FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Lockybalboa

6.0.2 (WoD Pre-Patch) fun stats trick.

BLIZZARD FIXED IT (they say) lol, fun as it lasted.

https://twitter.com/WatcherDev/status/521719539466125312 

Or it might...I mean...it's Blizzard...and you know...UVLS and all. Either way this will be updated soon as 6.0.2 is live and we can check. Have fun!

Logically one would think that Vanilla WoW enchants, pots, flasks, food, would be weaker then BC. BC weaker then Wrath. Wrath weaker then Cata. Cata weaker then MoP.

nobodytime.jpg

But due to Blizzard and the great stat crunch of '14, we look around and see we are in a new world. You are about to enter another dimension, a dimension not only of sight and sound but of mind. A journey into a wondrous land of imagination. Next stop, the Blizzard Zone!

Here in the Blizzard Zone we find that time is not what it used to be. Wrath is no longer weaker then Cata, yet Cata remains weaker then MoP. Why? idk programming lol.

Here we find that inv_enchant_formulasuperior_01.jpgJade Spirit gives you 103 int in 6.0.2 and yet inv_misc_enchantedscroll.jpgEnchant Weapon - Black Magic gives you 125 haste. 

inv_potiond_3.jpgVolcanic Potion gives 476 int, but trade_alchemy_potiond4.jpgPotion of the Jade Serpent gives 456!

Here is an odd one! inv_potione_5.jpgFlask of the Draconic Mind gives 119 int and trade_alchemy_potione5.jpgFlask of the Warm Sun gives 114 int!!!

So what will YOU do with this information? Go out and farm a lot of Wrath mats to sell at high mark up on the AH? Use this power to out wit, out play, and out DPS your guild mates? Share this power, this gift of knowledge with all you can find as to make the world a little better? The path is yours.

EDIT: You'll need to check WoW DB or WoW Head for each enchant. Seems some of them the Wrath one is stronger, some BC, some Cata. Potions all seem to be Wrath, flasks seem to be Cata.

TL;DR cata and wrath enchants, pots, flasks, food are better then MoP come 6.0 - lol.

Special thanks to Belfer - AKA "Drastically" for finding this and letting me know.

• Like 2

WTS Frost Lotus 999g per - pst

WTT 500 Frost Lotus for 14/14H carry!  pst

/2 Looking for Frost Lotus?  How's that Cross Realm taste?  For 5,000g, I'll transfer you to a low pop realm where you can gas up on all the WotLK materials you want! 

Just some sales pitches I'll toss tonight.

Blizzard finding this out in an hour...

"Well, shit.  What do we tell them, guys?"

A - "Working as intended."

B - "Your numbers don't match our numbers."

C - "We've decided to make WotLK Flasks and potions award 1 point of primary stats.  #NERFZLOL"

D - "Warlocks have had their damage reduced by approximately 12%."

• Like 3

D - "Warlocks have had their damage reduced by approximately 12%."

Since it was posted in the warlock forum. 

*mumbles something about should have posted it in the mage forum*

Since it was posted in the warlock forum. 

*mumbles something about should have posted it in the mage forum*

I blame Kaz.

I Just hopped on beta and the numbers match wowhead.

Edited by Drastically

I was wondering when someone would find something like this. Happened last time when they had the mini stat squish in Cata. ICC armor trinkets were BiS for Cata raiding until they re-nerfed them.

Not a huge difference, 5 more int on a flask, 20 int on a potion. it isn't game breaking, but kind of funny/cool. but you know what that does mean, now that I think of it . . . . cauldrons! we need to make some for raid tuesday if this isn't nerfed by the time the patch comes out.

I just heard about it last night. Someone asked if we're all switching to cat a and wrath food/flasks/etc. My response was that I'm not that much of a tryhard. Also, Drastically, Im blaming Temp.

Luckily last night when I heard this info mats were pretty cheap. There were however a few posts of the actual enchants/flasks/pots on the AH and sadly all those were inflated already. Didn't seem to have any issue farming mats last night at least, so I think only a small % know about this yet. 

Honestly, I'll probably only make the cata/wrath flasks and pots. I doubt I'll worry about switching up enchants at this point. I'm glad I horded so many old world mats because I was too lazy to sell 'em though :D. WTS 900 Whiptail PST :P

...yes...this why it's "WoD pre-patch"

#REKD

Back on topic - does this mean certain shitty trinkets might do weird things and become better than current ones?

#REKD

Back on topic - does this mean certain shitty trinkets might do weird things and become better than current ones?

In America, it's spelled #REKT. 

I was hoping that Cunning of the Cruel (Dragon Soul trinket) would have their Shadow Bolts scale with Demonology, each generate 25 Demonic Fury, all have a high chance to proc the 4pc bonus, and somehow allow us to select all 3 level 100 talents. 

It's doubtful that they'll let trinkets that are shitty now work over Heroic/Mythic trinkets from SoO.  KTT > BBoY for Demonology, though.  Multistrike scales well with the only piece of gear that gives it.

We'll have to see on the trinkets. You've already debunked the DS trinkets listed at 99 int/str/agi per stack up to 10. but I've found some others I'd like to check out that could be competitive if the way they're listed on wowhead is correct. but it's likely they also have like 10x their actual stats listed for some reason.

You've already debunked the DS

That was me.

Every trinket I saw during my testing today was not the same as what was listed on WoWHead or WoWDB.

Trinkets aside, best things to use at the moment:

Flask of the Draconic Mind

Volcanic Potion

Severed Sagefish Head

Boots-Sure footed

Weapon-Jade Spirit

Chest-Exceptional Stats

Gloves-Major Spellpower or Major Healing

Bracer-Healing Power, Superior Healing Power, Spellpower, or Superior Spellpower

Did not check cloak as I'm a tailor.

Note other weapon enchants have comparable prove but Jade Spirit is 2 RPPM instead of 35-45 second ICD

Actually, WindSong still better than Jade Spirit for Demo lock, at least.

They are less than 0,1% behind and the chances of get a good lucky RNG proc on meta dump make it a cool choice.

Actually, WindSong still better than Jade Spirit for Demo lock, at least.

They are less than 0,1% behind and the chances of get a good lucky RNG proc on meta dump make it a cool choice.

Even if this is true, it's negligible at best.  I also doubt that random Haste/Mastery/Crit procs are better than a 40-50% uptime on a sizeable Intellect proc.

If MoP herbs decrease drastically in price, don't forget about Mysterious Fortune cards! (edit: for sales, not use)

Edited by Mokrengar

Even if this is true, it's negligible at best.  I also doubt that random Haste/Mastery/Crit procs are better than a 40-50% uptime on a sizeable Intellect proc.

Procrate of JS and WS are pretty much the same and Int have same weight of Secondaries at lvl 90, plus, WS can proc double or triple buff.