FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Zagam

6.1 Demonology Guide

Please, for my sanity and those who read these forums - remember to not speak in absolutes and remind others things are tested all the time.

Don't be a sith

• Like 1

Great work as usual!

you doing one for Aff also?

I havnt played Demo since BC but looks like it will only be 1 of 2 viable specs. Tho im happy Aff is looking good again.

This data is all invaluable, thanks for your hard work on it.

You talked about stats being very close to equal, but I did not see anything about int vs haste/mastery/crit. Should we be Gemming for Int over 2ndary stats or still pushing the yellow gem sockets?

you doing one for Aff also?

Affliction and Destruction guides will be done soon ™.

Soon, as in Monday most likely!

Really great post, alot of nice info and stats.. Really a good read.. 

a Question, you say that Doomguard is back to being a good CD, but i can't get from what you're writting if it's best to use  With alot of procs up (at the start for example) or if it's best to use in the execute phase? :) 

Is the Aff guide just going to be one word, "Respec"?

That's what the Aff AoE section is titled!

Aff is what it is, a lot of warlocks are still going to enjoy it because of the fact that it has been the go to spec for so many years. Blizzard has done a fairly good job with Aff since the removal of snapshotting and with some minor buffs (or if demo got nerfed) it could be very strong again. 

As it stands NOW it won't be the top spec, but it is still good to learn for learning sake.

• Like 1

Yeah I'm just picking on Aff because its easy right now. I like the spec, but it seems like there won't be much to learn with it. recast dots when they are nearly falling off, cast haunt with buffs rolling, and never use soul swap.

Edited by Eddie

IIRC, Affliction is simming as our top single target spec in lvl 90 6.0, so don't write it off completely.

It will still be an ok spec, it's problem will be that it brings nothing to the table. It doesn't multi dot as well as Demonology does now (particularly with Shadowflame cleave), it doesn't AoE as well as Destruction (and tbf Demo with MF and Cataclysm and DS glyph either) and it doesn't burst as hard as either of them.

You certainly can play Affliction in WoD and do fine, it will just be similar to how Demonology is now - a viable spec, but likely not the most competitive/optimal for progression.

Did they remove fury decay from Metamorphosis?

If they did, then you should mention this in the mechanic changes.

If not, then switching to Meta with 850 as you mentioned won't be enough to cast 4 bolts and a Doom, as you will lose exta fury while casting.

Did they remove fury decay from Metamorphosis?

No, they did not.

If not, then switching to Meta with 850 as you mentioned won't be enough to cast 4 bolts and a Doom, as you will lose exta fury while casting.

Yes, you do. This is tested and proven. Remember that you'll still get a trickle of fury during the burn. I was safely going in to burn phase at 800 with no issues.

Warlocks rejoice, I bring you updated demonology APLs.

Currently working on updating the gear set, APL should be g2g now.

• Like 5

Warlocks rejoice, I bring you updated demonology APLs.

Currently working on updating the gear set, APL should be g2g now.

Praise be to based ghadda

• Like 2

ok, so demo is pretty much looking like the go to spec?

more importantly, which would be the best spec for leveling. Ill worry about the best end game spec when i hit lvl 100 on the 14th of Nov lol.

Just don't level Aff.  Destro and Demo will both be very potent as leveling. 

more importantly, which would be the best spec for leveling. Ill worry about the best end game spec when i hit lvl 100 on the 14th of Nov lol.

Quick healing and quick damage, so...not aff. Demo and Destro are both going to melt face. My 583 demo lock on Beta one shots ALL quest mobs till about lvl 94.

sounds good, ill dump aff for now then and learn demo...even tho it changes on tuesday...i should at least learn the concept by then.

What is used in place of Demonbolt until we get it?

Edited by vaeevictiss