FORUMS
Sign in to follow this  
Damien

Frost Death Knight 7.1

Guest Llewllew

Are there any guidelines on secondary-stat break points yet for frost? I ask this because it's possible, with the right Baleful gear, to really heavily stack stats. My DW kit could have me sitting at 54.5 percent mastery, which seems like it's getting into the ludicrous zone.

As far as Baleful gear goes, and reciving a 2h instead of 1h weapons, it's still the same as rolling for bonus loot during MoP. You have a chance of getting a 2H sometimes, that's just how it is. All you can do is set your loot drops to Frost and hope for the best. Even if there was a 1h Baleful armament, you would still have the chance of a 2h Baleful armament dropping, so it wont change the rate of finding the weps.

While I do agree, getting a piece you can't use is a pain, it's been the same since then - Just like getting a piece of gear with incorrect stats, it's just a roll of the dice. In all honesty it's better to go for (and probably quicker than grinding Baleful weps) to get the items though different means. With a catch up cap you can obtain 700ilvl conq items, mythic dungeons, even the honor weps will sort you out in the process. Even grinding some raid finder would put you in a better position. Glhf.

Edited by backflipko

Guest Galanodrel

Just figured I'd mention it.  On fights where you don't really use IBF and don't need an extra 5yd radius for BB, Glyph of Runic Power might be a DPS increase if there are a lot of movement impairing effects, for instance on Mannoroth. And for movement heavy fights with adds, Swift Death can be useful, although, generally speaking, you should be able to get more dps out of the other glyphs.

Guest Steve

Why is it part of the rotation to wait for two Unholy runes to cast Obliterate?

Guest Tegu

You don't have to wait anymore with the nerfs to the tier, use Obliterate with your Unh runes for single target and use HB for cleave and aoe, Use Obliterate on 2 Unh runes  when cleave/aoe.

For single target you don't have to wait, for cleave/ aoe use Obliterate only when you`re about to cap the Unholy runes.

Guest Guest

Can you confirm the BiS trinkets since 6.0.3 for DW Frost...on front page it is saying last updated in June 15'......

Guest Feenex

So on Icy Veins they are saying to put Rune of Fallen Crusader on the mainhand and Razorice on the offhand... and then on Simulationcraft it is saying to do the opposite?  What are you guys finding to be the most effective?  Also I am finding that the majority of my damage is coming from howling blasts and not frost strikes on single target encounters... Am I doing something wrong? (Looking at Simulationcraft 1H -Frost for 705 ilvl - Also keep in mind I do not have the full tier set ). 

It really doesn't matter how you enchant them. Regarding the single target Frost Strike should be doing more dmg especially if you use it  with Killing Machine. 

HI

This is probably a daft newbie question, but why is it preferable to proc KM on frost strike rather than obliterate?

Thanks

Because Frost Strikes hits harder and you want to use your runes preferably on HB unless you have Unholy runes. You can Obliterate with KM if you don't have Runic Power for FS.

Guest Frostmare

Just to completely understand the Obliterate deal in DW....So I only OB when I have both Unholy runes, but I am only doing one OB? I am assuming so only one unholy run is down at any given time because of how rune regen works? I was waiting for 2 unholy runes and then doing 2 OBs, which was making zero sense to me....

Guest Guest Silvermoon

Hey Guys

Im running a Frost DW DK at the moment.

Can someone help me with the Stat Priority for it?

At the moment im focusing on this Priority: Mastery>Haste>Multistrike>Versality>Critical
Im just not sure if its right like this.
On my Ilvl 695 im dealing like 30-40k dps with 51% Mastery 33% Haste 20 % Multistrike 
Can someone post good Priority that i could import to AskMrRobot? smile.png

Thanks upfront guys.

Just to completely understand the Obliterate deal in DW....So I only OB when I have both Unholy runes, but I am only doing one OB? I am assuming so only one unholy run is down at any given time because of how rune regen works? I was waiting for 2 unholy runes and then doing 2 OBs, which was making zero sense to me....

Use Obliterate with your unholy runes  or when  KM procs but you don't have runic power for FS.

Edited by Tegu

Hey Guys

Im running a Frost DW DK at the moment.

Can someone help me with the Stat Priority for it?

At the moment im focusing on this Priority: Mastery>Haste>Multistrike>Versality>Critical

Im just not sure if its right like this.

On my Ilvl 695 im dealing like 30-40k dps with 51% Mastery 33% Haste 20 % Multistrike 

Can someone post good Priority that i could import to AskMrRobot? smile.png

Thanks upfront guys.

Don't have sims but considering nothing changed  for DW  you can probably go with  what you have listed.

Guest Reave

The trinket bis list does not consider the Gronnoth War Horn heirloom trinket. I am trying to decide which would be a dps increase the heirloom trinket or Horn of screaming spirits(HC). Can anyone comment on this?

The trinket bis list does not consider the Gronnoth War Horn heirloom trinket. I am trying to decide which would be a dps increase the heirloom trinket or Horn of screaming spirits(HC). Can anyone comment on this?

Go with the BoA trinket.

Hello guys, keep in mind that this guide is for pre-patch only and everything can change at any time. Also gear list right now isn't accurate, i'd try to put a *BiS* these days. Special thanks once again to TheQ, Mini from Midwinter, Bantesaurus from guild Enigma and the IRC Death Knight community of #Acherus for helping me out with the Frost guide.

Sign in to follow this