FORUMS
Damien

Blood Death Knight 6.2

Guest Olisaurus

Hi!

This is probably way too early to discuss but I'd like to figure out what stats could be the best for cms (630 ilvl) for blood dks. Because of the rng I haven't got enough gear to theory craft myself at the moment, but if there was a %cap for multistrike for example, what would it be? Also could you please explain if strength would be a prio over bonus armor on, let's say, trinkets? From what I've seen you get as much AP from 1 str as you do from 1BA, is there any other benefit besides the little parry and same amount of AP from strength? Or could I prio bonus armor on trinkets as much as I would prio strength?

And last, would you reckomend having Bonus armor-mastery/multistrike(obviously balance them in every slot) on every single piecee of slot?

Thanks in advance.

I think that Mastery is supirior to Multistrike, because Mastery doesnt just result in a bigger percentage of the healing done from deathstrike as an Bloodshield it also increases the Healing part of Deathstrike, since it scales now with your AP and no longer with your max Health.

Because of that ill try:

Bonus armor>mastery>=Multistrike>Versality>Crit>haste

Pls correct me if im totaly wrong ;)

Guest Faraam

Hi, thx for this guide.

For DK addon you can use too Tellmewhen, you can see your score of your masteryshield or another buff we can stack and we normally need to use your mouth to see the value.

PS : Sry for my bad english wink.png

Guest Pipeshow

Hi guy im new here what do u think about the Sombrelune Card for tank ?

Hi guy im new here what do u think about the Sombrelune Card for tank ?

It's called Darkmoon Faire in English.

Guest Olisaurus

I think that Mastery is supirior to Multistrike, because Mastery doesnt just result in a bigger percentage of the healing done from deathstrike as an Bloodshield it also increases the Healing part of Deathstrike, since it scales now with your AP and no longer with your max Health.

Because of that ill try:

Because of that ill try:

If you use bloodtap I'd rather say that crit would be a prio over vers. But everything else you said seems about right and makea sense, so thanks for that.

Guest Vamperion

Can we get an explanation on your runeforge choice? The forums I've looked at seem to be exploding with debate over optimal rune choice and I'm curious as to why you chose Fallen Crusader over say Swordshattering or Stoneskin Gargoyle.

The random heal seems like a poor choice, unless it has an insanely good proc chance. Would the 4% parry not be a better option? If you could elaborate on this that'd be great! biggrin.png

Guest alpha5099

I noticed in the BiS lists it says that 2H Axes, Swords, and Maces are the only viable weapons for Blood DKs. Don't forget about Str Polearms.

Can we get an explanation on your runeforge choice? The forums I've looked at seem to be exploding with debate over optimal rune choice and I'm curious as to why you chose Fallen Crusader over say Swordshattering or Stoneskin Gargoyle.

The random heal seems like a poor choice, unless it has an insanely good proc chance. Would the 4% parry not be a better option? If you could elaborate on this that'd be great! biggrin.png

I think Stoneskin Gargoly is a solid alternative. I'll check with Reniat and see what he thinks about it. Expect another post.

• Confused 1

Guest goodboy91

I am a bit confused to what secondary stats I should be having on my gear. In this thread multistrike seems so be what is reccomended, but in the guide multistrike isn't even on the list of defensive stat priorities. Is it a slip up or did i miss something? The gemming and enchanting also reccomends mastery as #1 priority. I am not trying to criticize the guide, I want to thank you for making it, but I am honestly confused when it comes to stat priority.

To follow up on the previous post, it works out that at a raiding gear level (that is to say, with gear out of heroic dungeons), Fallen Crusader is just better than Stoneskin Gargoyle. Sure, Bonus Armor is great, but FC gives considerably more Strength.

I am a bit confused to what secondary stats I should be having on my gear. In this thread multistrike seems so be what is reccomended, but in the guide multistrike isn't even on the list of defensive stat priorities. Is it a slip up or did i miss something? The gemming and enchanting also reccomends mastery as #1 priority. I am not trying to criticize the guide, I want to thank you for making it, but I am honestly confused when it comes to stat priority.

Regarding the stat priorities, what we have up right now is correct. For survival (which is what you should mostly be going for), it's Bonus Armor and Mastery all the way.

Guest goodboy91

I am currently considering buying Knights Badge (229 bonus armor & crit proc), vs my (138 bonus armor & versatility proc). Considering crit is the worst defensive stat, is it still worth it? I guess the obious answer is 'yes', but i would like someone else's input as well:)

Guest Rhaegar

So then for a survival spec are you saying that multistrike is just so bad it's not even worth mentioning?

Guest Guest

So, I read through the whole forum to try and find an answer to my question, but apparently up to now nobody questioned the tier 7 talent choice. 

I understand that Necrotic Plague is the smallest dps gain, but I think the gain of runic power plays in both dps and survivability.

All the additional runic power gained you can use on more death coil, which not only gives more stacks of blood tap, but also increases the shield you apply with death strike. 

Or did I misunderstand something? 

Guest Judgewapner

So just coming back to the game after a long break. I noticed no mention of pairing Death Coil with Lichborne as a healing CD. I've been using it to a great degree of success on trash and bosses where I tend to get a fair bit of RP and take some sizable hits.

Just curious if this was considered non-viable, or why it was over looked when discussing Lichborne as a talent.

Guest Stirroc

Thank you! I'm going to include them in the guide, that's a great idea.

I think it should be added that NOT using Glyph of the Army of the Dead can be quite handy during tricky trash or 5-man Heroics/Challenge modes. I consider my AoD to be my "Off-tank in a can" for when &$%# hits the fan and I need the mobs off me NOW. This can give my healers a break to get some more heals on me. Normally the situations that AoD saves me/the group in are messy enough that positioning has gone out the window anyway, so the downside is not so bad.

So then for a survival spec are you saying that multistrike is just so bad it's not even worth mentioning?

Yes, that's exactly right.

So, I read through the whole forum to try and find an answer to my question, but apparently up to now nobody questioned the tier 7 talent choice. 

I understand that Necrotic Plague is the smallest dps gain, but I think the gain of runic power plays in both dps and survivability.

All the additional runic power gained you can use on more death coil, which not only gives more stacks of blood tap, but also increases the shield you apply with death strike. 

Or did I misunderstand something? 

I think the simple answer is that in terms of survivability, which is the main concern, both Defile and BoS are just much better.

So just coming back to the game after a long break. I noticed no mention of pairing Death Coil with Lichborne as a healing CD. I've been using it to a great degree of success on trash and bosses where I tend to get a fair bit of RP and take some sizable hits.

Just curious if this was considered non-viable, or why it was over looked when discussing Lichborne as a talent.

Lichborne no longer has any interaction with Death Coil. It's just a 10% increase to your leech amount, and it's just a bit lackluster. But the, this applies to raids moreso than to anything else (as do all our guides), where you have dedicated healers healing you (or at least assigned to do so). If your environment is such that there's a good chance that you won't get reliable heals (dungeons where the healer dies, bad pug groups, soloing), then Lichborne will certainly be more useful than the other two to keep you alive.

I think it should be added that NOT using Glyph of the Army of the Dead can be quite handy during tricky trash or 5-man Heroics/Challenge modes. I consider my AoD to be my "Off-tank in a can" for when &$%# hits the fan and I need the mobs off me NOW. This can give my healers a break to get some more heals on me. Normally the situations that AoD saves me/the group in are messy enough that positioning has gone out the window anyway, so the downside is not so bad.

Yeah, that's certainly true, but that's super rare in raids, which is what the guide is aimed at.

Guest Alphard

HI, having a fairly simple question but could not find the answer anywhere. Does anybody know, if Death Coil multistrikes trigger additional Enhanced Death Coil (Shadow of Death)?

Guest Killyox

Sorry Vlad but you are completely mistaken.

Death Coil DOES still heal during Licheborne. Go try it yourself. I even did so just now to confirm it.

As for the guide itself, why does it say IBF is 20% while it's 50% for blood? Seems like an oversight.

Guest Pasch

Hello,

why is crit so low on the defensive stats? It adds directly to parry via riposte, doesn't it?

Guest Killyox

Yes, that's exactly right.

I think the simple answer is that in terms of survivability, which is the main concern, both Defile and BoS are just much better.

Lichborne no longer has any interaction with Death Coil. It's just a 10% increase to your leech amount, and it's just a bit lackluster. But the, this applies to raids moreso than to anything else (as do all our guides), where you have dedicated healers healing you (or at least assigned to do so). If your environment is such that there's a good chance that you won't get reliable heals (dungeons where the healer dies, bad pug groups, soloing), then Lichborne will certainly be more useful than the other two to keep you alive.

Yeah, that's certainly true, but that's super rare in raids, which is what the guide is aimed at.

Wrong. Licheborne still works with death coil. Go ahead an try it yourself smile.png

Don;t know if my previous message got posted or not. I don't see it.

Guest Pasch

Why is crit valued so low? It provides parry via riposte, doesnt it

Guest Judgewapner

I still receive considerable Death Coil heals when popping Lichborne. I'm not sure if I'm broken or if the ability is broken, but I'm still able to benefit from the undead status and heal myself fairly consistently with Death Coil for the duration.

I have tried to heal myself with Death Coil without lichborne and it doesn't interact, but it seems to still work for me with the buff activated.

Guest Tehuta

Hi, for the description of the Icebound Fortitude I noted it says 20% but in game the tooltip says 50% for 8 sec so not sure if it's a typo or just me being dumb.