FORUMS
Damien

Retribution Paladin 6.2

Guest HAULIDIN

yes im not too sure im understanding this multistrike and versatility thing. whats the deal with those? what are they?

yes im not too sure im understanding this multistrike and versatility thing. whats the deal with those? what are they?

They are two new secondary stats introduced with the patch. Once Warlords of Draenor launches, they will become more widely available on gear.

http://wowpedia.org/Versatility

http://wowpedia.org/Multistrike

Guest Nico

I wonder if it would be worth pointing out that (at least during the transition phase between MoP and WoD), level-85 Cataclysm food provides a bigger benefit than Mists food.

For example, inv_misc_food_meat_cooked_08.jpgBeer-Basted Crocolisk provides 36 strength and 36 stamina, while inv_misc_food_cooked_golden_black_pepperBlack Pepper Ribs and Shrimp only provides 34 strength.  This applies to all stat food, not just strength, and mats are also vastly cheaper and easier to aquire.

Similar improvements can also be found on Cata potions and flasks.

This is an oversight by Blizzard, they're in the middle of making a patch to fix this.

Hi,

I am playing a paladin protection / retribution

I am a little bit confused by your guide and the 6.0.2 patch note. (it will not be the first time with Blizzard but...)

So patch notes says:

Secondary Stat Attunements

A new concept that we’re introducing is each specialization having an attunement to a particular secondary stat. These take the form of a passive ability that grants a 5% increase to the amount of a specific secondary stat gained. This provides a good starting point for where to focus your secondary stats. Usually, it will be your highest throughput stat (not counting Spirit for Healers, and Bonus Armor for Tanks, which is an optimal secondary stat in most cases). There are exceptions, and raw throughput may not even be the biggest concern in some situations. Treat this as a guideline, not a rule, about which secondary stat to favor.

• All specializations now receive a 5% bonus to specific secondary stat bonuses received from all sources. This bonus is granted through new passive abilities or additional effects added to existing passive abilities.
  • [... other classes ...]
  • Paladin
    • Holy: Critical Strike
    • Protection: Haste
    • Retribution: Mastery

and in your guide you says that Mastery is top priority:

The stat priority for Retribution Paladins is:

1. Strength;
  2. Haste until 50%;
  3. Mastery OR Critical Strike;
  4. Versatility;
  5. Multistrike.

is everything ok and all right?

Do we have to prioritise Haste up to 50% and then Mastery or Crit (for enchant and gems) or prioritise Mastery?

By the way, with the hotfix from October 16

• Paladin
    • Retribution
      • Mastery: Hand of Light's additional damage dealt has been increased by 20%.

is Haste up to 50% our priority or Mastery became more interesting?

if Haste is still top priority, is Mastery more interesting than Critical Strike now as a third priority?

Thanks

Guest Lianhua

Enchant Cloak - Greater Critical Strike gives more crit than Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike tongue.png

Enchant Cloak - Greater Critical Strike gives more crit than Enchant Cloak - Superior Critical Strike tongue.png

I'll fix it, thanks!

Guest Bluntron

I am very confused as to where you guys are getting haste as a superior stat? I see no information on WoD beta that haste does what it did in MoP, Reduce our GCD for our primary abilities. They took that passive out in our spell books, and haste just increases attk speed and cast speed, unless there is a blue post about attk speed that I have missed

While there doesn't seem to be anything stated on skills or in passives that Haste reduces the cooldown of many of our skills, it still does.  This can easily be tested by taking off one or more pieces of haste gear and comparing the cooldowns.

Hi,

I am playing a paladin protection / retribution

I am a little bit confused by your guide and the 6.0.2 patch note. (it will not be the first time with Blizzard but...)

So patch notes says:

and in your guide you says that Mastery is top priority:

is everything ok and all right?

Do we have to prioritise Haste up to 50% and then Mastery or Crit (for enchant and gems) or prioritise Mastery?

By the way, with the hotfix from October 16

is Haste up to 50% our priority or Mastery became more interesting?

if Haste is still top priority, is Mastery more interesting than Critical Strike now as a third priority?

Thanks

I've tweaked the stat priority, Haste to 40% remains on top, with Mastery second and Crit third. I don't understand what the patch note you linked has to do with it, though :)

This guide is completely wrong and runs contrary to all the sims and parses currently out. I suggest updating the information.

Thanks, we've updated the stat priority.

Hi, thanks a lot,

about the patch note, it is more than why Blizzard gives a bonus to Mastery as secondary stat for Palret when the top secondary stat is haste for palret?

I think it is very confusing for newbies or for people that doesn't do theorycrafting or go on Icy Veins. (and for non english speaker, Icy Veins is not easy to understand (and part of my job in my guild is to 'translate' Icy Veins in french^^)

Blizzard says that they want a game easy to play but harder to master, and WoD is going into that way with less spells, less stats, less caps, less stuff and so on but they gives bonus to haste for palprot but they need mastery and mastery to palret but they need haste...

I don't follow the logic on that because for a lot of players, if blizzard gives a bonus to a stat it is that this stat is top priority...

Hi, thanks a lot,

about the patch note, it is more than why Blizzard gives a bonus to Mastery as secondary stat for Palret when the top secondary stat is haste for palret?

I think it is very confusing for newbies or for people that doesn't do theorycrafting or go on Icy Veins. (and for non english speaker, Icy Veins is not easy to understand (and part of my job in my guild is to 'translate' Icy Veins in french^^)

Blizzard says that they want a game easy to play but harder to master, and WoD is going into that way with less spells, less stats, less caps, less stuff and so on but they gives bonus to haste for palprot but they need mastery and mastery to palret but they need haste...

I don't follow the logic on that because for a lot of players, if blizzard gives a bonus to a stat it is that this stat is top priority...

The two issues are not connected at all. All Blizzard is saying is that those specs will receive more of a given stat from the sources that provide it, but that does not in any way imply that that stat automatically becomes the best one for the spec. It all has to do with how far the specific stat was from being the best stat before the update. For instance, if Haste is the worst stat for the spec by a large margin, making the spec gain 5% more of it from all sources is unlikely to cause the stat to become the best one.

As for understanding the content of Icy Veins, we actively try to use language that is as simple and as consistent as possible, but there is only so much we can do before we start annoying native speakers (or people who speak English very fluently).

For the 5%, blizz states specifically that it isn't the case for all classes and specs, it's just a good lead for beginners to edge towards. There will be times where a different stat can become more valuable.

Guest Bruno

Hi,

Thanks for this very detailled ret paladin guide. It is very helpful since I'm new to this class. I don't see the "Boundless Conviction" you are talking about. Does it really apply to 6.0.2? I don't see it neither as passiv ability, nor as talent.

Thanks.

Guest jeri

You have Sensei's Wild Jade as an option for a red socket.

You have Sensei's Wild Jade as an option for a red socket.

Thanks, fixing it!

Guest CJ

Hi there, just a quick question. I have 35% haste atm, do i need to gem it to 40% without raidbuff or is the 40% requirement already include raid buffs.

Thanks.

That would be without the raid buff, since the raid buff doesn't apply to the reduction of CDs

Guest Wumpen

Enchant cloak - Accuracy give 13 crit. Atleast the tooltip states that!

//Wumpen

That is correct! Apparently I never noticed that the way haste buffs applied now means it reduces CDs. 40% haste BUFFED is the new breakpoint.

Guest Earendil
You should use wow_icon_spell_holy_sealofvengeance.jpg Seal of Truth. Against 4 or more enemies which survive for 30+ seconds, you should use wow_icon_spell_holy_righteousnessaura.jp Seal of Righteousness.

I think this is a mistake,you can see these APL code in simc

actions.precombat+=/seal_of_truth,if=active_enemies<2
actions.precombat+=/seal_of_righteousness,if=active_enemies>=2 

Both SoT and SoR have 12% weapon damage

HotR doesn't make holy damage on the main target anymore.I think something between CS and HotR need to be changed.

Sorry for my bad English.

Guest Girvan

Enchant cloak - Accuracy give 13 crit. Atleast the tooltip states that!

//Wumpen

It does, and it's usually a lot cheaper too.