageable and executable so now the difference between an OK player and a great player will come down to the next level that most raiders look to - managing your role while executing mechanics efficiently. This is where, at least in this patch, we'll primarily see the difference and, honestly, I think that's what Blizzard wanted.

Any advice on race for absolute min/maxing?

Collision had a Sim at one time (not sure where it's at now) that showed that there is literally insignificant amount of difference between races. While there are subtle differences, which race you choose won't make or break your logs; pick which race you enjoy the most and go with it.

After playing some more on the beta with the recent large nerf to Shield Barrier, I should note that the nerf is quite noticeable. In heroic dungeons, a full 60-rage SBar is about 10% of my max health. I haven't had the chance to test this out in raids yet. The nerf is severe, but doesn't cripple prot. My hope is that with a few weeks of data from live raiding will show some devs that the current power of SBar is too low. I think it's an oversight and if you feel like posting about it on the official forums, don't claim the sky is falling. Use good logic and numbers. (This advice goes for anything you dislike about the game. Saying "warriors are dead! /sob" will not get the devs to pay attention, it will only make them ignore you.

Bold and underline for emphasis:

Because of the 50% nerf to SBar's scaling with AP, we will need bigger CDs to soak the same mechanics we could before. Mechanics that we used to soak only with SBar may be fatal now that SBar is much smaller.

Due to the low power of SBar, the priority is to keep SBlk up as often as possible. Fill in between SBlks with SBars of course, but your #1 priority is to keep SBlk up.

That's the breakpoint the actual warriors theorycrafters have found. At that level of haste you can cast 2 BTs before the 8 seconds of enrage fall off, giving you more time to keep your enrage going. Haste does help SD, however, having enough crit to get a good enrage uptime is still more important.

I also forgot to mention that those soft caps are raid buffed, so you'll want to get 6% Haste & 45% Crit self buffed.

As far as I know, you actually need 48% crit self-buffed in 5.4.8, since the bosses have 3% crit mitigation, does that still apply to 6.0? Or was this wrong from the getgo?

I am extremely confused by Blizzard. As of now if you read the patch notes in the Battle.net client it says Colossus Smash is only available for Arms Warriors, but when you read on into the Fury warrior section it says for Raging Blow: Now extends the duration of Colossus Smash by 2 seconds. Blizzard has contradicted themselves with this post and confused the hell out of me. How are we supposed to increase the duration of a spell that is no longer available to that spec? haha Any insight is appreciated.

I guess what I am really trying to ask is Fury going to still have Colossus Smash? 

Servers are live in a little over 3 hours but some clarity is still always nice.( Been playing the BETA but confused by patch notes) we only have so much time to prepare before raid tonight so anything helps. 

Edited by Verential

If you are facing 4 or more enemies, you should perform the following rotation.

Rage - I have a question about this section of your guide.  Why would you have to wait till you have 80+ Rage to use a WW?  It shouldn't matter whether you dumped it as it came up and continued ur rotation or waited till 80 rage to use it.  And due to Fury Perk:

Enhanced Whirlwind
Requires Warrior (Fury)

Whirlwind's effect to increase Raging Blow targets now grants 2 charges per Whirlwind and can have up to 4 charges.

Shouldn't it always be

BT

WW X 2 (= 4 charges RB targets)

RB

+/- bloodsurge procs

Repeat

It seems you should always WW exactly twice then RB on 4+ targets due to this perk and the huge boost to dmg you get from RB always hitting 4 targets.

*correction - i noticed Enhanced WW isn't till 92, but even with 1 charge per WW, RB on extra targets still seems like it's always worth it to WW twice before the RB in large groups even if it means missing out on some of the bloodsurges.

Edited by lawrence131

I am extremely confused by Blizzard. As of now if you read the patch notes in the Battle.net client it says Colossus Smash is only available for Arms Warriors, but when you read on into the Fury warrior section it says for Raging Blow: Now extends the duration of Colossus Smash by 2 seconds. Blizzard has contradicted themselves with this post and confused the hell out of me. How are we supposed to increase the duration of a spell that is no longer available to that spec? haha Any insight is appreciated.

I guess what I am really trying to ask is Fury going to still have Colossus Smash? 

Servers are live in a little over 3 hours but some clarity is still always nice.( Been playing the BETA but confused by patch notes) we only have so much time to prepare before raid tonight so anything helps. 

Colossus Smash has been removed from Fury. 

The Tooltip on Raging Blow, in the PTR, currently reads "A might blow that deals 4,190 Physical damage with your main-hand weapon and deals 1.084 Physical damage with your off-hand weapon. Becoming Enraged enables one charge of Raging Blow. Limit 2 charges.

Note the Tooltip & Core Abilities page below:

RBPTR.png

FCBPTR.png

As much as we'll hate to get used to this, I'm sure, Colossus Smash is gone from Fury.

For now....

• Like 1

Random question as I haven't been back for awhile.  Haste will affect all of our cooldowns now correct?  Or only some of them?  Will it effect shield block?